You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Callum O Dowda

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 31>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2022 at 8:57am
Out of contract this summer and has apparently been told he is free to find a new club. He's 27 now, his career seems to be slipping away a bit with the injuries. Probably looking at a move to another lower end Championship club at best.
Sponsored Links

Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2022 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Out of contract this summer and has apparently been told he is free to find a new club. He's 27 now, his career seems to be slipping away a bit with the injuries. Probably looking at a move to another lower end Championship club at best.

Was only reading this article, they've the option to extend his contract for another 12 months but looks like they're not going to following further injury setbacks.

Mark Sykes tipped as a potential replacement.

doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2022 at 2:24pm
Its a pity. I really liked him as a player. Hopefully he will get sorted and get back to playing. If he does he has still lots to give. 
I love beer gardens
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2022 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Was only reading this article, they've the option to extend his contract for another 12 months but looks like they're not going to following further injury setbacks.

Mark Sykes tipped as a potential replacement.

Like Robbie Brady he's been plagued with various different injuries throughout his career.

Sadly it would be a very poor decision for a team to pick up either of these players as they won't play three games in a row. 

Really sad as both could have had very good careers otherwise.

O'Dowda has just been very unlucky more than anything, has had several different injuries including some that required surgeries and almost all were down to bad challenges rather than his own body not being able to cope.

Like between Sept 2021 after he recovered from his long term groin injury he played  a run of 20 games until he Feb 2022 when a bad challenge done his knee in. 

Just been one thing after another for him in that regard.

Where as with Brady, hes just never recovered from that bad knee injury back in 2017. Has never looked right since. Was never the fastest player but he can barley break into a sprint any more. Any time hes pulled up in games its usually from twisting and turning of the same knee or else niggles like hamstring or muscle pulls from lack of playing. Can see him calling it a day soon enough like David Meyler did.
amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2022 at 2:14am
not sure what teams are interested in him but i could see him doing well in MLS, style of play would suit him
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2022 at 12:39pm
No shortage of interest with Cardiff appearing the most likely destination.

Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2022 at 5:01pm
Moves to Cardiff on a 3 year deal
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2022 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Moves to Cardiff on a 3 year deal

That seems crazy, good for odowda but he'll play 8 games in that time.

Nice little Irish contingent there now with Bagan and Mc Guinness also. Will keep an eye out for them. Who's the manager there these days?
Idah Dream!
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2022 at 5:07pm
Steve Morison
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2022 at 3:15pm
Scores.

Goal and an assist already this season.

Himself and Brady could be due recalls.
longford claret View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longford claret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2022 at 3:30pm
His sister got a bronze medal for England this week in Heptaphlon at The Commonwealth Games. Kate O'Connor getting a silver for Northern Ireland. 
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2022 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by longford claret longford claret wrote:

His sister got a bronze medal for England this week in Heptaphlon at The Commonwealth Games. Kate O'Connor getting a silver for Northern Ireland. 

Mark Kinsellas daughter won 2 gold medals too in Gymnastics.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2022 at 1:01pm
Grabs another assist vs Birmingham.

Great start to the season, 1 goal, 2 assist in 3 games.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2022 at 1:10pm
Playing his way back into the Ireland squad. Not so good for McGuinness whose found himself as fifth choice CB this season or Bagan whose only squad appearance was a start in the cup.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2022 at 1:22pm
Great assist TBF. I've rarely seen that kind of penetration or urgency from him. Hopefully he keeps up this new lease of life.

Not surprised re: McGuinness. They were always going to be looking to upgrade that particular area. Bagan had a purple patch of goals last season but his job is primarily to defend, and he was found lacking in that regard several times last season.
Technical_method View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technical_method Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2022 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Great assist TBF. I've rarely seen that kind of penetration or urgency from him. Hopefully he keeps up this new lease of life.

Not surprised re: McGuinness. They were always going to be looking to upgrade that particular area. Bagan had a purple patch of goals last season but his job is primarily to defend, and he was found lacking in that regard several times last season.

Agree with all of that but they have time to put that all right 
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2022 at 1:47pm
McGuinness was, by a comfortable distance, one of their best players last year. Didn't have a great end to the season, but he was widely praised as about the only good thing McCarthy did for the club for most of the year. Very strange how he has found himself out of favour this year. Bagan is a bit more understandable as he mixed the good with the bad last season.
We're decent enough..
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2022 at 2:04pm
Always rated O'Dowda. Composed and good on the ball. Nice passer good technical player. I hope and expect to see him back in the squad.
I love beer gardens
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 31>
  Share Topic