You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vienna - November 12th 2016- Travel + Accom

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 54>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Stalin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2016 at 12:55am
Does anyone know what the deal will be if coming into Vienna by train from a neighbouring country with all the border difficulties these days? Just pricing trains here from various cities. I realise it could all have changed by by November of course...
Sponsored Links

SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2016 at 1:33am
I think things are currently okay and international trains are generally running. If you are coming in from the North (i.e. Prague), things should be fine.

There were difficulties in Salzburg last year, and I think it worked both ways. I believe direct Austria to Germany trains were cancelled, and that meant they had to stop Germany to Austria ones as well (because they couldn't get the rolling stock back over the border easily). So coming from Germany could present difficulties.

From Bratislava, I doubt there'll be an issue, as the migrants generally travel through Hungary. However, things can change. That said, there are riverboats, airport buses and trains, plus Bratislava is really, really close to Vienna, so you'd have to figure it'd be okay.

From Hungary, things may be difficult, but may not: if the Hungarians stem the flow from Serbia with their new fence, it may cut out a lot of issues. Then the problem becomes "which way will the migrants go". They have limited enough ability to get through Croatia, because the Croats are cutting them off too. They could, conceivably, head through Romania and back around into Hungary that way, and on to Austria and then Germany from there.

There's a million unknowns and it really depends on where the lines are drawn on the maps: if the Hungarians succeed in putting a hard block across the Serbian-Hungarian border, it could stem the flow of migrants through Hungary completely, but it equally might not, if they bypass it through Romania.... although who knows if the Hungarian-Romanian border is strengthened in response?

tl;dr? f**k knows.
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2016 at 10:25am
You will be grand as long as you dont look like a Syrian,i went to Freilassing last week,German border town,there were a few random car checks but it seems to be only in the mornings and evenings,trains from Hungary and Slovakia shouldn't be an issue once you proudce your passport before boarding.
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2016 at 11:29am
Originally posted by Stretchryan Stretchryan wrote:

Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

If looking for good accomm at good price, try hotel Boltzmann. Five minutes from charlie ps

Just booked in here. Defo meet for pints this time Tom!!

last night i booked a twin/double in this place.

Edited by colemanY2K - 25 Feb 2016 at 11:30am
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2016 at 11:48am
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

If looking for good accomm at good price, try hotel Boltzmann. Five minutes from charlie ps

Booked a twin room in here as well
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2016 at 11:55am
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

I think we are booked into the same place.

Still nothing done with travelling over yet.
Sligo Hornet View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Runner Up, Branson lookalike 2003

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2016 at 12:49pm

we stayed in the Hotel Boltzmann for the last trip to Vienna.......nice hotel

sadly , it seems they have lowered their standards when see some of the riff raff they have accepted reservations from
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2016 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by Sligo Hornet Sligo Hornet wrote:

we stayed in the Hotel Boltzmann for the last trip to Vienna.......nice hotel

sadly , it seems they have lowered their standards when see some of the riff raff they have accepted reservations from

Shocked

LOLLOLLOL
icebhoy5 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icebhoy5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2016 at 10:18pm
All booked...Job done...
Need to sell a kidney at this stage...
Spiderman me bollocks!
farneybhoy View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farneybhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2016 at 11:18am
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Just booked a twin there too seeing as a few others have.. Now have to convince somebody to take the trip to share the cost! 
Tyronebhoy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyronebhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2016 at 7:16pm
Originally posted by icebhoy5 icebhoy5 wrote:

All booked...Job done...

Don't sell your liver... you're going to need it Wink
Northmen, Southmen, Comrades All
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2016 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by Tyronebhoy Tyronebhoy wrote:

[QUOTE=icebhoy5] All booked...Job done...

Don't sell your liver... you're going to need it Wink
[/QUOTE 

He said Kidney Big smile
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Row Z View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Row Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2016 at 2:39pm
Booked there this morning, 5 of us Saints going on tour. Cost €350 return, Friday to Sunday, seems pricey but feck it. 
Now to look for accomodation.....

"Just put it up there..."
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2016 at 2:54pm
Going to try go to this with my Dad i'd say. Wont be booking until after Euros though.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
mbyrne15 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbyrne15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2016 at 3:18pm
Booked the hotel Arpi for two of us, looks pretty basic but does the job for €44 a night
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2016 at 4:15pm
Changed our  booking to A + O Wien Hauptbanhof,right at the train station,rooftop bar,pool table and  14€ a night Thumbs Up
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2016 at 11:02am
Hotel Pension Bleckmann also just a few minutes away from Charlie P's.
Looked at the hotel that St Tom and Stretch and a few others have booked into and then realised it's a bit of peace and quiet I need when I get back to the hotel.

Anyhow this hotel is €62 for a twin/double room so it's actually cheaper and probably closer to Charlie P's so thumbs up all round!
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2016 at 9:15pm
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

Hotel Pension Bleckmann also just a few minutes away from Charlie P's.
Looked at the hotel that St Tom and Stretch and a few others have booked into and then realised it's a bit of peace and quiet I need when I get back to the hotel.

Anyhow this hotel is €62 for a twin/double room so it's actually cheaper and probably closer to Charlie P's so thumbs up all round!
Few of us in here too.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 54>
  Share Topic