You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vienna - November 12th 2016- Travel + Accom

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 54>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eboue16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2016 at 9:28pm
Thumbs Up
hope that price sticks under the 200 mark so i can get the funds sorted asap!

Edited by eboue16 - 07 Feb 2016 at 9:34pm
Sponsored Links

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2016 at 9:50pm
Great price for a direct flight! Gonna book this in the morning
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2016 at 9:58pm
You've as good a chance of a ticket as the chance of tomorrow being monday
cardwizzard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardwizzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2016 at 10:13pm
Bargain price that is. Super flight times as well.

Booked up

Edited by cardwizzard - 07 Feb 2016 at 10:52pm
GreenDodger93 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenDodger93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2016 at 10:16pm
All booked up!
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2016 at 10:17pm
Fookin coonts Aer Lingus, they said last week that this route was finished this year so decided to book through Budapest Angry with swineair
Hickster74 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hickster74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2016 at 10:22pm
Feck it anyway, jumped too soon on the Zurich stop while the money was there! Great deal that, wouldn't hang around if you're booking it..
"Perhaps the reason that they did not consider the worst, was because discussion of such cases would have cast suspicion on the planner as being a "saboteur". Paranoia was rampant throughout."
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2016 at 10:27pm
The only downside is the 07:10 flight out and the extra €20 you need to add on for the taxi to the airport at that hour of the morning as opposed to just getting the aircoach at a normal hour. If you drive to the airport anyway, it's nothing to worry about, but from Dublin it's something else you'll have to consider.
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2016 at 11:43pm
Booked it myself this evening, couldn't believe it when I saw the comments on here about it and I certainly couldn't believe how cheap it was for a direct route. Shocked

I certainly wasn't gonna look that gift horse in the mouth and that's exactly what it is. I thought if Aer Lingus were going to continue that route for next winter they'd be charging an absolute fortune a la Ryanair to Bratislava (€300 return? Eh, no thanks Mick!LOL).

Wonder why they changed their minds anyway after they had told some on here that that route was going seasonal next autumn, even their website had suggested as much only a few weeks ago?Confused

I must say, I do feel sorry for those on here who have gone ahead with other flights, having been clearly misled by AL. I had only been holding off as I was waiting to see what Easyjet had uploaded for their November flights so I could weigh up all my options for connecting flights.
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2016 at 12:02am

Edited by nvidic - 08 Feb 2016 at 12:02am
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2016 at 12:03am
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2016 at 12:35am
ffs, ok, guilty as charged, point taken LOLEmbarrassed

Don't worry, I'm not usually like that. Big smile
Tyronebhoy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyronebhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2016 at 2:57am
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Fookin coonts Aer Lingus, they said last week that this route was finished this year so decided to book through Budapest Angry with swineair

Same as me through London, the ballixes Angry

Northmen, Southmen, Comrades All
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2016 at 7:19am
Once GSpain had said what he ahd about them being finished, I was going to book another route. My card got done ast week and cancelled so had to wait for a new one, which turned out to be my saving grace. Had a look Saturday on Skyscanner to book another route when the AL flights popped up. Booked straight away for €151. Great price. That's everything booked up for this year now. 
fr larry duff View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fr larry duff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2016 at 8:06am
had took the plunge on the Budapest route for 140 euro couple of weeks ago, missed out on this one :(

though did the Budapest route the last time and it was handy, a few hours on the train with a bag of cans ain't so bad, fair play to the rest of you jammy bastards getting the direct flights Cry
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2016 at 8:35am
Was going to book this after the Euros but hard to pass up that price. All booked up now
baresi41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baresi41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2016 at 10:23am
Booked up. Direct and all. That's all trips sorted now for the year. I'd say AL were waiting to see what was happening with the Euro's first before opening flights, but god bless them for the price I paid.Wink 
FRANCO BARESI: Always supporting the green brigade
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2016 at 10:36am
Originally posted by baresi41 baresi41 wrote:

Booked up. Direct and all. That's all trips sorted now for the year. I'd say AL were waiting to see what was happening with the Euro's first before opening flights, but god bless them for the price I paid.Wink 
Indeed, when you consider they could easily have really taken the p*ss with their direct flights as Ryanair have been doing with their Bratislava flights.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 54>
  Share Topic