You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Civil Reception in Belfast with the Nordies?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 30313233>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2016 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Na must be Lee Camp he's talking about

Their culture hates anything Camp sure. Except King Billy, obviously.
Sponsored Links

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2016 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by Floreat Ultonia Floreat Ultonia wrote:

I daresay there are a couple hiding in your vast squad of English ringers.

Maik Taylor.

Alex Bruce.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Peter Stöger View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

I am Wah.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Stöger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2016 at 5:55pm

Loyalists have a thing for moustaches and leather alright LOL

http://cdn-01.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/migration_catalog/article25632258.ece/8e308/ALTERNATES/h342/charlie

Edited by Peter Stöger - 06 Jan 2016 at 6:05pm
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2016 at 7:39pm
Originally posted by Peter Stöger Peter Stöger wrote:

Loyalists have a thing for moustaches and leather alright LOL

http://cdn-01.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/migration_catalog/article25632258.ece/8e308/ALTERNATES/h342/charlie

Pwehhhhhhhh you had me worried there for a moment .

Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Candystripe View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Candystripe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2016 at 2:28am
Born and raised in Derry with my 4 grandparents also born here (between 1901 to 1905 who were Irish to the core, I could only support Ireland as I have done home and away throughput the years. The Poland trip was as good as it might ever get in terms of the craic but hey, about this reception. It was great to see it passed but it'll not happen. The most important thing is that the Ireland matches be shown on the big fan zones in Belfast ( it'll happen in Derry anyway). I only know one nationalist from Derry who will actually want norniron to do better than us. I just hope we the team do better than we did in Poland. I'll see you's in Paris lads. ybig

Edited by Candystripe - 07 Jan 2016 at 3:55pm
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2016 at 8:36am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

I daresay there are a couple hiding in your vast squad of English ringers.

Maik Taylor.

Alex Bruce.

Lee Hodson, Ollie Norwood,Jamie Ward, Ben Reeves, Caolan Lavery....Dont think these lads were born in Are We A Country?
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Floreat Ultonia View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Floreat Ultonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2016 at 10:16am
Northern Ireland used four players (out of 26) in the recent qualifiers who grew up outside the country.

The South named 18 such players for your games against Germany and Poland.

Whataboutery goes only so far. It's pretty obvious that

a) your closest football links with another country are to England (not NI), and

b) you rely on them far more than NI annd even Wales and Scotland
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2016 at 10:31am
Just proves we are all inclusive, where as your lot well 
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2016 at 11:21am
Republic of Ireland squad:
David Ford (Milwall) – Galway
Shay Given (Stoke City) - Donegal
Darren Randolph (West Ham United) – Wicklow
Richard Keogh (Derby County),
Seamus Coleman (Everton) - Donegal
Cyrus Christie (Derby County),
John O’Shea (Sunderland) – Waterford
Alex Pearce (Derby County),
Paul McShane (Reading) – Wicklow
Stephen Ward (Burnley) –Dublin
Robbie Brady (Norwich City) - Dublin
Marc Wilson (Stoke City) – Antrim
James McCarthy (Everton),
Jeff Hendrick (Derby County) –Dublin
Glenn Whelan (Stoke City) – Dublin
Aiden McGeady (Everton)
James McClean (West Bromwich Albion) –Derry
Alan Judge (Brentford) – Dublin
David Meyler (Hull City) – Cork
Wes Hoolahan (Norwich City) -Dublin
Eunan O’Kane (Bournemouth) – Derry
Robbie Keane (LA Galaxy) – Dublin
Shane Long (Southampton) - Tipperary,
Daryl Murphy (Ipswich Town) - Waterford
Jonathan Walters (Stoke City),
Kevin Doyle (Colorado Rapids) -Wexford
David McGoldrick (Ipswich Town).

Here is the 27 man squad named to face ze Germans and The Polskis....7 Players born outside of Ireland not the 18 you pulled outta your hoop..have to love flegger logic!

You have a point about our reliance on the English football system but that is no different to u guys either. If we wanted to go further down the leagues like NI has and pick lads born on the island playing for MK Dons or Fleetwood we could. However, as most on here will agree, we have a very unique and special relationship with our diaspora and we are more than happy to pick players from that community. We proudly draw a sizable amount of support from this community as well.

If you are trying to make an argument that your squad is somehow more ethnically pure than ours because less of them are born abroad, well that's your perogative. I hope we will continue to draw on the sons and grandsons of irishmen as it's an important link to maintain IMO...London/ Liverpool/ Manchester/ Glasweegan Irishman have previously (see kimmage garrison circa 1916 as an example) answered the call, Long may that continue
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2016 at 11:38am
Never really thought of Floreat as a bitter poster before but it's certainly looking like that with his last few posts. 
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2016 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by Candystripe Candystripe wrote:

Born and raised in Derry with my 4 grandparents also born here (between 1901 to 1905 who were Irish to the core, I could only support Ireland as I have done home and away throughput the years. The Poland trip was as good as it might ever get in terms of the craic but hey, about this reception. It was great to see it passed but it'll not happen. The most important thing is that the Ireland matches be shown on the big fan zones in Belfast ( it'll happen in Derry anyway). I only know one nationalist from Derry who will actually want norniron to do better than us. I just hope we the team do better than we did in Poland. I'll see you's in Paris lads. ybig

Is it happening in derry? Heard rumours and that but then thought it had gone cold.
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2016 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Never really thought of Floreat as a bitter poster before but it's certainly looking like that with his last few posts. 

True always found him reasonable but hes lost the run of himself all over the ROI team getting invited to Belfast, sad really.
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2016 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Aiden McGeady (Everton)

Here is the 27 man squad named to face ze Germans and The Polskis....7 Players born outside of Ireland not the 18 you pulled outta your hoop..have to love flegger logic!

You have a point about our reliance on the English football system but that is no different to u guys either. If we wanted to go further down the leagues like NI has and pick lads born on the island playing for MK Dons or Fleetwood we could. However, as most on here will agree, we have a very unique and special relationship with our diaspora and we are more than happy to pick players from that community. We proudly draw a sizable amount of support from this community as well.

If you are trying to make an argument that your squad is somehow more ethnically pure than ours because less of them are born abroad, well that's your perogative. I hope we will continue to draw on the sons and grandsons of irishmen as it's an important link to maintain IMO...London/ Liverpool/ Manchester/ Glasweegan Irishman have previously (see kimmage garrison circa 1916 as an example) answered the call, Long may that continue

Beautiful post Clap
daffyp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daffyp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2016 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Aiden McGeady (Everton)

Great post ZZ 👍 plus look at all international teams they are all doing it, I wonder how many non German born players did they have against us?
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2016 at 1:37pm
I know they had two born outside Germany in their successful World Cup squad.
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Floreat Ultonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2016 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by Zizu Zizu wrote:

Here is the 27 man squad named to face ze Germans and The Polskis

Afternoon Zizu. Surely you haven't forgotten Marty's original 40 man squad? Thought not.

Quote You have a point about our reliance on the English football system but that is no different to u guys

Sure, we all (neighboring countries) borrow players from another country. You just do it more than almost anyone else. Which is fine generally and with FIFA's rules, it just makes your jibes about non-existent countries and the like a bit silly.

Quote However, as most on here will agree, we have a very unique and special relationship with our diaspora

That's one of way of euphemising it, I suppose. As you may be vaguely aware plenty of Irish people (both living there and abroad) think the Southern State treats the Diaspora quite off-handly. That might imptove if- say- you gave the latter a vote for a ceremonial president or similar.

Quote If you are trying to make an argument that your squad is somehow more ethnically pure than ours because less of them are born abroad

I'm clearly not, but thanks for asking.

500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Floreat Ultonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2016 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by Stickittotheman Stickittotheman wrote:

True always found him reasonable but hes lost the run of himself all over the ROI team getting invited to Belfast, sad really.

Thanks both for your concern, but rest assured that

a) I'm no more nor less bitter than in any previous debates on here

b) disagreeing with you # bitterness

Do better.

Edited by Floreat Ultonia - 07 Jan 2016 at 2:05pm
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2016 at 2:49pm

Originally posted by Stickittotheman Stickittotheman wrote:

Thanks both for your concern, but rest assured that

a) I'm no more nor less bitter than in any previous debates on here

b) disagreeing with you # bitterness

Do better.

I dont see any NI fan who disagrees with me as bitter but snide comments give that aura. I do have a question though, take out the fact that you believe this is an SDLP election move designed to wind up unionists- would you agree that for community relations it is good to see both teams recognised and both communities respected? Or is this Britain/Uk and the ROI should stay away as its not their country?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 30313233>
  Share Topic