You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Civil Reception in Belfast with the Nordies?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 33>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2015 at 7:04pm
Originally posted by hammy hammy wrote:

irishmufc are you for real?  Are you really suggesting Billy Bingham was impersonating a royal wave?  I genuinely don't know whether to take you seriously  and just feel sorry for you, or whether you have got me hook line and sinker with a windup.
...and as for your position that rebel songs about killing policemen are OK yet a royal wave Wacko would be offensive is astonishing.
I am sure you also know the context that game was played in or do I need to remind you - The northeners probably need congratulated for be so reserved Smile

Have you watched the footage?

Type Northern Ireland 1 Republic of Ireland 1 and the YouTube video that's 1.35 in length. Billy does his Queen like/Royal wave at the crowd on 43 seconds.

I only posted that rebel songs should be taken in their original context and that they were played long before Ireland played that night in Windsor Park.

I don't know what song you are talking about. I'm no expert on rebel songs but the way most of them are about historical events that long precede the more recent troubles.
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Sponsored Links

Floreat Ultonia View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Floreat Ultonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2015 at 2:14pm
He means Sean South of Garryowen. As I imagine you know perfectly well.

Aye, fancy getting upset about historical events a few decades ago ;)
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2015 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by Floreat Ultonia Floreat Ultonia wrote:

He means Sean South of Garryowen. As I imagine you know perfectly well.

Aye, fancy getting upset about historical events a few decades ago ;)

I don't know that song 'perfectly well' Floreat. You're probably more of an expert on rebel songs than I am.I had to google it

Anyway (for our Unionist friends on here's sake) the moral of the story is wee Billy didn't perform a royal wave like gesture and behaved himself impeccably that night.
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2016 at 2:33pm
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2016 at 3:53pm
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

Billy Hutchinson, Asshole of the Year 2016 Winner already.

you see this is the kind of bullsh*t distraction we can do without.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2016 at 6:45pm
I say let it go ahead and let the world see just how fooking sad those Unionists are if/when they protest.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
inlikeflynn View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inlikeflynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2016 at 7:57pm
Who wants to go, that's the question. I'm sure everyone has enough difficulties fulfilling the obligations they already have in relation to their international career without inventing others.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2016 at 8:25pm
Originally posted by inlikeflynn inlikeflynn wrote:

Who wants to go, that's the question. I'm sure everyone has enough difficulties fulfilling the obligations they already have in relation to their international career without inventing others.

what ?Shocked and miss the  toe curling small talk with the political giants of local government over ham and pineapple canapies ? Fuk me I am sure some are hoping to make the squad just for this gig nevermind the euros

'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
St.Pauli Reloaded 2 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote St.Pauli Reloaded 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2016 at 8:26pm
Whats the point of this rubbish ? A civic reception for qualifiying Confused did they do it in 1988,2012 ,or for any of the World Cups that either qualified for ?
In Martin and Roy we Trust !
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2016 at 8:28pm
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

I say let it go ahead and let the world see just how fooking sad those Unionists are if/when they protest.

1.  the world will not be watching  - they don't give a fuk

2. there are already numerous examples of unioinsts making arses of them selves -  Simon Reeves journey around  Ireland  being the latest incarnation
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2016 at 8:32pm
Originally posted by St.Pauli Reloaded 2 St.Pauli Reloaded 2 wrote:

Whats the point of this rubbish ? A civic reception for qualifiying Confused did they do it in 1988,2012 ,or for any of the World Cups that either qualified for ?

I wonder what his Royal Corkness would make of it all. ''A civic reception for qualifying!!!?? at Manchester United we weren't used to celebrating mediocrity.''
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
St.Pauli Reloaded 2 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote St.Pauli Reloaded 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2016 at 8:45pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by St.Pauli Reloaded 2 St.Pauli Reloaded 2 wrote:

I wonder what his Royal Corkness would make of it all. ''A civic reception for qualifying!!!?? at Manchester United we weren't used to celebrating mediocrity.''
Obviously he wont be asked along ,out walking the dogs that day .
In Martin and Roy we Trust !
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2016 at 9:44pm
To be fair now lads, it's the first time both nations have qualified for the same tournament and both nations managed by Northern Irishmen, with Michael having also managed as we know with Rovers.  I think the idea is well-intentioned and it seems only Hutchinson and his pathetic mob are making an issue of it.  
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Floreat Ultonia View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Floreat Ultonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2016 at 9:53pm
Aye, its intention- well or otherwise- is to keep the Stoops Down Low Party briefly in the news before the likely electoral thrashing in May.

On the one hand, it's a guaranteed winner because Hutchinson's reaction was almost inevitable and indeed a key part of the project. But of course being less of a sectarian cun t than Billy Hutch isn't exactly setting the bar high, like.

Edited by Floreat Ultonia - 04 Jan 2016 at 9:54pm
Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2016 at 10:46pm

James McClean will want to go Wink- and in fact no one will be forced to attend, they will be invited so if they don't want to go then fair enough. Your very much against it that much is clear- fair enough, im all for it so people with that opinion should be respected to.
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
Fintan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
YBIG Mods are cool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fintan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2016 at 10:59pm
Let's go. Mobilise a counter protest flegs situation flegs nah mate.
inlikeflynn View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inlikeflynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2016 at 8:33am
But this is Belfast City Council, not Stormont! Who on the squad actually comes from Belfast? Why Belfast and not Derry, Cork or Dublin.

It's just politicians making trouble for the sake of it.
Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2016 at 10:22am

But this is Belfast City Council, not Stormont! Who on the squad actually comes from Belfast? Why Belfast and not Derry, Cork or Dublin.

It's just politicians making trouble for the sake of it.

And therin lies the crux of the matter. Why should it cause any trouble, surely it should be a cause for celebration. Both teams north and south qualify and have a reception in the north and south for one another in a sign of friendship and mutual respect for the achievements. As for the 1st point who actually comes from Belfast surely that has absolutely no bearing on the issue.
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 33>
  Share Topic