You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Civil Reception in Belfast with the Nordies?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 33>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Civil Reception in Belfast with the Nordies?
    Posted: 24 Nov 2015 at 12:51pm
Opinions....

http://m.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/row-over-belfast-reception-for-republic-and-northern-ireland-euro-2016-football-teams-34228044.html
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Sponsored Links

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2015 at 12:53pm
No harm in it IMO
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Icy Bread People View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icy Bread People Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2015 at 12:53pm
My opinion is f**k that. And I doubt the players could be bothered either. 
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2015 at 12:54pm
James McClean to get a knighthood.  Arise Sir James!
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2015 at 12:56pm
It's amazing how many times the Unionists managed to mention the mythical "British Isles" in that article.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2015 at 12:56pm
I reckon it's a non starter...but would send out a great message. I'd love to see the President here do it too
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Just saying like View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The truth is out there

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Just saying like Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2015 at 12:57pm
What a load of bollox.  These kunts would be better off to go back to arguing about flegs or decommissioning old bombers.  Why in the name of fcuk would our team want to go up there to some bull5hit reception and even if they did where would they find the time.  Fcuk off you shower of w**kers.
Steve Amsterdam View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2015 at 1:01pm
Have a feeling some might not make it that civil.
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!
armahibee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote armahibee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2015 at 1:04pm
Never happen...they who call the shots would be afraid more fans of the republic would turn out, imagine they I'm use public safety to throw it out
Pubes View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pubes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2015 at 1:07pm
Those Neanderthals in the UUP DUP AND UPtheQueensAss are all the same!! Wont give an inch to any moving on or coming together in Northern Ireland as they are afraid it means they are giving in or 'the other side' is winning! sickening old farts!
I think it was a good idea and would be a good show of unity and support for the whole island but at the same time if it doesn't happen ill lose no sleep about it or actually care either way - but yet again those unionist bigots remind us once again (as if we need reminding) why we support the 'republic' of Ireland - the one true football team in Ireland.
Hope they qualify for the later rounds so we can face them!
roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2015 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

I reckon it's a non starter...but would send out a great message. I'd love to see the President here do it too
He will, no doubt about that.

As for the idea, while I support it, the SDLP are throwing it out there knowing it won't fly, which is basically using the Irish national side as a political punchbag.
Gashley Grimes View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gashley Grimes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2015 at 1:12pm
Not a bad idea definitely the two O'Neill's should be honoured given they are both from the North.
Would probably work if there was a reception for both teams also in the Free State as well as Belfast.

Quite historic the whole island of Ireland is going to a major football tournament.

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2015 at 1:13pm
They could just do it on common ground i.e. in France?
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2015 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

It's amazing how many times the Unionists managed to mention the mythical "British Isles" in that article.

Indeed. Unionist politicians up North are just one big gigantic cringefest. The worst part is they are not even entertainingly so - instead they are incredibly boring cringe artists who quite simply never have any input of value into a discussion.

As for the idea, it would be a nice gesture but of course is never even going to get close to getting off the ground in that political backwater that is NI.
Scamper View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2015 at 1:30pm
If Scotland and England Qualified you wouldn't expect this to be done. So why do it here. What a load of sh*te. Anyone from the North who feels Irish supports us. The Nordies can f**k off... don't even want to be based near them in France.
====#Everywhere you play, We'll Follow====
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2015 at 1:32pm
Radio discussion on this this morning with the SDLP man who proposed the idea and the DUPs Jim Rodgers

Rodgers said if they are to have one for ROI they should invite Wales & England as well
He also had a dig at most of Irelands team being born in England and said only a few were born in Ireland

Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2015 at 1:34pm

'British Isles' is the correct geographical term for the two big islands and the smaller islands. If Scotland had left the UK last year and become independent, it wouldn't make the slightest bit of difference, they'd still be part of the geographical entity called the British Isles.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2015 at 1:35pm

My thoughts exactly.

Could you imagine if Sinn Fein  proposed it? LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 33>
  Share Topic