You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How much did Euro 2012 cost altogether?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 10>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2015 at 9:37pm
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Think Poland came to € 1700 or so for me (never really looked, or wanted to look, too closely LOL) , but imagine double that for France. Fair play to all the lads doing it on a budget, most of us started off doing something similar too, but no point about being naiive about it either, Redman's budget looks too tight to me, even doing it on the cheap. 

Agree, by all means do a budget but then add 20% and you'll be ok.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Sponsored Links

Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2015 at 9:57pm
Anyone doing the trip in a car or van or camper should check out www.wildcamping.co.uk . Might help on costs when spinning around . I plan to use some of the locations when we find out our destinations .
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2015 at 10:03pm
Originally posted by GreenDodger93 GreenDodger93 wrote:

A mattress or 2 in the back of the van, fridge and ice for the cans, baguette with ham and cheese from the supermarkets and we're sorted for the 2 weeks! I'm a student too and don't have the money to spending over 2k. Each to their own, I gurantee we'll have just as good as any of yous so get of those horses.

High horses Confused

TBH i couldn't give a toss if you were staying in a skip for two weeks as it makes no odds to me, Redman asked for advice and was given it so I don't know why you think anyone is on a high horse. 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2015 at 10:11pm
Originally posted by armahibee armahibee wrote:

Ya can get a decent bottle of white in Carrefour for 1 Euro, 15 Euro get ya 2 bottles a day, that il get the engine going rightly, could even go to Amsterdam do some importing/exporting

I'm not sure what you would classify as good wine .
I wouldn't put a paint brush in a 1e bottle of wine.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2015 at 10:11pm
Originally posted by xRedmanLFCx xRedmanLFCx wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

I'll be setting no budget! Wouldn't be much enjoyment on Redman's budget but each to their own I guess.

Can I clarify again: It's not by choice. We are students. We want to do this as cheap as we can.

Good man
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2015 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Ya can get a decent bottle of white in Carrefour for 1 Euro, 15 Euro get ya 2 bottles a day, that il get the engine going rightly, could even go to Amsterdam do some importing/exporting

He must on the €1 wine judging by his maths LOL

€1 gets you one decent bottle of wine and €15 would get you two bottles LOL
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2015 at 10:16pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

I'm very disappointed by this thread. Not one of you have even considered the idea of hooking up with some French babe who has her own gaff. Is their no French version of tinder. Thought some of you would be well on top of this by now.
Of all the nations of europe, France is probably one of a very few I've no contacts for Ouch (though did once live with a french burd who also had a mate who'd easily pass for model material but she fkn hated me cause I was always drunk)   I've already considered making a trip over in May to a few locations where games will be and going on an all out woman hunt for exactly as you've said Clap

Though the golden rule is make sure Deco stays at home as we dont want them saying, "No means no Deco, no means NO, NO means no Deco, no means NO" LOL
armahibee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote armahibee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2015 at 10:20pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Lol yeah meant to type 14. But I sh*t you not was a decent bottle of wine, sure lidl does a drinkable bottle for 2.79 over here. comparative advantages are all that!
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2015 at 10:39pm

A mattress or 2 in the back of the van, fridge and ice for the cans, baguette with ham and cheese from the supermarkets and we're sorted for the 2 weeks! I'm a student too and don't have the money to spending over 2k. Each to their own, I gurantee we'll have just as good as any of yous so get of those horses.

Ya can fcuk off if you think Im bringing the horse to France !!!
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2015 at 11:17pm
I think it cost me in the region of €1200-1500. That included 10 days over there, flights, hotels (~€30 for a double) and general living expenses. didn't get pissed once which i guess kept the cost down.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2015 at 11:29pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

I hate when that happens. Necking a 1e bottle of wine and it goes straight to the head ,and end up splashing out 14 on the second bottle. Has been an Irishmans downfall many a time in France.
ObserwatorPZPN View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ObserwatorPZPN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2015 at 11:32pm
Cost of Euro 2016 for fans will depend of how it will go regarding terrorism in France. If it will be quiet till the summer then obviously will be very expensive as Paris, and most France regions starting high season in june and will be packed regardless the Euros.
If there will be other attacks and constant threatening then, for first, many of the potenial non-football related tourist will give it up and many usual fooball travelers will surely choose comfort of the sofa instead of jihadi style clash or sth.
Then prices can go radiculously down (as in Egipt and lesser extent- Tunisia for example). But then again not many people will take advantage.

I personaly think about driving. Not that far away and interesting road trip through Germsmany. Got family friends in Paris so might be handy to sleep for free and also have local guides who help you to avoid the worst tourist traps. 
Closer to German border we play the better. Can even sleep in some german motel in some small city/off motorway, got sausage on the breakfast and leave early for the games.
In this scenario tickets for the game will be hardest for budget and also hard to get as demand might be overwhelming (still depend on the situation with terrorism).
If you drive you can`t drink too much so obvious saving here :). Petrol equaly or little bit more expensive.
Probably around february/march we will start serious preparations.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2015 at 12:16am
High season is not June.   In fact last year my brother got 2 weeks half price and an extra week free on a camping site in June.   France holidays in August.   

Lived in France for nearly a year.   Dijon. Between Lyon and Paris.   

Have inter railed around France too and been there for two Ireland games in paris..

As a result love to see Bordeaux and Toulouse.

Oh never calculated how much the trip to Poland cost. ,
AKA pedantic kunt
Hickster74 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hickster74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2015 at 1:07am
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Ya can fcuk off if you think Im bringing the horse to France !!!

Ok, so who's gonna rent one off a local farmer and ride it into town with the flag flying (no piebalds..) LOLLOL
"Perhaps the reason that they did not consider the worst, was because discussion of such cases would have cast suspicion on the planner as being a "saboteur". Paranoia was rampant throughout."
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2015 at 1:24am
Reckon about 1000 /1200€, drove up from Austria,night in Berlin,based ourselves in Gdansk for most of the trip in a campsite but opted for the luxury of a Sopot hotel for the last few nights and spent a night in Gniezno.

France will obviously cost more, renting apartments, trains,buses, more expensive booze etc.
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2015 at 6:01am
Think it cost me about 1500 for 11 days
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2015 at 8:08am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Think it cost me about 1500 for 11 days

It nearly cost them 2 turtles their lives tho!
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2015 at 8:16am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

14 days on the cheap will cost you €2500.

Doing it properly €4000.

I spent about €5k for 4 weeks at USA94.

You do the maths.

see you picked up some local lingo Clap
You have to do the" Mathes ", hey my lingo is better than yours even thou i can't spell Big smile

Edited by Claret Murph - 21 Nov 2015 at 8:24am
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 10>
  Share Topic