You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UEFA 2016 ticket portal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3132333435>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2016 at 2:22pm
I don't f**king know. It's not that difficult to get it right or read the thread, is it?
Sponsored Links

Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2016 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

How many times do ya reckon you've typed that response in the past month Dave?

LOL
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
gaelicbhoy View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gaelicbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2016 at 2:54pm
Have the extended the deadline?

Surely this shouldnt happen.

Apply for UEFA EURO 2016 tickets while you still can

Fans of the participating teams have requested more than 3.5 million tickets for UEFA EURO 2016 during 14 December 2015 and 18 January application window; if you have not applied for yours, do so while you still can. You have only until 1 February 2016.
--------------------------------
For the sake of my working life I hope we beat Scotland!
damo21 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
What powers have MODS got?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote damo21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2016 at 3:35pm
Originally posted by gaelicbhoy gaelicbhoy wrote:

Have the extended the deadline?

Surely this shouldnt happen.

Apply for UEFA EURO 2016 tickets while you still can

Fans of the participating teams have requested more than 3.5 million tickets for UEFA EURO 2016 during 14 December 2015 and 18 January application window; if you have not applied for yours, do so while you still can. You have only until 1 February 2016.
only on the General Portal Site.
he who lies down with the dog will come up with fleas
peterbelfast View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peterbelfast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2016 at 5:37pm
RECEIVED AN EMAIL FROM UEFA

You will be informed of the results of your application before the end of February at the latest.

A few days before payment is taken for the tickets, we will send another email as a reminder for you to have sufficient funds on your credit card. We kindly request that you keep an eye on your inbox for this email. Please note that you will receive this email regardless of whether your application is successful or not. 

Best regards,

UEFA EURO 2016™ Ticketing Team

David McWilliams View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David McWilliams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2016 at 8:20pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

I don't f**king know. It's not that difficult to get it right or read the thread, is it?

In fairness no one is gonna read through 33 pages for an answer, as frustrating as it is for you to answer. An FAQ in the OP with all these questions could save a lot of hassle 
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2016 at 10:58am
Man after seeing the amount of people who have applied for tickets it makes it a bit more easy for me to accept that I most likely won't be going. At least I have spared myself the stress of trying to secure tickets.
chrisdunwell View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisdunwell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2016 at 12:52pm
Hi Lads,

I got 4 tickets for the Sweden game in the first ticket portal last summer......However I'm an England fan (I come in peace) going out for a 6 day trip at the start of the tournament so we applied for venues when we are there.

If on the off chance someone has England v Russia tickets confirmed I will happily exchange the 4 - no money involved.
Brego View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2016 at 5:27pm
How the f*** could the portal accept debit card submissions if they weren't allowed. Bullsh*t
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2016 at 11:36pm
Originally posted by chrisdunwell chrisdunwell wrote:

Hi Lads,

I got 4 tickets for the Sweden game in the first ticket portal last summer......However I'm an England fan (I come in peace) going out for a 6 day trip at the start of the tournament so we applied for venues when we are there.

If on the off chance someone has England v Russia tickets confirmed I will happily exchange the 4 - no money involved.

Chris I think there is a section on the UEFA site where fans can swap tickets like you want.

Not 100% sure, if anyone else can confirm.
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2016 at 7:21am

The UEFA site only allows you to sell them back minus a handling fee.  

It might be tough to get swops though as most of us have nothing to swop.  
bannerboy95 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bannerboy95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2016 at 9:26am
All very confusing and annoying now several newspapers this morning like the independent and the sun say debit cards will be accepted and it doesn't have to be a credit card as Uefa understand debit cards are only used in a few European countries the story is on independent.ie sorry couldn't copy and paste in a rush this morning
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2016 at 9:30am
You know what, I'll be well pissed off if there's a U turn on this and UEFA start accepting debit cards. It was clearly stared in the terms and conditions and mentioned on this forum on numerous occasions. If people can't be bothered to check it out beforehand, that's their problem.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Just saying like View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The truth is out there

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Just saying like Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2016 at 9:45am
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

You know what, I'll be well pissed off if there's a U turn on this and UEFA start accepting debit cards. It was clearly stared in the terms and conditions and mentioned on this forum on numerous occasions. If people can't be bothered to check it out beforehand, that's their problem.

Surely it's good news. I don't think any of us would want to see someone denied tickets just because they didn't have access to a credit card?  The important thing is the tickets go to people with an established record of supporting the team.
schillaci View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la
I love Scott HULK Hogan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schillaci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2016 at 10:01am
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

The UEFA site only allows you to sell them back minus a handling fee.  

It might be tough to get swops though as most of us have nothing to swop.  

Its a f**king joke that Uefa charges a handling fee to shift tickets you dont really want. It just encourages neutral fans to attend games they have no real interest in rather than take a financial hit if they sell tickets on the portal.  Surely some political/FAI folks can put pressure on UEFA regarding this. Is it stupid to suggest the FAI subsidise this cost so that sellers get their full money back ?? 

On the upside, the Sweden game is on a monday. Cant see many french people taking the day off work to attend a game that France isnt involved in. So they would be more likely to sell tickets for a Monday game than a Saturday one.

Also the French nation owes us one, as an apology for Thierry Henry Tongue  Now is their chance to sort us out Wink

Edited by schillaci - 22 Jan 2016 at 10:21am
darragh90 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darragh90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2016 at 10:20am
I know people will be frustrated about UEFAs U turn but this is good news for fans if true about the Debit cards

No way should you be out of the lottery just because you dont have a CC
bannerboy95 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bannerboy95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2016 at 10:23am
That's true gave cria a call this morning went straight to answering machine it's all a load of crap I've even had to schedule an appointment just to obtain a credit card all a farce really
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2016 at 10:26am

Agree it is good news re some debit cards being accepted.  Glad I'm not sweating on it though. 

The tickets sold last July were sold to fans all over the world.  The majority were probably sold in France and neighbouring countries. 

Judging by facebook and other sites plenty of people seem to have Sweden and Italy tickets spare although most are looking for swops for England/Germany etc.  I haven't seen too many spare Belgium tickets. 

A cat 1 ticket is 145 euro.  It is a hell of a lot to pay as a neutral.  You would have to think many will end up back on the portal.  The cheaper tickets will be much harder to get.  Of course some will choose to tout them. I hope they get caught.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3132333435>
  Share Topic