You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Terrorist attacks

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 127128129130131 162>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 12:34am
Some of the f**knuts giving interviews. One was apparently blown 30 feet by the explosion yet was able to give an interview 30 mins later
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 12:34am
Originally posted by d13dave d13dave wrote:

Surely a speaker exploding could not cause that much damage?

Horrific regardless lets see. Fatalaties will be so f**king young with a few parents thrown in :((((((((

They seem to think the explosion came from around the foyer area of the arena atm
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 12:35am
The pub I work in is basically the nearest pub to the men. We were in it until 9.45 at a training day. Live 5 minutes away and heard an explosion. Always hear noises like that so paid no heed. When I seen 10 ambulances passing I knew something was up. The boss was in the bar cashing up and he helped people with their injuries. Still helicopters Flying above here. Scary stuff
d13dave View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d13dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 12:38am
An Ariana Grande concert - as i live and breath if this is a terror attack its a new low. 

Hardly an assassination attempt on the most inoffensive pop star out there. 
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 12:39am
Originally posted by GUFC_Andy GUFC_Andy wrote:

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by GUFC_Andy GUFC_Andy wrote:

At least 20 dead according to several new outlets. Horrifying

Source?
there mate. Speechless right now https://twitter.com/tom_winter/status/866794890579062784

All the yank news agencies are reporting 20 dead at least. Nothing yet from the British hacks. It's difficult to know what to believe. Seems like terrorists alright. World is f**ked
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 12:41am
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Some of the f**knuts giving interviews. One was apparently blown 30 feet by the explosion yet was able to give an interview 30 mins later

I'm listening to a bloke give his version on the BBC news.

He's claiming that the balloons were over 5 feet in length and width which brings back the theory that a few of popped and it's caused a stampede

Edited by coyne - 23 May 2017 at 12:41am
GUFC_Andy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUFC_Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 12:42am
BBC saying nothing regarding number of faitalities yet anyway

Edited by GUFC_Andy - 23 May 2017 at 12:44am
Don't ban me for no reason, please.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 12:43am
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

He's claiming that the balloons were over 5 feet in length and width which brings back the theory that a few of popped and it's caused a stampede

No chance. It was a massive explosion. You could hear it from a mile away
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 12:45am
Yup no way was that just baloons
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 12:50am
Social Media rumours there's something happening at Oldham Hospital gun-related too.

Would take with a pinch of salt however cos social media do tend to spiral things unnecessarily 
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 12:52am
Being treated as a possible terrorist incident by GMP

zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 12:54am
The rumours doing the rounds are that it was a nail bomb. I saw one video on twitter that would support that. Pure speculation still obviously.

Wider question? What do you do to prevent these attacks?
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 12:55am
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

This is why you can not take even fist hand accounts as fact
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 12:58am
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

The rumours doing the rounds are that it was a nail bomb. I saw one video on twitter that would support that. Pure speculation still obviously.

That is horrific Cry What the f*ck is wrong with people. 

I genuinely don't think there's any guaranteed way of stopping such acts. It's so depressing. An Ariana Grande concert full with kids and parents ffs
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 1:02am

The first 2 words of your post sum up everything about the immediate aftermath of most incidents like this, and it gauls me that some fckwit somewhere just put absolute bullsh*t on social media witout any knowledge of anything that has caused the incident just so they can see their tweet or post or whatever way they put out their shoite take wings and spread like wildfire
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 1:04am
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

The first 2 words of your post sum up everything about the immediate aftermath of most incidents like this, and it gauls me that some fckwit somewhere just put absolute bullsh*t on social media witout any knowledge of anything that has caused the incident just so they can see their tweet or post or whatever way they put out their shoite take wings and spread like wildfire

That's the biggest cancer of British society today unfortunately - No matter the situation, people will get their phones out; Snapchat, Instagram, Twitter etc and post something for the 'likes'
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 1:08am

If it's a planned attack it would be coordinated meaning there's simultaneous attacks and usually more deaths. These are easier to prevent as more people are involved and it takes financing and extra manpower to carry these attacks out. They'll also be planned months and months in advance. It's easier for the authorities to intercept these as opposed to lone wolf attacks which use cars/trucks to cause as much fatalities as possible off the cuff. Noone can prevent these but can limit them only as they're actually happening on the ground.

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
d13dave View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d13dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 1:10am
If this turns out to be you know who in some guise this is a major step up from a one man lone wolf attack on the House of Parliament or even the Nice promenade attack. Surely there would have to significant planning to get a bomb into the MEN and a number of people involved similar to the Bataclan. The last concert you would expect to be hit though so maybe the security was not all that.

The perpetrators must be found and traced back to the ****s radicalising them be it in mosques or jails. No doubt it will be disenfranchised ex criminals and converts doing the dirty work for Islamist preachers/IMAMs etc.  

Can see the ISIS logic of sorts in targeting Army bases, House of Parliament etc but an Ariana Grande concert full of kids with potentially a Nail Bomb? Sick sick cowardly ****s. 

Oh no the Donald is tweeting :( 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 127128129130131 162>
  Share Topic