You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Terrorist attacks

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 122123124125126 162>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2017 at 11:25pm
Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

Islam is stupid, it's like 1940s Catholism. We don't need either. We need more Jedis.
Catholicism hasn't changed; it is still the same backward, corrupt, misogynist, profitable cult it ever was, putting Fr. Trendy as Pope doesn't change that.

Edited by pre Madonna - 07 Apr 2017 at 11:25pm
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2017 at 1:11pm
https://www.google.ie/amp/abcnews.go.com/amp/International/wireStory/terror-charges-dropped-belgium-high-speed-driver-46649719

How on earth do they not have enough evidence to nail this bastard?!

He drove his car intentionally down a pedestrian street with weapons inside it.
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2017 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Agreed, but by the very same token these people who are committing these attacks, like many others who practice their religion, are going against their own system of beliefs and those that follow it more accurately are the ones being tarred.

Also lads, it is 'notably' and 'Sweden'. Thumbs Up

One of the most difficult aspects of religion is the interpretation. In many cases, those who carry out these acts are acting in line with the code of beliefs which has suffered from bastardised interpretation, or a literal translation, which gives rise to religious practices such as the snake handlers in Appalachia. Strictly, they are not going against their system of beliefs, but they are certainly dissenting from the mainstream interpretation. 
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2017 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

https://www.google.ie/amp/abcnews.go.com/amp/International/wireStory/terror-charges-dropped-belgium-high-speed-driver-46649719

I think its the terror element they cant prove. As mad as it sounds, he would have had to kill people for that part.
Having a petrol can in your car isn't particularly unusual.
Knives and a shotgun are explainable as well unless you actually use them to hurt people.
I know plenty of lads that go shooting who would have knives and shotguns in their cars and they aren't jihadists.

Then all he has to say is he got lost and that's how he ended up down the pedestrian street.
The best they are left with then is dangerous driving.

I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2017 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by Bitored Bitored wrote:

I think its the terror element they cant prove. As mad as it sounds, he would have had to kill people for that part.
Knives and a shotgun are explainable as well unless you actually use them to hurt people.
I know plenty of lads that go shooting who would have knives and shotguns in their cars and they aren't jihadists.

Then all he has to say is he got lost and that's how he ended up down the pedestrian street.

But surely there's cctv of not just dangerous driving but actual intent to aim for people. You'd think they could get him on intent?
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2017 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Agreed, but by the very same token these people who are committing these attacks, like many others who practice their religion, are going against their own system of beliefs and those that follow it more accurately are the ones being tarred.

Also lads, it is 'notably' and 'Sweden'. Thumbs Up

One of the most difficult aspects of religion is the interpretation. In many cases, those who carry out these acts are acting in line with the code of beliefs which has suffered from bastardised interpretation, or a literal translation, which gives rise to religious practices such as the snake handlers in Appalachia. Strictly, they are not going against their system of beliefs, but they are certainly dissenting from the mainstream interpretation. 
Islam started out as a schism from Christianity so both have plenty of similarities.
One of the main issues with Islam is there is no head of the religion.
If your a Muslim your local Imam is teacher, priest, pope and religious lawyer all rolled into one.
So if the local Imam is a head case, he has infallibility and unlimited access to impressionable children and adults, its a recipe for disaster.  
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2017 at 1:41pm
Christianity has had many, many splits, which hardly register, and allows for utter head cases (eg Fred Phelps) to run Churches which are based off out downright hate, and repugnant views. This would certainly validate the point that without centralised authority, the dissent from the 'moderate' interpretation can be a recipe for extremism. And that is within any religion. 
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2017 at 1:42pm

But surely there's cctv of not just dangerous driving but actual intent to aim for people. You'd think they could get him on intent?
But if he said he was dazed or confused and that's why he nearly hit people, how do they prove he was a terrorist?
Short of him killing and maiming and running around shouting Allah Akbar, its very difficult to prove a lone wolf is a terrorist.

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2017 at 2:00pm

But if he said he was dazed or confused and that's why he nearly hit people, how do they prove he was a terrorist?
Short of him killing and maiming and running around shouting Allah Akbar, its very difficult to prove a lone wolf is a terrorist.

Yah it's a good point. It's one of these things where the authorities know a lot more than they can prove.

It also shows that the Belgian authorities aren't taking a double standard approach to a caucasion driving down a pedestrian and an person of Arabic descent. If there's no proof there's no proof and as you said it's very difficult to prosecute lone wolves.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 8:38pm
News alert on the phone that a copper killed in a 'SUSPECTED' terror attack in Paris
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 8:59pm
Reuters saying also a possibility it's an Armed Robbery gone wrong
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 9:13pm
The culprit had an AK47 and it was at the Champs Elysees. Terrible place to commit an armed robbery, not exactly the correct gun either. Although if you had an Ak47 and wanted to commit an act of terror in a large city, killing 1 policeman and injuring another seems ridiculously tame. Unless the Police were very quick to react and it just turned out to be a shootout

Edited by Landon Donovan - 20 Apr 2017 at 9:15pm
GUFC_Andy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUFC_Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 9:15pm
Armed robbery would ya ever stop

There's been more shots fired in last few seconds near Champs Élysée

Edited by GUFC_Andy - 20 Apr 2017 at 9:15pm
Don't ban me for no reason, please.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 9:17pm
Originally posted by GUFC_Andy GUFC_Andy wrote:

What's wrong Andy wouldn't fit your narrative ? Attack on Dortmund last week didn't have anything to do with Islam in the end still didn't stop certain people jizzing themselves.
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

GUFC_Andy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUFC_Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 9:22pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

What's wrong Andy wouldn't fit your narrative ? Attack on Dortmund last week didn't have anything to do with Islam in the end still didn't stop certain people jizzing themselves.
you say the exact same thing after every TERRORIST attack bud. "Doesn't fit your narrative". Come up with something new
Don't ban me for no reason, please.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 9:24pm

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

you say the exact same thing after every TERRORIST attack bud. "Doesn't fit your narrative". Come up with something new

Great comeback. You keep reading the Daily Heil like a good lad

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 9:31pm
2 Cops and the suspect shot dead now.

Why lads cant hold their piss and wait until the people actually investigating it can confirm what it is before they shout their gobs off amazes me.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 9:34pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

2 Cops and the suspect shot dead now.

Why lads cant hold their piss and wait until the people actually investigating it can confirm what it is before they shout their gobs off amazes me.

Because it doesn't fit their pre conceived narrative. Attack on Dortmund last week prime example. Poster in the Dortmund thread made remarks about "Islam ruining the Champions League" now seems to be far right extremists that carried it out

Edited by Denis Irwin - 20 Apr 2017 at 9:35pm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 122123124125126 162>
  Share Topic