You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Terrorist attacks

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 121122123124125 162>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2017 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by GUFC_Andy GUFC_Andy wrote:

Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Originally posted by GUFC_Andy GUFC_Andy wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Truck after driving into pedestrians in Stockholm. 3 dead so far. Suspected Terrorist attack according to Swedish Police. Alt Right fùckwits wiil be w**king themselves silly

Is this the standard response to every terrorist attack now?
How about criticising the perpetrators instead of some people on the internet with right wing views?

He doesn't want to criticise the perpetrators incase he'll be deemed "racist"

You on the other hand have absolutely no problem tarring every Muslim as being guilty for the actions of nutcases, because you actually are a racist.

Europe has way, way, way more to fear from stupid fookwits like you than from terrorism.
Islam isn't a race, sid
Technically speaking there are no 'races', races were created by colonialists to make their rape and plunder acceptable, however the term 'race' is now used by anthropologists to divide the 4 characteristically different groups; Caucasian, Asian,African/black and Australoid and there are 30 or so sub-groups from those.
By the same token racism has come to mean all sorts of bigotry, xenophobia and discrimination, not just that connected to anthropological divisions.  Essentially your argument that Islam 'isn't a race' doesn't hold water and is irrelevant and only made by people with very questionable views.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2017 at 4:36pm
Religion though is an inherently different concept, most notibly the ability to opt in and to opt out of a faith or code of beliefs. I agree that it is utilised to tar people with the same brush, but religion and faith is a standalone concept.
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2017 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Truck after driving into pedestrians in Stockholm. 3 dead so far. Suspected Terrorist attack according to Swedish Police. Alt Right fùckwits wiil be w**king themselves silly

Is this the standard response to every terrorist attack now?
How about criticising the perpetrators instead of some people on the internet with right wing views?

That and "how come nobody was this upset when <insert terror attack in sh*thole country>".
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2017 at 4:38pm
What governments need to do better is weed out those Imams or individuals who are grooming these loo laas and throw them into the insane asylum. They cannot use airstrikes by the coalition as an excuse in Stockholm considering Swedan has been to the forefront in taking in refugees and Asylum seekers. Lets be honest here you can't keep everybody happy. Swedan might be colder and have more structure and rules than countries in Africa and parts of the middle east but it's a damn sight safer. If you have a problem with that move elsewhere, don't groom some dimwit to drive a lorry into innocent civilians. FFS like!
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Steve1983 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve1983 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2017 at 4:42pm
Islam is a set of ideas.  A totalitarian, violent set of ideas with the end goal of global domination.  It's written in their little handbook, aka the Quran.  It's not racist to say that, I also believe that a majority of Muslims don't hold extreme views.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2017 at 4:46pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Religion though is an inherently different concept, most notibly the ability to opt in and to opt out of a faith or code of beliefs. I agree that it is utilised to tar people with the same brush, but religion and faith is a standalone concept.
Agreed, but by the very same token these people who are committing these attacks, like many others who practice their religion, are going against their own system of beliefs and those that follow it more accurately are the ones being tarred.

Also lads, it is 'notably' and 'Sweden'. Thumbs Up
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2017 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

What governments need to do better is weed out those Imams or individuals who are grooming these loo laas and throw them into the insane asylum. They cannot use airstrikes by the coalition as an excuse in Stockholm considering Swedan has been to the forefront in taking in refugees and Asylum seekers. Lets be honest here you can't keep everybody happy. Swedan might be colder and have more structure and rules than countries in Africa and parts of the middle east but it's a damn sight safer. If you have a problem with that move elsewhere, don't groom some dimwit to drive a lorry into innocent civilians. FFS like!

Similarly, though, architecture has a part to play as well.

Pedestrianised streets and areas should have rigid barriers and bollards to stop trucks and cars entering them, especially at speed.

It's not difficult. Hell, Arsenal did it when they designed the Emirates, and that was before this sort of attack was a thing. It shouldn't be difficult to install a little bit of street furniture that doesn't inconvenience people much (not pedestrians, anyway) and is an obvious impediment to terrorists.

Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2017 at 4:58pm

The Imam in Blanchardstown was warning Enda Kenny about the need to regulate Islamic education in Ireland from extremists (Clonskeagh). Kenny just fobbed him off, religious freedom blah blah blah.
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2017 at 5:02pm
Ah jaysus SD you can't be blaming the lack of bollards for what some loolaa does!
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2017 at 5:04pm

Ah jaysus SD you can't be blaming the lack of bollards for what some loolaa does!
Where did he do that?
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2017 at 5:04pm

I'm not.

I'm just saying, design can help prevent the worst of these sort of atrocities.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2017 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by Steve1983 Steve1983 wrote:

Islam is a set of ideas.  A totalitarian, violent set of ideas with the end goal of global domination.  It's written in their little handbook, aka the Quran.  It's not racist to say that, I also believe that a majority of Muslims don't hold extreme views.
I suggest you read it.
Steve1983 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve1983 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2017 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I suggest you read it.
I have, it's filled with verses that incite violence, intolerance and conquest.  
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2017 at 6:05pm

You would be surprised on how many have extreme views
http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/apr/11/british-muslims-strong-sense-of-belonging-poll-homosexuality-sharia-law

That's just Britain. Imagine what it's like in Saudi Arabia, Pakistan or Bangladesh.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2017 at 6:42pm
Originally posted by Landon Donovan Landon Donovan wrote:

You would be surprised on how many have extreme views
http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/apr/11/british-muslims-strong-sense-of-belonging-poll-homosexuality-sharia-law

That's just Britain. Imagine what it's like in Saudi Arabia, Pakistan or Bangladesh.

That would be Saudi Arabia who the US and UK sells arms to, in fact the USA sold over a billion dollars worth of arms just last September, a country whose strategic relationship was 'reaffirmed' within days of Trump's inauguration. It is one of the most evil regimes in the world, but when the head of this regime died you had the 'leaders of the free world' falling over themselves to mourn at his funeral.

As for the link provided, while those results were disturbing it is only a small sample that was taken which leaves me to be dubious, especially about where they were taken. If, as I would assume, the people were met outside Mosques and cultural centres then I would imagine the figure would be higher . I am aware that it says the survey was carried out at homes, I am just curious to where was the first point of interface. I would imagine the numbers are different for those who are 'culturally' Muslim as opposed to practising. Likewise, I would imagine the difference in response between age groups would be
very different, something that isn't factored in.
I honestly believe that if you asked a 1000 regular mass-goers in Ireland, or hypocrites, to give them their correct title, the same question that the answer wouldn't be far off.
Steve1983 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve1983 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2017 at 7:10pm
We will soon see an attack of this nature in Ireland, it's only a matter of time.  Sweden's done nothing wrong in terms of foreign policy, these attacks are happening because Swedes are infidels.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2017 at 9:23pm
That film East is East was deemed a comedy but it's social commentary was excellent. The whole point about identity of the Pakistani born father and British born sons and how it ends. An absolute fantastic film.

Young Muslims being radicalised is a problem and needs to be dealt with at grassroots but this ISIS (apolitical) internet inspired death cult atrocities seem to be carried out by people with no extremist background, some minor criminal past that drink alcohol and take drugs. They just decide to radicalize themselves without assistance from an outside party.

How can you monitor and prevent someone from simply using a car or hijacking a truck to ram into pedestrians? These lone wolf random attacks from persons with no previous background are impossible to prevent. They can only be responded too and stopped as they're happening and by then the terrorist has achieved his goal of carrying out the act and getting worldwide attention.

The coordinated attacks are easier to intercept as there's more people involved and it's planned over several weeks/,months but Abdeslam who was caught after the Paris attacks was a barman and I think there was photos of him boozing and dancing in some niteclub in Brussels in the February before the attacks.Again its a very short timeframe to identify someone in his category.

There really isn't any solution to preventing lone wolf attacks and there'll always be coordinated attacks that slip the net. Better chance if stopping people with previous links but not some coked up scumbag who decided to take his rage out on innocent people which ended up killing 3 Irish people on a beach in Tunisia.

Edited by irishmufc - 07 Apr 2017 at 9:28pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2017 at 11:20pm
Islam is stupid, it's like 1940s Catholism. We don't need either. We need more Jedis.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 121122123124125 162>
  Share Topic