Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Daryl Horgan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4849505152 59>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2018 at 2:42pm
I think 'great' is stretching it, he was decent and worked hard. Celtic were brutal. 
Sponsored Links

kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 8:37am
Didn't see the game. Where exactly is he playing for Hibs? Livescore has him as a deep lying midfielder. 
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 10:02am
Livescore/Flashscore are usually wrong.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 10:05am
he was an inch away from scoring to put hibs 3-0 up. great breakaway and a fantastic cross but horgan was just a toe away from finishing it off. great move from hibs, he was so close.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 10:10am

I thought Horgan was very good. He was busy and out hustled an admittedly poor Celtic midfield. He used the ball generally quite well when he got it. He was in a central role and got forward too. He is obviously fairly versatile as I've seen him play on either wing. Hibs looks like it's been a decent move so far. 

El Puto Amo
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 10:15am
He very rarely starts for Hibs.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 10:26am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

He very rarely starts for Hibs.

If the stats are right then he's not doing too badly Horsey

El Puto Amo
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 10:48am
The first game I looked at - which was the previous game against Hamilton he was on the bench.

https://us.soccerway.com/matches/2018/12/08/scotland/premier-league/hamilton-academicals-fc/hibernian-football-club/2796376/

and then the game against Kilmarnock too

https://us.soccerway.com/matches/2018/12/01/scotland/premier- league/kilmarnock-fc/hibernian-football-club/2796364/

To be honest it was just an observation in that he seemed at least to me, to be playing from the bench.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 10:54am
hes in and out but would play a part in pretty much every game. yesterdays good display will do him no harm. hes doing ok there. hibs form had dipped after a good start,
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 12:34pm
started five games in a row earlier in the season, but has been in the starting XI and starting on the bench in alternate games since then: http://irish-abroad.appspot.com/ClubDetails?clubID=1227&seasonID=148
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 8:54pm
Daryl substituted at half time against Rangers tonight.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Scissors Kick View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 10:30pm
He opted to shoot just before half time, when he had a two players outside him in a breakaway, who would have been in one on one with a simple pass. He had to pass, but he pulled a weak shot wide instead and that was that for him for the evening. 
Guf10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
...fond of the jar.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guf10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 10:35pm
Nowhere near good enough for the Ireland squad at the moment. Thought he was quite poor when he came on against Poland back in September and seems he is having an average season with Hibs.

Better players out there at the moment.
2 in a row, 2 in a row, 2 in a row

Pauldaly1984 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauldaly1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2018 at 10:30am
nowhere near international level and never will be. All the lads clamouring for the likes of Horgan , Towell etc to be called up and they just aren’t at the level. Maguire might turn out to be ok but in general standout players in league of Ireland still need to be tested at a much higher level before we know if they are up to it 
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2018 at 11:47am

Remember the calls on here to get him starting because Kevin Kilbane said he was better than Aiden McGeady

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2018 at 11:51am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Remember the calls on here to get him starting because Kevin Kilbane said he was better than Aiden McGeady

LOL
A bit like saying you’re a bit more cleaner than a fresh stick of turd
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2018 at 12:19pm
I'm gonna say that he'll end up with 20+ caps 
El Puto Amo
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2018 at 12:21pm
Snapbacks maybe.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4849505152 59>
  Share Topic