FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Daryl Horgan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5556575859>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2016 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

Originally posted by Bitored Bitored wrote:

they should give him a lump sum to sign, easily worth 1m

People like you nearly bankrupted the league a few years back!
difference between giving a jumped up journey man 2 grand a week to a guy who you are guaranteed to see a return on. He has produced in europe. Worth very bare minimum 1m. But l guess the prudent thing to do is let him go for nothing . they have the financial clout to turn down derisory offers too. How do you think clubs in small european leagues operate ffs. the league has been run by morons who were happy to let players go for a pittance and no doubt a little for themselves on the side. Clubs in denmark geting a minimum of 5 or 6 million of plaeyrs that are no better

And what happens if he smashes his leg soon after giving him the cash? Or he suddenly loses the appetite to push himself further?* Or any other reason a player's worth might drop. It would be beyond lunacy for Dundalk to do this.

*It appears he is a level headed lad, from what I have heard and read, making this unlikely, before anybody feels the need to point this out.
so no league of Ireland player ever should sign a contract beyond 40 weeks... Missing my point, he will be gone either way, get a few quid for him. I'm not talking of fecking handing him a 100 grand a week 5 year contact ffs. You have to speculate to accumulate.
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
Sponsored Links

Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2016 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

difference between giving a jumped up journey man 2 grand a week to a guy who you are guaranteed to see a return on. He has produced in europe. Worth very bare minimum 1m. But l guess the prudent thing to do is let him go for nothing . they have the financial clout to turn down derisory offers too. How do you think clubs in small european leagues operate ffs. the league has been run by morons who were happy to let players go for a pittance and no doubt a little for themselves on the side. Clubs in denmark geting a minimum of 5 or 6 million of plaeyrs that are no better

Turn down what offers though? He can leave for free, nobody has to offer us anything
sort of my whole point on why to get him to sign

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
liam_in_germany View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liam_in_germany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2016 at 6:42pm
Would be stunned if he wasnt off to england when his contract is up. Great player. Best player on the pitch last night by a mile
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2016 at 6:36pm

Turn down what offers though? He can leave for free, nobody has to offer us anything

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2016 at 5:22pm

And what happens if he smashes his leg soon after giving him the cash? Or he suddenly loses the appetite to push himself further?* Or any other reason a player's worth might drop. It would be beyond lunacy for Dundalk to do this.

*It appears he is a level headed lad, from what I have heard and read, making this unlikely, before anybody feels the need to point this out.
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2016 at 5:00pm

Edited by Citizen - 30 Sep 2016 at 5:04pm

Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2016 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by AnCearrbhach AnCearrbhach wrote:

That's my point by forcing clubs to pay for your services you know they'll take you more seriously on arrival. Doesn't really make sense that he was turning down clubs at the bottom of the Championship and League One to go to Brighton when this happens hours later. I'm sure he's happy with the wage packet but surely he wants to be playing ball. Hopefully Horgan doesn't make the same mistake, what a difference it would make if he hadn't left Sligo Rovers

Fixed this for you
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2016 at 4:44pm

I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2016 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by OnTheOneRoad OnTheOneRoad wrote:

Originally posted by Luis Amor Rodriguez Luis Amor Rodriguez wrote:

Cheers. 

That's a kick in the gonads.  A fee for him would well have eclipsed the amounts they're now getting from UEFA.

It's a no-brainer for an English club now.  At least it gives the player a bit more bargaining power about where he goes.   

Sometimes I feel players are better off having the club pay a decent fee for them as they become more of an asset then. Would Towell be in a better position had Brighton paid 800k for him? I'd argue he would. 

Don't know about that, but they probably wouldn't have spent 800k only to never play him and buy new players in his position the next day

That's my point by forcing clubs to pay for your services you know they'll take you more seriously on arrival. Doesn't really make sense that he was turning down clubs at the bottom of the Championship and League One to go to Brighton when this happens hours later. I'm sure he's happy with the wage packet but surely he wants to be playing ball. Hopefully Horgan doesn't make the same mistake, what a difference it would make if he hadn't left City. 
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2016 at 3:09pm

OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2016 at 2:15pm

Cheers. 

That's a kick in the gonads.  A fee for him would well have eclipsed the amounts they're now getting from UEFA.

It's a no-brainer for an English club now.  At least it gives the player a bit more bargaining power about where he goes.   

Sometimes I feel players are better off having the club pay a decent fee for them as they become more of an asset then. Would Towell be in a better position had Brighton paid 800k for him? I'd argue he would. 

Don't know about that, but they probably wouldn't have spent 800k only to never play him and buy new players in his position the next day
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2016 at 12:54pm

Cheers. 

He's free to leave as his contract expires at end of season, also as hes over the age of 23 there will be no development fee.

Obviously the club have a bit of money to offer him an improved deal and the lure of European football again, but still won't be able to compete with the money across the water.

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2016 at 12:52pm

Cheers. 

Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2016 at 12:36pm
Cheers. 

Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2016 at 12:28pm

Forgive my ignorance, but what's the issue with Dundalk not getting a transfer fee?  Do they not hold his registration or is it the case that they're all on short-term contracts? 

Would be rough if he left for nothing.

Short term contracts, most players like Daryl wouldn't sign for more than 40-weeks even if they were offered. Most of the lads signing multi-year are good LOI lads that are unlikely to move on. 
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2016 at 12:22pm
Forgive my ignorance, but what's the issue with Dundalk not getting a transfer fee?  Do they not hold his registration or is it the case that they're all on short-term contracts? 

Would be rough if he left for nothing.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2016 at 12:09pm
After last night's win over the Israelis, it's safe to say Horgan will be plying his trade in England by the end of January.

Apparently MO'N was at the game.

Doyler1993 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doyler1993 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2016 at 11:28pm
Originally posted by OnTheOneRoad OnTheOneRoad wrote:

His move (which he surely must get in January) is absolutely crucial that he gets the right one. To see him waste away on a bench like Towell has done would be criminal

Dont think what happened towell will happen to horgan. Horgan is more naturally gifted which will give him an advantage when stepping up to a higher quality league, whereas towell is more manufactured type player and would have to work a lot harder to reach a higher standard. 

It's a shame how dundalk will get nothing for him as he easily could be the first €1 million euro player from loi if he was on a proper contract. 

Edited by Doyler1993 - 23 Sep 2016 at 11:30pm
IT’S NO USE BOILING YOUR CABBAGE TWICE
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5556575859>
  Share Topic