Scotland vs Poland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Steve Amsterdam View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2015 at 9:04pm
f**k f**k f**k f**k!!!!!!
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!
Sponsored Links

Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2015 at 8:49pm
Naismith has missed a sitter
Irish Times Fantasy 6 Nations

League Name: YBIG League
Password: YBIG
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2015 at 8:38pm
Watching this on the laptop as well as Ire.......very tight game (a bit surprised at how ordinary Poland look, they certainly don't look better than Scotland at all)
Guest View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2015 at 8:33pm
Sum goal Clap
MasterOfApples View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MasterOfApples Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2015 at 8:32pm
Damn, Scots 1-1 now. Cracking strike from Ritchie. 
Craven Cottage, by the river ...
Guest View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2015 at 7:56pm
Originally posted by gazurtoids gazurtoids wrote:

Lewe looked well offside but who care

Looked level to me
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2015 at 7:52pm
Get in
Guest View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2015 at 7:50pm
Sco 0 - 1 Pol
gazurtoids View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2015 at 7:50pm
1 up the Poles in 2 mins....Lewe looked well offside but who care
Guest View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2015 at 7:42pm
If anyone is interested you can watch the match here:http://www.sportcategory.com/c-1.html

Edited by Guest - 08 Oct 2015 at 7:49pm
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2015 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by valo88 valo88 wrote:

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

No but realistically, we know there's a very good chance we could lose in Warsaw even if Poland and Scotland draw. Most people don't see us winning in Warsaw if we have to so the logical aim is for Scotland to be put out of contention altogether tomorrow.

It might be unambitious but it's probably the best realistic outcome we could get tbh.

I just done see the logic in that, if we get a playoff its going to be against even more superior opposition than Poland.

We're currently looking at facing Holland/Turkey, Croatia, Russia/Sweden.. I wouldnt be confident of beating any of those over 2 legs.

Our best chance right now is to go and beat Poland if they fail to beat Scotland.

Sweden would be the best of a bad lot.
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2015 at 11:17am
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34466682
Pretty decent article on the polish strengths for tonight. Seems they have some very good players in good form to so heres hoping they can do the business.
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2015 at 10:28am
Originally posted by DangerHere DangerHere wrote:

Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

THIS!! If we are ever gonna beat Germany then it will be tonight. Their form (aswell as ours) has been erratic for the whole campaign. Germany only need a draw. Someone else mentioned that if we can frustrate them for 60-70 minutes (like we did in Germany) then they will ease back and try and contain us to get their draw...if we can go at them properly then (like we did in germany) then who knows
Like say against Italy at Croker.

And they scored within 20 seconds of us going in front.

The Germans will get want they need/want tonight.

It's what Germans do !!!

I agree to an extent. They certainly have the talent to control the game. However I doubt they wanted Scotland to equalise twice, I doubt they wanted us to equalise in Germany, I doubt the wanted to lose 2-0 to Poland
Agreed ..... but that was early in the campaign.
We are at the business end of things now.

True, but that could also work to our advantage. Germany really only need 1 point from their last 2 games (i think), and they are probably relatively safe in the knowledge that they will get 3 points against Georgia. Obviously they will want to get it sewn up sooner but again who knows...

Yes, it shouldn't be overlooked that they only need a draw tonight. It remains to be seen how fired up they will be for these two October games or if they are subconsciously thinking it's 'job done' already. My guess is they'll go for it for the first 70 minutes tonight, but if the score is still level at that point, they may not be too pushed.
DangerHere View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DangerHere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2015 at 10:24am

THIS!! If we are ever gonna beat Germany then it will be tonight. Their form (aswell as ours) has been erratic for the whole campaign. Germany only need a draw. Someone else mentioned that if we can frustrate them for 60-70 minutes (like we did in Germany) then they will ease back and try and contain us to get their draw...if we can go at them properly then (like we did in germany) then who knows

It's what Germans do !!!

I agree to an extent. They certainly have the talent to control the game. However I doubt they wanted Scotland to equalise twice, I doubt they wanted us to equalise in Germany, I doubt the wanted to lose 2-0 to Poland

True, but that could also work to our advantage. Germany really only need 1 point from their last 2 games (i think), and they are probably relatively safe in the knowledge that they will get 3 points against Georgia. Obviously they will want to get it sewn up sooner but again who knows...
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2015 at 10:22am

It's what Germans do !!!

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DangerHere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2015 at 10:18am

It's what Germans do !!!

Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2015 at 10:16am

It's what Germans do !!!

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DangerHere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2015 at 10:11am
Just a pity we are missing so many. Whelan, Clarke and Wilson particulary. Would also have been nice to have McClean's passion and drive to run at them when all hope seems lost.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 12>
  Share Topic