You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Get your nicks and socks on! : Junior & Intermediate Football
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FAI Junior cup

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 13>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 11:08am
Evergreen knocked us out of the FAI Junior yesterday. We lost 3-1. Can't have too many complaints, we weren't at our best and they were certainly the better side. I was very impressed with them, particularly their centre half and centre forward. They move the ball quickly and play off the front man very well. It will be a good team that beats them. 

El Puto Amo
Sponsored Links

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2019 at 11:13pm
We've Sheriff YC at home in the last 32 of the LFA Junior Cup, Sunday!

Expecting a serious test, but also looking forward to seeing how it goes at the same time.

I heard Bisto Flood is in stunning form too LOL

We lost 4-3 to Hardwicke a few weeks back (they played an ineligble player) so we were awarded the game in the end! Jake Hyland is a class act! For a side without 4/5 lads who normally start and a few fringe players missing, we done pretty well but I know myself Sheriff will be a major step up. 

Still we'll give it a rattle Thumbs Up

MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

We've Sheriff YC at home in the last 32 of the LFA Junior Cup, Sunday!

Expecting a serious test, but also looking forward to seeing how it goes at the same time.

I heard Bisto Flood is in stunning form too LOL

We lost 4-3 to Hardwicke a few weeks back (they played an ineligble player) so we were awarded the game in the end! Jake Hyland is a class act! For a side without 4/5 lads who normally start and a few fringe players missing, we done pretty well but I know myself Sheriff will be a major step up. 

Still we'll give it a rattle Thumbs Up

Played them in the Junior Cup in December. Great occasion for us (Conn Rangers, second tier in Mayo) and massive experience. We have a very young team. We had 5 17 year olds on the pitch that day. Best of luck
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 4:50pm
Question for you in schoolboy thread Marko...
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2019 at 9:10am
Westport into the Quarters after penalties against Peake Villa Clap. Aisling Annacotty in Westport next. Am I right in saying that semi finalists get to play in next year's senior cup? 
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2019 at 9:17am
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

Westport into the Quarters after penalties against Peake Villa Clap. Aisling Annacotty in Westport next. Am I right in saying that semi finalists get to play in next year's senior cup? 

You are correct. So you should be preparing for a European campaign in the 2020/2021 season
El Puto Amo
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2019 at 9:34am
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

You are correct. So you should be preparing for a European campaign in the 2020/2021 season

Fantastic Clap

Obviously go and win the Europa League that season and then it's Champions League football the following season LOL
Bo Jackson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2019 at 1:26pm

Fantastic Clap

Obviously go and win the Europa League that season and then it's Champions League football the following season LOL

Will there be pressure from locals resisting the inevitable switch to McHale Park when the big teams roll in?
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2019 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by Bo Jackson Bo Jackson wrote:

Fantastic Clap

Will there be pressure from locals resisting the inevitable switch to McHale Park when the big teams roll in?

Westport or nowhere!
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 12:21pm
Sheriff got beat in Limerick yesterday. 2-0 up going into injury time, lost 3-2 aet
Some people just deserve a slap
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 9:55am
Originally posted by Croftman Croftman wrote:

Sheriff got beat in Limerick yesterday. 2-0 up going into injury time, lost 3-2 aet
See they've appealed this based on an ineligible player & think Westport have appealed they're game too
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 11:07am
Yeah Westport have appealed. 
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 11:14am

Yeah Westport have appealed. 
Heard the player in question was banned alright but was clear to play in the FAI Junior Cup?
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 11:27am
Any idea where Westport got their info from the_walls?? few rumours around the town here they were contacted by a limerick club who contacted them. Your man from Aisling was sent off in a league game and I thought the rule was that the suspension was served in whatever competition they were sent off in, do Westport know something more?
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 12:15pm
I though a suspension was a suspension across all junior comps to be honest.
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

Any idea where Westport got their info from the_walls?? few rumours around the town here they were contacted by a limerick club who contacted them. Your man from Aisling was sent off in a league game and I thought the rule was that the suspension was served in whatever competition they were sent off in, do Westport know something more?

I've no idea to be honest. Just heard from one of the lads at home that there was an appeal and nothing more. The year we won it we lost on penalties to Carew Park in the semis and the game was replayed due to them having an ineligible player. There seems to be appeals every year. You would think if there was any doubt whatsoever as to whether a player was eligible or not that the club in question would look for clarification beforehand. 
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 10:10pm
Sherriff appeal was successful, Westport appeal dismissed. Aisling v Sherriff in the semi. 
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 9:48am
Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

Sherriff appeal was successful, Westport appeal dismissed. Aisling v Sherriff in the semi. 
Regional will surely appeal again or are they fooked?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 13>
  Share Topic