You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GAA FOOTBALL 2016/2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 131132133134135 163>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2016 at 8:28pm
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

And for the life of meI really cant understand why they do. It makes no sense to me.

Even if I was to agree with all of what you are saying adjectives like puerile and pathetic to describe the situation is ridiculous hyperbole. Now what I have heard of the reaction of some Dublin fans to the presence of Mayo fans on the Hill, that was pathetic. Now just to make clear, I am sure that was only a small minority

Its certainly not hyperbole if you agree, and its certainly not hyperbole when you don't.

It is my contention that there was a puerile, babyish.."they have it, and i want it" mentality. I defy you to tell me that didn't play a role in it.
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2016 at 8:37pm
Sure I've already said there was definitely an element of "sticking it to the Dubs". So bloody what. Why we wouldnt we try and get under the Dubs skin and gain an advantage, no matter how small?Puerile, pathetic? Absolutely not and that's why its hyperbole. The reasons I outlined were certainly major factors in why half the Hill was Mayo and shock horror, we had half the hill against Donegal in 2012 too.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2016 at 8:39pm
Absolutely every county should take their dull allocation formthe hill, why surrender the noisiest end to another team, madness.
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2016 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Absolutely every county should take their dull allocation formthe hill, why surrender the noisiest end to another team, madness.

Exactly Sham

It makes no sense at all to me
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2016 at 9:04pm
Dont take our Hill,
Our big coke filled Hill,
I just dont think you understand,
Its where we drink our beer
And fill our veins with gear,
Please ......dont take our Hill
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2016 at 9:12pm
Pretty selfish of Mayo fans taking Hill tickets if you ask me. It has the knock on effect of dispersing a load of Dublin fans elsewhere in Croke Park meaning instead of needing to just parade Sam in front of one end of the ground at the end, the Dublin players have to do a lap of the whole pitch. 

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2016 at 9:17pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Pretty selfish of Mayo fans taking Hill tickets if you ask me. It has the knock on effect of dispersing a load of Dublin fans elsewhere in Croke Park meaning instead of needing to just parade Sam in front of one end of the ground at the end, the Dublin players have to do a lap of the whole pitch. 

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2016 at 9:20pm
Bizarre argument! Why should any county have the full terrace? Fair play to Mayo for having a pair of bollocks. It is a neutral venue Ffs!
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2016 at 9:31pm
All jokes aside, used to love going to Croker in the at 80s and early 90s where you would be on the hill and the likes of Meath/Cork/Donegal etc would have the Canal End (the stands being mixed). Think it added to the atmosphere.

sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2016 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

It was absolutely directed towards Mayo fans. That day has gone down in infamy. Fans abandoned the team that day. Was f**king horrible.
It strongly looked like it was directed at the Dublin fans. He wouldn't be the first to wind up the Hill. 

Dinny Allen did it to the Hill in the '83 semi-final, Gregory McCartan did it when Down won in '94, Eoin Mulligan did it in '05. 

Own it. 

Needle is good. 

John Mullane giving the two fingers to the Cork fans at the Munster hurling final in '03 made me like him all the more. There isn't enough of that stuff. 

The Hill secretly loves Kieran Donaghy. Players like that make the game.

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2016 at 11:50pm

Sure I've already said there was definitely an element of "sticking it to the Dubs". So bloody what. Why we wouldnt we try and get under the Dubs skin and gain an advantage, no matter how small?Puerile, pathetic? Absolutely not and that's why its hyperbole. The reasons I outlined were certainly major factors in why half the Hill was Mayo and shock horror, we had half the hill against Donegal in 2012 too.

The fact that you had half against Donegal is irrelevant.

At least you admit that there is an element of "sticking it..". Ultimately, I happen to believe that is the primary basis for not swapping the tickets.
SuperDub View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2016 at 11:59pm
If a county wants to take up there hill 16 allocation best of look to them we have no divine right to the hill. One bit if advise to supporters who don't normally watch games from the hill is to enter the terrace block A beside the cusack stand as it has the best view. Personally I wouldn't stand behind the goal.

My memories of been on the hill for the final in 2013 is the incredible support the Mayo supporters gave there minor team that day but what I was surprised at was how some were subdued come the senior game and the the Mayo seniors didn't get the same level of support as the minors did.

Edited by SuperDub - 10 Sep 2016 at 12:05am
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2016 at 8:12am
Originally posted by SuperDub SuperDub wrote:

If a county wants to take up there hill 16 allocation best of look to them we have no divine right to the hill. One bit if advise to supporters who don't normally watch games from the hill is to enter the terrace block A beside the cusack stand as it has the best view. Personally I wouldn't stand behind the goal.

My memories of been on the hill for the final in 2013 is the incredible support the Mayo supporters gave there minor team that day but what I was surprised at was how some were subdued come the senior game and the the Mayo seniors didn't get the same level of support as the minors did.

Fair comment. I thought the support was great up until Dublin's first goal and after that we went pretty quiet. There can be a big nervousness amongst Mayo fans when things start to go against us, particularly on All Ireland Final day and that can sometimes spill over onto the pitch and it really is something we have to try and avoid this year and get behind the team no matter what is happening on the pitch. Having said that things like that aren't unique to Mayo. I was on the Hill for the Dublin Kerry game (sorry Het-Field) and when Kerry were in the process of going 3 points in the second half there was some very worried and very quiet Dublin fans around me. Only when Dublin equalised did the place explode into life again.
Trigboy 10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2016 at 8:59am

Fair comment. I thought the support was great up until Dublin's first goal and after that we went pretty quiet. There can be a big nervousness amongst Mayo fans when things start to go against us, particularly on All Ireland Final day and that can sometimes spill over onto the pitch and it really is something we have to try and avoid this year and get behind the team no matter what is happening on the pitch. Having said that things like that aren't unique to Mayo. I was on the Hill for the Dublin Kerry game (sorry Het-Field) and when Kerry were in the process of going 3 points in the second half there was some very worried and very quiet Dublin fans around me. Only when Dublin equalised did the place explode into life again.
what were you doing on the hill that day were you on a spying mission haha! Your right though Hill 16 is for everyone can never understand some Dublin fans who don't think anyone else should be allowed on, also as you say big difference between €40 and €80 for a ticket! Someone mentioned Dublin fans secretly loving Donaghy but he wouldn't even get close probably Graham Gerarthy would win that title or even Ollie Murphy for his finger salute in 1999!

Edited by Trigboy 10 - 10 Sep 2016 at 8:59am
SuperDub View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2016 at 9:11am
Originally posted by Trigboy 10 Trigboy 10 wrote:

what were you doing on the hill that day were you on a spying mission haha! Your right though Hill 16 is for everyone can never understand some Dublin fans who don't think anyone else should be allowed on, also as you say big difference between €40 and €80 for a ticket! Someone mentioned Dublin fans secretly loving Donaghy but he wouldn't even get close probably Graham Gerarthy would win that title or even Ollie Murphy for his finger salute in 1999!

Not to mention Mick Lyons and Tommy Dowd back in the 90'S
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2016 at 10:28am
Got a ticket last minute Trigboy. I had no interest in going if I had to pay full whack.
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2016 at 10:29am
And who changed the signature under my avatar LOL
cm79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Cawhil cattle caaaaal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cm79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2016 at 11:14am
Ah thats terrible

Who would do something like that?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 131132133134135 163>
  Share Topic