Printed Date: 29 Apr 2024 at 11:04am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: GAA FOOTBALL 2016/2017
Posted By: Salzburglilly
Subject: GAA FOOTBALL 2016/2017
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2015 at 6:54pm
Mayo for Sam?

-------------
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!

Replies:
Posted By: eire77
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2015 at 6:56pm
Congratulations to Mayo.

All Ireland Champions......1951

-------------
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get me...

Posted By: DUBLIN DOC
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2015 at 6:56pm
Originally posted by eire77 eire77 wrote:

Congratulations to Mayo.

Ah ffs LOLLOLLOL

-------------
When all is said and done there is nothing left to say or do

Posted By: Jessica Rabbit
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2015 at 7:01pm
Originally posted by Salzburglilly Salzburglilly wrote:

Mayo for Sam?

Would you not give them a chance or are you just being sarcastic?

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2015 at 7:04pm
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Congratulations to Mayo.

Ah ffs LOLLOLLOL

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2015 at 7:06pm
Originally posted by Jessica Rabbit Jessica Rabbit wrote:

Mayo for Sam?

B E L I E V E

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2015 at 7:14pm

Mayo for Sam?

B E L I E V E

But you still haven't answered my question?

Posted By: Green Devil
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2015 at 7:20pm

Mayo for Sam?

B E L I E V E

+1

Or did you just post up Mayo for Sam because a Sunderland fan said it?

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2015 at 7:44pm

Mayo for Sam?

B E L I E V E

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Posted By: MayoMark
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2015 at 7:46pm

A lot to happen here before 2016 kick off. Jessica, if we get our sh*t together, we certainly have the talent and ability to get over the line. But we need to get everything in the background spot on

-------------
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2015 at 9:22pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Mayo for Sam?

B E L I E V E

+1

Or did you just post up Mayo for Sam because a Sunderland fan said it?

LOL   
I  put it up because i believe they will win it,now GD, don't tell me Mayo is one of the 13 counties you are from?

-------------

Posted By: Green Devil
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2015 at 9:29pm

Haha no surprisingly!!

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan

Date Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 11:09am
No big surprises apart from maybe Ulster and 3 of the 4 will be in the semi again.

Leinster-Dublin
Munster-Kerry
Connacht-Mayo
Ulster-Tyrone

Expect the same call for a tier 2 championship when the dubs beat Laois or Offaly by 106 points.
Diarmuid Connolly to be arrested for assaulting a refugee and Marty Morrisey to ride Joe Brollys wife.

-------------

Posted By: Borussia
Date Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 11:12am
I'll be honest, I'm not sure my liver would be able to handle Dublin retaining Sam - Still struggling after Sunday. Back training for a county final tonight : I may actually die ! 

Posted By: kopkid
Date Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 11:15am

No big surprises apart from maybe Ulster and 3 of the 4 will be in the semi again.

Leinster-Dublin
Munster-Kerry
Connacht-Mayo
Ulster-Tyrone

Expect the same call for a tier 2 championship when the dubs beat Laois or Offaly by 106 points.
Diarmuid Connolly to be arrested for assaulting a refugee and Marty Morrisey to ride Joe Brollys wife.

LOL Clap

Posted By: SByrne24
Date Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 11:19am
Mayo for Sam LOL it's laughable now - Their demise will begin, following Donegal. 

Leinster - Dublin 
Connacht - Galway (Big shout) 
Ulster - Tyrone
Munster - Kerry

Expecting Sam to be heading to Strabane and Omagh Town in 2016, back home. Seriously young team with the likes of Donnolly pushing on amongst others Mark Bradley always has a massive year in him. Niall Morgan and Mickey O'Niell will have a huge battle for the right to be our num.1 

-------------
YBIG Resident Pilot

Posted By: ABFC
Date Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 11:40am

Mayo for Sam?

You seem to have zero sense of humour if your posts are anything to go by. Completely devoid of it

Date Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by ABFC ABFC wrote:

Mayo for Sam?

You seem to have zero sense of humour if your posts are anything to go by. Completely devoid of it

I found your private message funny Embarrassed

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 12:24pm

Originally posted by ABFC ABFC wrote:

Mayo for Sam?

I found your private message funny Embarrassed
LOL bit of sniffing going on?

Date Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

A lot to happen here before 2016 kick off. Jessica, if we get our sh*t together, we certainly have the talent and ability to get over the line. But we need to get everything in the background spot on

Mayo folk - saying the same line since 1951, if Carlsberg did chokers... Tongue

-------------
YBIG Resident Pilot

Posted By: the_walls
Date Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 1:31pm
An awful lot can change between now and when the Championship starts but for what it's worth at this stage, here is my predictions for the provincial titles.

Ulster - Tyrone
Leinster - Dublin
Munster - Kerry
Connacht - Mayo

Same story as last year except for Tyrone in Ulster.

Id fancy us to make to the Final next year. Providing Dublin and Kerry win their provincial titles, they will be scheduled to face off in the semis. We would be on Ulster side of the draw and I reckon we have more than enough to get passed Tyrone/Donegal/Monaghan or whoever comes through that quarter final. 

As I say, this would only be very tentative predictions as an awful lot can change between now and the start of the Championship

Date Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 1:38pm
Do you reckon you will loose any of your players to retirement wallsy ?

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 1:42pm
Its hard to know. Alan Dillon and Andy Moran would be the obvious two. Dillon was only a bit part player this year. He has been one of my favourite players over the years but if he isn't going to get much of a look in he may not stick around. I really hope Andy Moran sticks around. I think he still has a huge amount to offer, even if that is being an impact sub.

The only other one would be Keith Higgins but I would be very, very suprised if he called it a day.

They would be the only three that I could think of. We have a good age profile overall

Posted By: sid waddell
Date Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 1:46pm
Under the A/B system, the quarter-finals next year should work out as follows (assuming the Munster final will be on July 3rd, the Connacht final on July 10th and the Leinster and Ulster finals on July 17th):

Connacht champions v Munster runners up (or the team that beats them in qualifier Round 4)
Munster champions v Connacht runners up

Ulster champions v Leinster runners up
Leinster champions v Ulster runners up

Semi-finals:
Connacht v Ulster
Leinster v Munster

A Mayo-Cork quarter-final looks a distinct possibility, as does Dublin v Donegal/Monaghan/Tyrone. 

-------------
Edited by Trigboy 10 at 10:03pm

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 1:46pm
Why do people from every county believe Sam is "coming home to them", surely if it has a home anywhere it is in Kerry

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Date Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 1:48pm
Well because it is home to them and Sam is going home with them I suppose

Date Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 1:48pm
You should be there about's again next year, it's bound to go right at the vital stage sooner rather than later with that squad of players, you will be a bigger threat than Kerry anyway.

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

Well because it is home to them and Sam is going home with them I suppose

It implies belonging, "back home", "coming home" etc.

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Date Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Why do people from every county believe Sam is "coming home to them", surely if it has a home anywhere it is in Kerry

Omagh town. Home. 2016.

Let's get the bandwagon in full flow now, as for Mayo.. Mayo won't beat us next season, i can't see anyone beating us in the championship another year under Mickey and his guidance with the young fellas sure only one way we can go, Mayos day has come and gone. Just like Monaghans and Donegal.. Donegal were great in 2012 we're preparing for 2016 and Monaghan fans need to get back to reality with everything based around Conor McManus

Dublin and Kerry will be our tests next year, fairly confident baring injuries we could do Kerry.. And doing Sam back to back is nearly impossible.

The scum of Ulster

-------------
YBIG Resident Pilot

Date Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 1:54pm

You should be there about's again next year, it's bound to go right at the vital stage sooner rather than later with that squad of players, you will be a bigger threat than Kerry anyway.

Yeah Id put us ahead of Kerry. Now that could quite easily be my Mayo blinkers on clouding my judgement but Id put the top three in order as being Dublin, Mayo, Kerry and those three being a decent bit ahead of the rest. 

Again though, an awful lot can change between now and next year

Date Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 1:55pm
Mayo get far too much respect, we near feel sorry for their lack of winning mentality.

Their defence creaks, an over reliance on O'Shea no doubt they've some cracking players but their lack lusture in defence, their midfield doesn't have much in terms of legs. Good half forward line and a good full forward line but is it better then Kerry's? No
Is there defence better then Kerry's.. No

-------------
YBIG Resident Pilot

Date Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 1:58pm
Right now, after seeing Dublin beat Kerry after playing well within themselves, it is hard to see anyone beat them. I assume they have a better keeper there, Cluxton is the weak link

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 2:02pm

Right now, after seeing Dublin beat Kerry after playing well within themselves, it is hard to see anyone beat them. I assume they have a better keeper there, Cluxton is the weak link

He'll get an All Star, he's also Capfain.... His kick outs Are the best in the country, sh*t stopping goes to Morgan. No way Dublin will drop Cluxton

-------------
YBIG Resident Pilot

Date Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 2:06pm
Spoke to clucko last night and told him he was very average in 2 of the last 3 games, he agreed but he will not be stepping aside but will be ready to fight for his spot if management see fit to go that way Clap

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 2:17pm

Spoke to clucko last night and told him he was very average in 2 of the last 3 games, he agreed but he will not be stepping aside but will be ready to fight for his spot if management see fit to go that way Clap

LOL

I would agree with that but was there really a need to say it to him when he is out on the beer enjoying winning an All Ireland?

I haven't seen an awful lot of Dublin's second string keeper but I reckon Clukton needs to seriously up his game next year. Kerry actually did a good job of pushing up on his kick outs and he made quite a lot of mistakes. He made quite a few mistakes against Mayo. His free taking has gone backwards too. 2011 and 2012 he could hardly miss, now he can barely make a free

Date Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 2:21pm

Clucko

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 2:22pm
How did he get the nickname.

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 2:28pm

LOL

I would agree with that but was there really a need to say it to him when he is out on the beer enjoying winning an All Ireland?

I haven't seen an awful lot of Dublin's second string keeper but I reckon Clukton needs to seriously up his game next year. Kerry actually did a good job of pushing up on his kick outs and he made quite a lot of mistakes. He made quite a few mistakes against Mayo. His free taking has gone backwards too. 2011 and 2012 he could hardly miss, now he can barely make a free
Ah he is a family friend wallsy would not say it otherwise, believe it or not he is a funny guy when around friends and family, some funny stories from the goblet pub and Parnells last night but will leave them for now LOL

-------------

Posted By: ringerbell
Date Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by SByrne24 SByrne24 wrote:

Omagh town. Home. 2016.

Let's get the bandwagon in full flow now, as for Mayo.. Mayo won't beat us next season, i can't see anyone beating us in the championship another year under Mickey and his guidance with the young fellas sure only one way we can go, Mayos day has come and gone. Just like Monaghans and Donegal.. Donegal were great in 2012 we're preparing for 2016 and Monaghan fans need to get back to reality with everything based around Conor McManus

Dublin and Kerry will be our tests next year, fairly confident baring injuries we could do Kerry.. And doing Sam back to back is nearly impossible.

The scum of Ulster

Got to love your optimism haven't appeared in a provincial final since 2010 yet going to win the all Ireland next year.

It's hard to know where we will be next year and will all depend on what young players are brought into the squad and also on how Gallagher uses the older players. I still think several of the players that are touted as possible retirements could do a job for us especially in the role of impact subs etc.

For all the hype you are making about Tyrone I wouldn't mind getting them in the 1st round of Ulster next year.

-------------
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4

Date Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 2:42pm
Don't feed the troll Ringer.

As usual Ulster is hard to call but I do believe that Tyrone have shown enough this year that they could be top dogs in Ulster. I still think Dublin, Mayo and Kerry are a good bit ahead of them and I reckon Donegal would have a better chance of beating one of those three in a one off game than Tyrone, as things stand at the moment. 

Date Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 2:43pm

LOL

Ah he is a family friend wallsy would not say it otherwise, believe it or not he is a funny guy when around friends and family, some funny stories from the goblet pub and Parnells last night but will leave them for now LOL

Thumbs Up

Two of the lads from home used to play with Parnells and would know him and would say the same thing

Posted By: rossieman
Date Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 2:45pm

He'll get an All Star, he's also Capfain.... His kick outs Are the best in the country, sh*t stopping goes to Morgan. No way Dublin will drop Cluxton

I thought that was the defender.

Date Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 2:49pm
All is not well in Mayo. If things are not sorted, and sorted soon, then relegation could be on the cards, followed by giving up our Connacht title. Such a f**king mess.

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 2:53pm
I hear ya Mark and it's easier said than done but the players should be able to maintain focus from any off field distractions

Date Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 2:59pm

As usual Ulster is hard to call but I do believe that Tyrone have shown enough this year that they could be top dogs in Ulster. I still think Dublin, Mayo and Kerry are a good bit ahead of them and I reckon Donegal would have a better chance of beating one of those three in a one off game than Tyrone, as things stand at the moment. 

I think if we bring the right players into the squad next year we be good enough to win ulster again. I be honest don't buy into the hype around tyrone they beat 1 team from division 1 on their run to the semi final this year.

Alot of people will automatically right off donegal after this year (not necessarily you walls) but I know we have the players in the county that can come in and improve the team and it's a matter of Rory Gallagher being willing to leave club loyalties aside and have the best players in the squad and starting 15 and as I said still believe the older players can play a roll as impact squads etc

-------------
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4

Date Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 3:05pm
Not as simple as that wallsy. Runs way deeper. Problems that need solving and fast. Otherwise forget it.

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 3:34pm

Cork and London are the only two places where Sam can "come home". 

Unlikely it'll be returning home in the near future. One team of complete no hopers, and London. 

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 3:37pm

All is not well in Mayo. If things are not sorted, and sorted soon, then relegation could be on the cards, followed by giving up our Connacht title. Such a f**king mess.
When you say sorted, I presume you mean Holmes and Connelly going?

That appears very unlikely. Mayo are just going to have to get on with it with the current management.

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Cork and London are the only two places where Sam can "come home". 

Unlikely it'll be returning home in the near future. One team of complete no hopers, and London. 

Sid 👏

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 3:38pm
Speaking of London, London away next years kicks off our Championship, looking forward to heading over for that Clap

Date Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 3:39pm

Speaking of London, London away next years kicks off our Championship, looking forward to heading over for that Clap

Tough opener for Mayo

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 3:42pm
Well the last time we went there we required extra time back in 2011, as some of the lads constantly remind me AngryLOL

Posted By: Bitored
Date Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 3:46pm
I think Tyrone will take Ulster next year, kerry again in munster and no surprise with Dublin taking Leinster.
I expect connaught to be the most competitive next year. Galway are another year along under Walsh and he has certainly improved all be it from a very low base. I'd imagine roscommon are still sick after this year so there has to be more to come from them. All that coupled with surely a drop in mayo. After the last few years of all ireland semi finals and finals and bags of connaught titles. I think if Galway and roscommon want a provincial title it's there for them.

-------------
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona

Date Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 3:59pm
Originally posted by Bitored Bitored wrote:

I think Tyrone will take Ulster next year, kerry again in munster and no surprise with Dublin taking Leinster.
I expect connaught to be the most competitive next year. Galway are another year along under Walsh and he has certainly improved all be it from a very low base. I'd imagine roscommon are still sick after this year so there has to be more to come from them. All that coupled with surely a drop in mayo. After the last few years of all ireland semi finals and finals and bags of connaught titles. I think if Galway and roscommon want a provincial title it's there for them.

Every single word of that was uttered this year by people, particularly about Roscommon. It was said in 2014 too. What is going to make next year different to this year, especially seeing as both Galway and Roscommon will have to come to Castlebar if they play Mayo?

Date Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 4:09pm
Whoever gets the Roscommon job(most likely McStay) has a decent team but will be under pressure straight away just trying to stay in division 1.Hopefully a decent league campaign does the lads some good and sets us up for a better championship.

Ros are better than they showed in the championship this year,Evans made some very strange selection decisions.

Date Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 4:16pm
Id agree Rossieman that Roscommon are better than what they showed and it was most definitely and very disappointing Championship in 2015. I think Roscommon are our biggest challengers in 2016 in Connacht, I think they are better than Galway but I still don't think they can compete at Mayo's level but you never know I suppose

Date Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Whoever gets the Roscommon job(most likely McStay) has a decent team but will be under pressure straight away just trying to stay in division 1.Hopefully a decent league campaign does the lads some good and sets us up for a better championship.

Ros are better than they showed in the championship this year,Evans made some very strange selection decisions.

Even more of a reason to want Roscommon to go far as the longer they're in it then he won't be on the TV

-------------

Posted By: reddladd
Date Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 4:24pm
If McStay takes the management job I doubt we'd see him at all on Sunday Game.

-------------
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.

Date Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

We can live in hope. McStay is one biased ****

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

I think if we bring the right players into the squad next year we be good enough to win ulster again. I be honest don't buy into the hype around tyrone they beat 1 team from division 1 on their run to the semi final this year.

Alot of people will automatically right off donegal after this year (not necessarily you walls) but I know we have the players in the county that can come in and improve the team and it's a matter of Rory Gallagher being willing to leave club loyalties aside and have the best players in the squad and starting 15 and as I said still believe the older players can play a roll as impact squads etc

U21 All Ireland champions. Forget that? The league means nothing, all about championship a good run in Div2 could be seriously beneficial for confidence anyway also gives a chance to rest the big players

We've serious hype from Ulster and so we should, we are top dogs in the province. We got to the semis and baring a terrible 10 mins where in the All Ireland final. Our team is young bar Sean and Joe and the team unlike others will have 0 retirements. Mickey Harte knows he's within touching distance of Sam. And when Tyrone get to an all Ireland under Mickey, we don't lose.

-------------
YBIG Resident Pilot

Date Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

We can live in hope. McStay is one biased ****

a terrible pundit.
Mcstay appointment will be announced before the end of September is what I'v been told.
Not sure what to make of it.he has had some success at club level but its been a long time since he was involved with that good Mayo U21 team.
gotta wonder why he hasnt been involved in more teams but I suppose the Ros job suits him best.

Posted By: Bo Jackson
Date Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 6:25pm
I would still regard Galways season as a positive. Yes, we exited the Championship a stage earlier in in disappointing fashion and threw away a great chance of promotion but there has been real progress in player development and style under Kevin Walsh. The defensive discipline may not be a revelation to others or even that impressive but from a Galway perspective, the difference is remarkable from previous years. We still have a long ways to go but there is a solid foundation in place. Consistency is the key for us now.

Last season, we unearthed a couple of useful players in the form of the two Sweeneys, Liam Silke. Younger players such as Duane improved immensely. Gary O'Donnell is settled at No.6 while Damo Comer was a breakthrough for us this year and should be a mainstay alongside Shane Walsh in the forward line for years to come. Our midfield duo need to improve while Paul Conroy was disappointing this season. We need to decide where he is more influential, either at No.11 or midfield.

Next season, promotion from Division 2 and a provincial final has to be target. We've stagnated for a couple years in the second tier but promotion will be the platform to bring on a lot of our younger players.

Regarding Connacht, I don't expect Mayo to fall apart but they're not getting any younger. They're still the standard bearer in the province and the onus is on the rest of us to match them. Roscommon will be a very interesting one. There is plenty of talent there, the Championship this year was a shambles for them. The right appointment could be the making of them. A semi-final encounter between the two of us would have potential to be a great game.

McStay is an awful awful awful pundit, commentator, analyst. I would say person but I obviously don't know him and he's probably alright if ya met him LOL but he's a different prospect on the sideline. As Rossieman outlined however, its been a while since he was involved with that Mayo U-21 team. However, there is no other outstanding candidate there, and he has experience with Brigids as well.

-------------
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!

Date Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 6:27pm
When is the draw ? It's normally a few weeks after the AI

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 7:34pm

That appears very unlikely. Mayo are just going to have to get on with it with the current management.
Don't rule it out yet Sidney. A lot going on in Mayo right now.

If something isn't sorted out, we won't win Connacht

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 10:29pm

That would pretty much require a players' strike. 

With Connelly's brother the County Board chairman, he's not going to sack the management.

The players have some serious thinking to do about this.

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 10:35pm

Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

U21 All Ireland champions. Forget that? The league means nothing, all about championship a good run in Div2 could be seriously beneficial for confidence anyway also gives a chance to rest the big players

We've serious hype from Ulster and so we should, we are top dogs in the province. We got to the semis and baring a terrible 10 mins where in the All Ireland final. Our team is young bar Sean and Joe and the team unlike others will have 0 retirements. Mickey Harte knows he's within touching distance of Sam. And when Tyrone get to an all Ireland under Mickey, we don't lose.

I remember the u21 victory don't worry won't forget the ulster u21 final either which yous beat us in by a point as most followers of gaa will tell you success at u21 level doesn't automatically result in success at senior level as the Galway lads on here will tell you

Afraid to inform you yous haven't been top dogs in the province for a while as I said no appearance in a final since 2010. I agree with you that league doesn't reflect on championship but fact still remains yours had 7 games in the championship 3 of them against teams from division 1 (so your aim opposition to the title "top dog') and yours lost 2 of them all other games in your run to the semi final came from teams in division 2 (Meath) and division 3 (Limerick, tipp,Sligo) I remember similar hype around Tyrone in 2013 after getting to a semi final as well and look what's happened since still not even reached an ulster final

You are lucky though have 2 chances of seeing a team in a final if Tyrone don't do it might be able to support few ex team mates playing for down

-------------

Posted By: eire77
Date Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 11:11pm
McStay for Ros... please!!

I rather listen to a burd taking a dump than his analysis.

-------------
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get me...

Date Posted: 23 Sep 2015 at 12:43am

That would pretty much require a players' strike. 

With Connelly's brother the County Board chairman, he's not going to sack the management.

The players have some serious thinking to do about this.

It would require that or something similar.

It's a total mess right now. Fingers crossed something is sorted, and soon

-------------

Posted By: Blue Man
Date Posted: 23 Sep 2015 at 1:20am
Remember lads Mayo at 70% are the only team that can compete with the Champions. So we may as well all give up.

On a side note, if Tyrone win the All Ireland I will record myself eating my own flute and post it here. What a bad side. Pilot Boy, you talk some absolute tosh

-------------
"Everytime Leeds concede a goal, its like being stabbed in the heart" - Billy Bremner

Gary Speed 1969-2011

YBIG Blind Date Champion 2010

Date Posted: 23 Sep 2015 at 1:23am
Originally posted by Blue Man Blue Man wrote:

Remember lads Mayo at 70% are the only team that can compete with the Champions. So we may as well all give up.

On a side note, if Tyrone win the All Ireland I will record myself eating my own flute and post it here. What a bad side. Pilot Boy, you talk some absolute tosh
LOL

-------------

Posted By: CoffeeBean
Date Posted: 23 Sep 2015 at 1:36am

Congratulations to Mayo.

LOLLOLLOL

Date Posted: 23 Sep 2015 at 1:47am
Top four will be Kerry Dublin Tyrone Mayo. Dublin will beat Kerry and Mayo will beat Tyrone in the semis. The Final? well we all know that story don't we...

Date Posted: 23 Sep 2015 at 7:44am

-------------

Posted By: tony grealish
Date Posted: 23 Sep 2015 at 8:25am

It wouldn't be the day after a Dublin all Ireland win without that bitter clown on here whining like an aulwan! We're all f*cked though if Mayo ever make it to even 80% of their alleged capabilities - sure no team can live with the 'intinsity' of the Masters of disaster when they ''get it going''.LOL

-------------
''I've had a rough night and I hate the f**kin eagles, man!!''

Date Posted: 23 Sep 2015 at 8:33am
Originally posted by tony grealish tony grealish wrote:

It wouldn't be the day after a Dublin all Ireland win without that bitter clown on here whining like an aulwan! We're all f*cked though if Mayo ever make it to even 80% of their alleged capabilities - sure no team can live with the 'intinsity' of the Masters of disaster when they ''get it going''.LOL

If only they had appointed Kevin McStay last year instead Connelly and Holmes   

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Sep 2015 at 11:24am
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

When is the draw ? It's normally a few weeks after the AI

The draw was on 9th October last year so would say we can expect it to take place in the next week or 2

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Sep 2015 at 12:22pm
Right funny men, fair play to ye

Posted By: Gashley Grimes
Date Posted: 23 Sep 2015 at 12:38pm
This Dublin team have now reached legendary status probably the greatest GAA team in modern history.

5 Leinsters in a row,3 NFL titles in a row and 3 AI's in five years.

Now it's time to do that double and also next year would be special given its the centenary anniversary of the rising.

If we are ruthless Dublin could dominate like Kilkenny in hurling.

Posted By: PanteirA
Date Posted: 23 Sep 2015 at 11:06pm

Yeah Id put us ahead of Kerry. Now that could quite easily be my Mayo blinkers on clouding my judgement but Id put the top three in order as being Dublin, Mayo, Kerry and those three being a decent bit ahead of the rest. 

Again though, an awful lot can change between now and next year
I wouldn't quite agree with you on Mayo being ahead of Kerry but its irrelevant as 2nd is nowhere. Not a whole lot between them anyway. Looking forward to next year already.

Posted By: PanteirA
Date Posted: 23 Sep 2015 at 11:08pm
Originally posted by Gashley Grimes Gashley Grimes wrote:

This Dublin team have now reached legendary status probably the greatest GAA team in modern history.

5 Leinsters in a row,3 NFL titles in a row and 3 AI's in five years.

Now it's time to do that double and also next year would be special given its the centenary anniversary of the rising.

If we are ruthless Dublin could dominate like Kilkenny in hurling.

Why don't ye try to win back to back 1st LOL

Date Posted: 23 Sep 2015 at 11:21pm

Cool

Ignoring the fact a young Tyrone side were 4 points of an ageing Kerry team we're talking about a team with 11 starters under 25 here, denied two goals also with fine saves and a penalty denied. Yet we're classing a stagnating Mayo team along with them, let Dublin worry about back to back. Sam Maguire is heading to Omagh next year men, Mickey Harte is guiding us to Ulster and then onwards to Sam Clap

If county has something positive to take from this year then Dublin, its ourselves. Mark Bradley has never experienced pressure like that before in his young GAA career among others perfect stepping stone, we've the best sweeper in the game in Colm (get no credit for it) I've forgot the last time we conceded a goal. 

Cocky and confident! #Youdontlikeusandwedontcare 

-------------
YBIG Resident Pilot

Date Posted: 23 Sep 2015 at 11:23pm
Kerry, the cute hoors that they are, will probably deliberately lose to Cork next year to avoid Dublin and get Mayo in the semi-final, when Aidan O'Shea will no doubt crash into Cillian O'Connor again, a gust of wind will blow the post two yards inwards to meet a Mayo shot going over for the winning point, before referee Marty Duffy deflects a wide-bound James O'Donoghue shot into the net for the winning goal in the replay in Limerick. 

Dublin will get a bout of food poisoning the day before their semi-final against Cork and literally sh*t themselves on the pitch as they lose.

Cork will need no such bug to sh*t themselves as they lose to Kerry by 20 points in the final.

Eamon Fitzmaurice will once more be hailed as a genius.

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Sep 2015 at 4:05am

Kerry, the cute hoors that they are, will probably deliberately lose to Cork next year to avoid Dublin and get Mayo in the semi-final, when Aidan O'Shea will no doubt crash into Cillian O'Connor again, a gust of wind will blow the post two yards inwards to meet a Mayo shot going over for the winning point, before referee Marty Duffy deflects a wide-bound James O'Donoghue shot into the net for the winning goal in the replay in Limerick. 

Dublin will get a bout of food poisoning the day before their semi-final against Cork and literally sh*t themselves on the pitch as they lose.

Cork will need no such bug to sh*t themselves as they lose to Kerry by 20 points in the final.

Eamon Fitzmaurice will once more be hailed as a genius.

and rightly so LOL

Date Posted: 24 Sep 2015 at 8:06am

Right funny men, fair play to ye

No bother. Plenty more where that came from from.Thumbs Up

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Sep 2015 at 8:07am
Work away so

Date Posted: 24 Sep 2015 at 8:21am
No? Nothing?

Grand, maybe you would like to offer a view on the next year's league and Championship instead Tony?

Posted By: Baldrick
Date Posted: 24 Sep 2015 at 9:24am
What this thread shows is that no county has a monopoly on fools and no county is immune from having their own gobsites.

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 24 Sep 2015 at 10:14am

I think most people would have been aware of that anyway to be fair

Date Posted: 24 Sep 2015 at 11:24am
Jaysus, some embarrassingly sensitive souls on here as always.LOL The_walls seems to be a particularly delicate little flower in this regard. Not to worry, he's always got the ever dependable Baldrick on hand to defend his honour on the regular occasions that his fragile sensibilities have been offended. It's a beautiful thing you two have got going on there - the make up sex after a row must be sensationally passionate, yet tender and heartfelt at the same time. Lovely.Heart

Kimbap made a series of daft pronouncements about Mayo and the Dubs and then had the mickey taken out of him by a few Dublin supporters afterwards when things didn't go his way - bit of sl*gging, no more no less.

I'd make Dublin marginal favourites to win the All Ireland next year followed by Kerry, Mayo (even at 70%) and Tyrone in that order. I think that Gashley is being wildly optimistic in predicting Kilkenny like domination for the Dubs though.

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Sep 2015 at 12:02pm
Yeah it's great. Fair play, brilliant "bants" Clap

Good to see you have a view to offer on the actual football. I'd find it very hard to look past Dublin next year. Don't get me wrong they are by no means unbeatable but if Gavin keeps them focused they will be very hard stopped. 

Date Posted: 24 Sep 2015 at 12:24pm
Dublin will be huge favourites for the AI next year.
They were 11/8 this year in April with Kerry at 3/1.I would expect at least 2 points between them and Kerry in the betting for 2016.

Posted By: Roberto Baggio
Date Posted: 24 Sep 2015 at 12:26pm
The AI's like the CL i always say - hard to retain. 

Looking back at the last handful of winners, i remember people saying Cork would go on and dominate for a few years after 2010, same was said of Donegal, and of Dublin after their two wins recently. 

Posted By: cm79
Date Posted: 24 Sep 2015 at 12:28pm
Dublin 6/4
Kerry 9/4
Mayo 6/1
Cork 9/1
Tyrone 16/1
Galway / Donegal 20/1
Monaghan 33/1

How the f**k Cork are 9/1 is beyond me.

Date Posted: 24 Sep 2015 at 12:31pm
WTF

Would have Tyrone and Donegal ahead of Cork

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Sep 2015 at 12:38pm
The odds can be a bit strange. Cork at 9/1 is bizarre and on what basis are Galway the same price as Donegal and a lot shorter than Monaghan?

Back to back All Irelands are notoriously difficult but I think it is fair to say that this Dublin team is up there with the great Dublin teams and back to back All Irelands would really cement that. Unfortunately for the rest of us I think they will be totally focussed on that

Date Posted: 24 Sep 2015 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by cm79 cm79 wrote:

Dublin 6/4
Kerry 9/4
Mayo 6/1
Cork 9/1
Tyrone 16/1
Galway / Donegal 20/1
Monaghan 33/1

How the f**k Cork are 9/1 is beyond me.
New management coming in.

The draw could work out in their favour - ie. lose to Kerry and play Mayo in a quarter-final which they could win. 

Could easily end up in an All-Ireland final.

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Sep 2015 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

The AI's like the CL i always say - hard to retain. 

Looking back at the last handful of winners, i remember people saying Cork would go on and dominate for a few years after 2010, same was said of Donegal, and of Dublin after their two wins recently. 

Whatever about Cork, nobody said that about Donegal.

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Sep 2015 at 1:51pm
We won the All Ireland 3 times in 5 years. 03,05,08 lets not get carried away Dublin. 

As for 16/1, I'll be putting a significant punt on that. 

-------------
YBIG Resident Pilot

Date Posted: 24 Sep 2015 at 2:20pm

We won the All Ireland 3 times in 5 years. 03,05,08 lets not get carried away Dublin. 

Embarrassed

Dublin have just done 11,13,15 

Tyrone have never done back to back either.

Tyrone havent a hope of winning another AI with that set up,the crap football is now easily exposed by the good teams and it will be no different next year.

Posted By: reddladd
Date Posted: 24 Sep 2015 at 2:34pm

That is actually 3 AI in 6 years.

-------------
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net