You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GAA FOOTBALL 2016/2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 130131132133134 163>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eboue16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2016 at 10:17pm
This silence will not last. Place will go daft from Wednesday on and when people start actually getting the tickets in hand excitement and giddiness will build

Right now though the silence is refreshing and a sign of a focused outfit. Could do without the AOS ad for AIB on the box and cillian surprising the fans with AI tickets but I'd take those small things over the county hopping when the game was weeks away
"He f**ked me over and my attitude is an eye for an eye."
Roy Keane
Talking about Alf Inge Haaland tackle
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2016 at 11:30am
Originally posted by PhilliyK PhilliyK wrote:

Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Absolutely nothing to report from Mayo.

Genuinely bizarre build up

Bit early to be in training for January, no?

A proper pre-season friendly. We'll be ready for the Rossies in the FBD league this year!
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
d13dave View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d13dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2016 at 2:01pm
i had a nightmare Mayo won last night - Horrific! 

Andy Moran point to win it in front of the hill with the last kick of the game. Celebrated with a touch of class ie w**ker signs and finger to the lip to the Hill. 

All humidity addled dreams aside i am really looking forward to this. Mayo have a massive performance in them but not sure it will be enough. They will need goals to win this.

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2016 at 2:25pm
Was Moran the one who cupped his ears with his hands in front of the hill in the 2013 final ?
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2016 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Was Moran the one who cupped his ears with his hands in front of the hill in the 2013 final ?

Bastard! How could he!?!?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2016 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Bastard! How could he!?!?

Just asked a question. Anyways result made whomever it was look the fool
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2016 at 2:41pm
It was Andy Moran but so what? The Hill was half Mayo that day.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2016 at 2:43pm
Didn't say there was a problem with it just might be an idea not to do it in the middle of a game when the result is far from certain

Edited by Denis Irwin - 09 Sep 2016 at 2:44pm

the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2016 at 3:23pm
Meh, players in all codes do it all the time in big moments in games. I don't see the issue, particularly when it is the heat of the moment for a player.

And as I say the Hill was half Mayo that day, it could have just as easily been directed towards Mayo fans as Dublin fans

Edited by the_walls - 09 Sep 2016 at 3:25pm
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2016 at 6:50pm
It was absolutely directed towards Mayo fans. That day has gone down in infamy. Fans abandoned the team that day. Was f**king horrible.
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2016 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

Probably the most puerile gesture of all time in GAA. For some reason, 31 other counties generally let that go. But not Mayo, it was typical of the mindset. I always thought it was pathetic that they kept the Hill allocation in some sort of act of defiance.

Edited by Het-field - 09 Sep 2016 at 6:58pm
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2016 at 7:29pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Probably the most puerile gesture of all time in GAA. For some reason, 31 other counties generally let that go. But not Mayo, it was typical of the mindset. I always thought it was pathetic that they kept the Hill allocation in some sort of act of defiance.

Wow

Ye got Sam that day, we got our hearts broken, again, and ye still seem pure bitter 3 years removed from the Hill being infected with "culchies".

And I'm sure you meant 30 other counties let that go, unless you feel Dublin also let their Hill allocation go?

Edited by the_walls - 09 Sep 2016 at 7:35pm
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2016 at 7:34pm

Wow

Ye got Sam that day, we got our hearts broken, again, and ye still seem pure bitter 3 years removed from the Hill being infected with "culchies".

Not bitter. I was just commenting how it was behaviour befitting a five year old.
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2016 at 7:41pm
It comes across as bitter anyway. And why is it childish? First of all they are 40 euro cheaper. That's a lot of money. Second of all the Hill is an advantage to Dublin. It might be only a very small advantage but at the very elite level of sport things like that can make a difference. Why wouldn't Mayo try and dilute that advantage? I have no idea why other counties don't?

The allocation for clubs in Mayo is 50/50 split between stand and Hill and most of those Hill tickets will be staying in Mayo hands from what I hear.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2016 at 7:44pm

It comes across as bitter anyway. And why is it childish? First of all they are 40 euro cheaper. That's a lot of money. Second of all the Hill is an advantage to Dublin. It might be only a very small advantage but at the very elite level of sport things like that can make a difference. Why wouldn't Mayo try and dilute that advantage? I have no idea why other counties don't?

The allocation for clubs in Mayo is 50/50 split between stand and Hill and most of those Hill tickets will be staying in Mayo hands from what I hear.

Of course they will.

However, if you think that it had nothing to do with sticking the tongue out at the Dubs, you're quite naive.

Other counties are just a little more mature about the whole thing.
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2016 at 7:57pm
Ah yeah I'm pure naive hey. Of course there is an element of that but again why should the Hill be abandoned to Dublin, especially when it gives them an advantage?

I always find it odd how one county out of 32 can be labelled as different or other as if they are nearly some sort of different ethnic group. As if as soon as you go past Cong, Ballindine or Cahrlestown all this childish messing stops. Odd

Edited by the_walls - 09 Sep 2016 at 7:59pm
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2016 at 8:01pm

Ah yeah I'm pure naive hey. Of course there is an element of that but again why should the Hill be abandoned to Dublin, especially when it gives them an advantage?

I always find it odd how one county out of 32 can be labelled as different or other as if they are nearly some sort of different ethnic group. As if as soon as you go past Cong, Ballindine or Cahrlestown all this childish messing stops. Odd

I don't know, history, custom and practice, the fact that all other teams do it.

My point is I feel Mayo go out of their way about it. After all Kerry seem perfectly content to leave it to the Dubs, and have other teams in the past.
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2016 at 8:19pm
And for the life of meI really cant understand why they do. It makes no sense to me.

Even if I was to agree with all of what you are saying adjectives like puerile and pathetic to describe the situation is ridiculous hyperbole. Now what I have heard of the reaction of some Dublin fans to the presence of Mayo fans on the Hill, that was pathetic. Now just to make clear, I am sure that was only a small minority
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 130131132133134 163>
  Share Topic