You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

U.S Politics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 321322323324325 334>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2021 at 7:32pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

I thought you were more well read than you are πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

In fairness, I did have a vague idea that Stone wouldn't have accepted the lone gunman theory but I didn't know what his conclusions were on the JFK assassination. 

Hicks is a legend but Carlin is the master Wink
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2021 at 10:45pm
Love how trump thinks that the 75m people who voted for him was because of him. I'd imagine either party could run an inanimate object and it would still probably get a couple of million votes because some people vote for the party not the individual.
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2021 at 11:11pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Love how trump thinks that the 75m people who voted for him was because of him. I'd imagine either party could run an inanimate object and it would still probably get a couple of million votes because some people vote for the party not the individual.
Much of it was for him personally though

And that's the Republicans' problem

They will find it very difficult to come up with another candidate who inspires such cult like devotion

A lot of Trump supporters despise the Republican party as an institution

They see them as "cucks" - and they have been proven correct in that - but not for the reasons they think

The Republican party has bent over to fascism - but whatever form the future Republican party takes will be engaged in a deadly war against the Democratic party

Conversely, Trump inspires Democratic turnout in a way nobody else can - and he cannot win

Republicans will have a tough time getting anybody to win a presidential election in future - they have everything stacked heavily in their favour, but have still lost the popular vote seven times out of eight

They are trapped between two poisonous, failed ideologies - Trumpism and the bog standard Kochsucking anarcho-capitalist right-wing

BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2021 at 11:23pm
Sid is there anything you don’t know me oul pal? 
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2021 at 11:29pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

I didn't know Trump had been banned permanently from Twitter until about 45 seconds ago
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2021 at 11:35pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

LOL
AKA pedantic kunt
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2021 at 11:43pm
If Trump is impeached and the trial in the Senate isn't completed before he leaves office, does it still continue?
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2021 at 11:46pm
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

If Trump is impeached and the trial in the Senate isn't completed before he leaves office, does it still continue?
yes he can still be impeached and can't run for public office again 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2021 at 11:55pm
You just know he's frantically demanding the password for the POTUS account right now
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 12:26am
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

yes he can still be impeached and can't run for public office again 

My understanding is that simply being impeached doesn't mean that he can't run for office again. Remember he's already been impeached. My understanding is that he has to be convicted after he's been impeached in order to be ineligible for office again and with that in mind, can a trial in the Senate continue if the President is no longer the President. It's not clear either way from what I can see.

Edited by the_walls - 09 Jan 2021 at 12:28am
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 1:44am
One positive aspect of his removal by impeachment, should it happen, would be that he would lose entitlement to a fat pension and a massively expensive security detail for the rest of his life. Many of the GOP Senators would be glad to see the back of him, not least those with their own Presidential ambitions, but are nervous of upsetting the MAGA redneck element. Hawley and Cruz are damaged goods in the Senate now and neither will inherit the cult support. A lot of that rabble are the sort who would only vote for Trump and the GOP lacks anyone else with that secret sauce of fairground barker, crude comedian and truculent demagogue that has sustained the roadshow over the last four years. Excellent that he has been barred from social media, that should have happened a long time ago.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 1:54am
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

One positive aspect of his removal by impeachment, should it happen, would be that he would lose entitlement to a fat pension and a massively expensive security detail for the rest of his life. Many of the GOP Senators would be glad to see the back of him, not least those with their own Presidential ambitions, but are nervous of upsetting the MAGA redneck element. Hawley and Cruz are damaged goods in the Senate now and neither will inherit the cult support. A lot of that rabble are the sort who would only vote for Trump and the GOP lacks anyone else with that secret sauce of fairground barker, crude comedian and truculent demagogue that has sustained the roadshow over the last four years. Excellent that he has been barred from social media, that should have happened a long time ago.

Hannity has it

Carlson is too scary - he genuinely comes across like a potential mass shooter and has an absolute litany of racism behind him which he has somehow managed to get away with

They might look at Ivanka as a sort of fascist Barbie, a silver spoon Eva Peron

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 8:52am
If Trump was still on twitter I still wouldn't have ruled him out if running again but the permanent banning on his favourite and most effective form of communication cannot be underestimated.  It severely cripples his effectiveness and the lack of attention and media exposure is going to drive him crazy. 

When the Democrats take the Senate, as AOC says they should try and have Cruz and Hawley expelled.
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

You just know he's frantically demanding the password for the POTUS account right now

He got his wish and got the account promptly banned too LOL
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 4:13pm
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 6:23pm
Check out the trivia section of Home Alone 2 LOL

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0104431/trivia?ref_=m_tt_trv_trv
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2021 at 12:03am
The way Trump and his cultists have turned on Pence is both astonishing and was totally and utterly predictable

They literally want to kill him 

Pence and Trump will never speak to each other again, of that I'm quite sure
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2021 at 12:59am
More grist to the mill. Pence was chosen for VP because of his reliability as a forelock-tugging lapdog, a position he slavishly acquiesced to for four years. The minute he pointed out to his monomaniac commander that he could not constitutionally set aside the imperatives of the electors, he was pursued by the hordes of tobacco chewing, banjo strumming, moonshine swigging, snagged toothed, beer bellied, " how d'you write that ''X" thang on that there ballot , bwoy ? white trash racist redneck f**kwit MAGA stormboy mob who wanted to lynch him publicly on a tree outside the building. Quelle surprise...?

Edited by Green Cockade - 10 Jan 2021 at 1:00am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 321322323324325 334>
  Share Topic