You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

U.S Politics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 257258259260261 334>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2020 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

I'm not familiar with the US electoral system - I've been reading on what's what and they have Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania set to turn blue, I noticed they have Florida and North Carolina both of them at 1/2 - How many flips does Biden need to win?

AFAIK Biden won't actually need Florida if he wins Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania. He may even only need to win two of them depending on how the other toss up states go. 

The fact North Carolina, Arizona & even Texas to a lesser degree are turning into a toss up is bad news for the Republicans. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2020 at 6:32pm
https://www.270towin.com/

Edited by sid waddell - 27 Oct 2020 at 6:33pm
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2020 at 6:47pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

538 had Trump within a polling error last time, they have him at 17% this time.

What do you mean by 17% as opposed to being within a polling error? 

17% chance of Trump winning or 17% behind? 

Sorry, 17% chance of winning, within a polling error meant that Trump could win if the polls were wrong but wrong within their margin of error, which ended up happening

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2020 at 6:49pm
Been saying this since last spring - a large part of the Trump plan has always been to destroy the postal service so mail in ballots do not arrive on time - and let the courts do the rest

https://twitter.com/GeoffRBennett/status/1321042528502689793

US Postal Service on-time delivery times for First-Class Mail have dropped again — now nearly as bad as the worst period this summer. If you are voting absentee and haven’t returned your ballot, experts say drop it off in person. Do not rely on #USPS delivery at this point.
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2020 at 7:01pm
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2020 at 10:48am
No matter what happens there will be chaos in America, the way this year has gone you wouldn't rule out a civil war
It would damage this forums' reputation
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2020 at 10:52am
I'd say it's as close as it has been there in 150 years alright 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2020 at 10:57am
A just released ABC News/Washington Post poll puts Biden 17 (seventeen) points ahead in Wisconsin - 57-40

Yes I do have trouble believing this one

But if it's even remotely connected related to reality, it's highly encouraging

Same poll puts him 51-44 ahead in Michigan

Pennsylvania is the real key

Still really worried about that state

Come on people of America, vote, vote, vote, get the evil **** out

MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2020 at 11:02am
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

A just released ABC News/Washington Post poll puts Biden 17 (seventeen) points ahead in Wisconsin - 57-40

They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2020 at 11:13am
I was reading an article where it seems that Biden's perception amongst Democratic voters is better than Clinton's was. The key point was that the Democratic types that didn't like Clinton, are at worst, ambivalent to Biden. This is helpful insofar as there was a community of Democratic leaning voters who wouldn't hold their nose long enough to vote for Clinton, either staying at home, or voting for Stein.The though process seems to be that many of these people won't even need to hold their nose to vote for Biden as they no longer hold the "they are as bad as each other" view, or they won't let "the perfect be the enemy of the good", like they did in 2016.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2020 at 11:15am

Had a good chat with a guy in Philadelphia last year.  To set the scene he was a guy drinking a few beers in the train station. Friendly guy.  The last person you would think would be supporting trump but back then and this was before the riots on the street connected with police brutality against black peoples he said he would vote trump. He had 12 jobs over the last year or so and he was able to be fired and move to another job and he thanked trump for this.  I listened and listened and for the life of me why he wanted trump.  His final line was that they were all racists but at least Trump was honest to admit he was.  It was a real eye opener I must say.   
AKA pedantic kunt
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2020 at 11:20am

17 is probably exaggerated but as I mentioned last night I was reading up on to get informed they're pretty convinced that they've voted away from Trump.

Pennsylvania and Winconsin is 9/4 to turn blue, that doesn't seem like a 17 point lead at all.
North Carolina and Florida however where both parties are at 1/2 and even the interactive map you linked suggests it's too close to call and from what I understood it's all of these too close to call states Trump needs to win to stay in office, which is unlikely, I think he's done.

Edited by coyne - 28 Oct 2020 at 11:22am
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2020 at 11:22am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Had a good chat with a guy in Philadelphia last year.  To set the scene he was a guy drinking a few beers in the train station. Friendly guy.  The last person you would think would be supporting trump but back then and this was before the riots on the street connected with police brutality against black peoples he said he would vote trump. He had 12 jobs over the last year or so and he was able to be fired and move to another job and he thanked trump for this.  I listened and listened and for the life of me why he wanted trump.  His final line was that they were all racists but at least Trump was honest to admit he was.  It was a real eye opener I must say.   
I don't find any of that surprising at all

I bet he was white

And there's your explainer
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2020 at 11:29am

Claret Murph was on and is looking for his story back 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2020 at 11:39am
He wasn’t white.  
AKA pedantic kunt
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2020 at 11:40am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Claret Murph was on and is looking for his story back 

😀😀😀😀 good shout.     I was shocked that a black guy who was hopping from job to job for low wages would be a trump supporter. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2020 at 11:53am
Also, I would be amazed if 3rd Party candidates reached close to the 5% they got in 2016. Stein had run before on the Green ticket, while Gary Johnson actually had a bona fide political career (as did his running mate). The current crop are either political nobodies or serial losers, and will hardly make a dent in the vote share. Equally, there is nobody like a Ralf Nader, who had a small but loyal following.

jamo1 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2020 at 12:14pm

He wasn’t white.  
Some black people are voting for Trump, obviously not in the same numbers that will vote for Biden. The leader of the racist proud boys is Hispanic and they have a lot of black members too who are fed up of Antifa and their antics trying to jump on the BLM protests.
Del Boy: You do know what a pyscopath is dont you Grandad

Grandad: Of course i know what a Pyscopath is, its a fella who dresses up in womens clothes.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 257258259260261 334>
  Share Topic