You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

U.S Politics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 249250251252253 334>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2020 at 10:04am
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Fair points, I think it's a disaster for him overall but we'll see what happens 

You have to understand that Republican media is basically Nazi Germany or North Korea in its brainwashing strategy

And most of the non-partisan media are suckers for "false balance" and regularly frame things favourably for Trump, that includes the New York Times and CNN etc.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2020 at 10:07am

I reckon he has it. We're all so conditioned to him constantly lying that we believe nothing he says. Usually whenever a scandal emerges, he is an expert at deflection by saying something crazy and distracting everyone. I think he will lose control of the narrative if he is out of action. If the Democrats have anything about them, they will put their foot on his throat and kill his chances over the next 2 weeks. Keep the sex assault, underage girls, tax avoidance, war dead "losers" etc all over the press. 
El Puto Amo
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2020 at 10:12am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

I could be totally wrong here but I think this is all made up and an election tactic also. 

It's definitely possible, you couldn't be up to the lies of Trump and his regime, it's a remorseless lying machine

I think Boris Johnson probably did get the virus but I hae me doots as to whether he was actually very ill at all

And I suppose the very fact that people are seriously talking about these possibilities shows that these bastards have been very successful in creating a baffling world of paranoia and eternal threat where it is often very difficult to tell what's true and what isn't

That has been their aim all along

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2020 at 10:16am
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

I reckon he has it. We're all so conditioned to him constantly lying that we believe nothing he says. Usually whenever a scandal emerges, he is an expert at deflection by saying something crazy and distracting everyone. I think he will lose control of the narrative if he is out of action. If the Democrats have anything about them, they will put their foot on his throat and kill his chances over the next 2 weeks. Keep the sex assault, underage girls, tax avoidance, war dead "losers" etc all over the press. 
But he wont be out of action, that's the thing, he'll get to tweet away and put out a choreographed narrative from his bedroom and his propaganda machine will be working furiously in the meantime to whip up a wartime atmosphere, and the media will buy it, look at the way Nick Robinson of the BBC was glorifying Boris Johnson as a "wartime leader" the other day FFS

Then in around two weeks, he'll "miraculously" return to the campaign trail and his Nuremberg rallies, like Lazarus

This is the best possible thing for Trump to keep all of those things in bold out of the press

Edited by sid waddell - 02 Oct 2020 at 10:18am
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2020 at 10:19am
Be grand,  he'll take the malaria tablet.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2020 at 10:25am

Why wouldn't he have contracted Covid though? The dope has been hosting mass indoor rallies for the past few months. He was surely a strong candidate to get it at some point. 
Whether there is a political advantage to him having Covid or not doesn't mean that he hasn't actually got it. 

I see a similar debate is taking place on Malachy Clerkins twitter account. 

Anyway, you could well be right Sid but I think you might be steeling yourself for a potential Trump win and catastrophising everything. This looks like bad news for him. 
El Puto Amo
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2020 at 10:49am

Why wouldn't he have contracted Covid though? The dope has been hosting mass indoor rallies for the past few months. He was surely a strong candidate to get it at some point. 
Whether there is a political advantage to him having Covid or not doesn't mean that he hasn't actually got it. 

Anyway, you could well be right Sid but I think you might be steeling yourself for a potential Trump win and catastrophising everything. This looks like bad news for him. 

The reason I'm steeling myself for a Trump "win" is that I have no faith in American institutions, like, say, the election system - its (lack of) security and the ability of American election systems to stave off hacking and vote falsification, or that mail in ballots won't mysteriously go missing or that the courts won't declare them inadmissable 

The lessons of history are there to be learned from and I don't think they are being learned from, there are real reasons to think Republicans have been successfully hacking and stealing elections for years, certainly back to 2000 - Karl Rove is dirty as f**k and he's involved with Trump - it doesn't always work - I think they tried to hack Ohio in 2012 but it didn't work, remember Rove's furious reaction to Fox calling it for Obama

I think 2016 was probably hacked and falsified in favour of Trump but we'll never know for sure because the evidence was destroyed

Biden is obviously miles ahead in reality, the opinion polls are a pretty accurate measurement of actual opinion out there

The higher the turnout for Biden the harder it is for Republicans to steal the election

Even in a theoretically "fair" election, 538 say that a 3-4% national popular vote win only gives him around a 50-50 chance of winning the electoral college

Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2020 at 12:01pm

Actually misread that as Macauley Culkin and had a look out of curiosity. Carry on.... 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2020 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Actually misread that as Macauley Culkin and had a look out of curiosity. Carry on.... 
Trump and Culkin were both in Home Alone 2 or was it Self Isolating 2 ?

Edited by Cabra Hoop - 02 Oct 2020 at 12:46pm
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2020 at 2:32pm
I predict his death from covid to add to the bizarreness of this year  
It would damage this forums' reputation
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2020 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

I predict his debt from covid to add to the bizarreness of this year  

Fixed that for ya
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2020 at 4:27pm
El Puto Amo
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2020 at 5:00pm

Can we get a poll up on whether we want Trump to die of Covid or not?
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2020 at 5:59pm
I hope he dies.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2020 at 8:04pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

I hope he dies.

You'd have to be Mary Whitehouse not to laugh if it happened, it would be f**king hilarious

Won't happen though, we all know that
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2020 at 8:21pm
What if he won the election and then died. Pence would be President. I don't much about him other than he is a religious weirdo. Could he be even worse?
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2020 at 8:45pm
"When they go low, we go high". But how high? After preaching from the soapbox about how to avoid coronavirus, we now have posters wanting more deaths. Dead Angry

The October Surprise has struck early. Mask wearing didn't protect Trump, or his wife, or his family/staff who all showed up at the debate wearing the useless crap. Which failed to do it's job, i.e. stop the spread of the virus. As it does everyday across the globe. It's the most pathetic attempt at a "vaccine" I've ever seen.

Given his age, and the nature of his job, and the country he is in, he was always high risk, mask or no mask. The virus doesn't recognise politics or elections, or mandatory mask wearing. It has a life of its own and if its your turn next, its your turn. It could easily be Biden soon. I think he's a useless politician who doesn't have the will or the energy to be President. His idea of diplomacy to other world leaders in the heat of debate was summed up in three words, "Shut up man". 47 years in politics and that's the best diplomatic weapon he can come up with. But I still hope the virus doesn't show up at his door. 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2020 at 8:52pm
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

What if he won the election and then died. Pence would be President. I don't much about him other than he is a religious weirdo. Could he be even worse?
No, because he's an charisma-free drone and would inspire little cult-like personal loyalty - Karl Donitz couldn't have done what Hitler did

Pence would be utterly terrible, as all Republicans are, but he would be unlikely to openly encourage white supremacists to wage a race war

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 249250251252253 334>
  Share Topic