You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

U.S Politics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 248249250251252 334>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2020 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

History suggests that these debates are not crucial but Trump got the worst of it, the Twitter bully persona will not have impressed what few waverers still exist in the swing states that decide USA elections. Suburban women in particular will have been further alienated. They would not tolerate one of their own children carrying on like that. Also, the ' Slow Joe' and 'Sleepy Joe' insults set the bar so low that it was easy for Biden to look capable. Meanwhile, the rest of the world looks on in pity as the USA populace is once again subjected to fear and distraction. The Proud Boys may well 'stand by' at the behest of the Mad King but when the gunsmoke has cleared next month, I stand by my previous prediction of a blue wave with the Democrats taking the Presidency, Senate and Congress.
I have no doubt there will be a "blue wave" but that may not be enough

The threat of mass violence to stop the election count is very real, and who knows where the masses of mail in ballots could end up, they may well end up being burned or chucked in the river

That's on top of the existing voter suppression which will be ramped up massively this time, armed Trump goon squads will be intimidating lines of voters all over the swing states, and the threat of actual voter falsification is very real, it has been proven that it is very possible, actually quite easy, to carry out

A packed Supreme Court will likely rule Trump's way in any dispute

And nobody should be under any delusions that police or the army or any sort of law enforcement would uphold democracy, they are very unlikely to

We are in the most grotesque period of history since World War II and it's likely about to get a lot worse than it already is

Trump's grotesque performance last night was aimed at driving down turnout for Biden

And Biden needs a massive turnout

I am very pessimistic about all this

I never again want to see or hear somebody invoking false equivalence or false "balance", it is fascist enablement, and RTE, Newstalk and everybody else are rotten with it

There will be many books about how media failed during this period, how they enabled Trump and other fascists and enabled the destruction of democracy, reason and any sort of fair and decent society

Edited by sid waddell - 30 Sep 2020 at 1:22pm
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2020 at 1:46pm
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2020 at 6:27am
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2020 at 7:42am
At long last he has done one positive thing. The Covid test.
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2020 at 8:13am
Most likely bullsh*t in order to dominate the news cycle in the run up to the election. He'll say he's taking Hydroxychloroquine and is feeling great.
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2020 at 8:20am
If Trump has it i feel sorry for covid really
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2020 at 8:36am
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Most likely bullsh*t in order to dominate the news cycle in the run up to the election. He'll say he's taking Hydroxychloroquine and is feeling great.

Hardly, it hinders his chances greatly 

Makes a fool of him for downplaying it, especially if gets quite ill 
Stops the rallies and the media coverage he gets from them 
Stops all other campaigning bar tweets and ads - no visits to swing states while Biden is on the road every day 
Stops him hosting high profile supporters 
Stops him having foreign dignitaries visit - he's currently on a roll with getting previously hostile countries to Co operate

He was his longest odds in quite some time to win it after the news broke, betting was suspended then 
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2020 at 9:10am
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Stops all other campaigning bar tweets and ads - no visits to swing states while Biden is on the road every day 
Stops him having foreign dignitaries visit - he's currently on a roll with getting previously hostile countries to Co operate

He was his longest odds in quite some time to win it after the news broke, betting was suspended then 

Does it? Johnson and Bolsinaro both got big bounces in popularity after getting it. And he won't get quite ill if it's bullsh*t. Wink

Edited by Drumcondra 69er - 02 Oct 2020 at 9:11am
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2020 at 9:15am

This

It's a positive outcome for him in general
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2020 at 9:21am
Yeah I reckon he’ll come out from it in bullish form stating he’s defeated it & his followers will eat it up. He’s an out & out liar & ego maniac, he’ll hardly say omg I was wrong about it LOL
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2020 at 9:23am

Does it? Johnson and Bolsinaro both got big bounces in popularity after getting it. And he won't get quite ill if it's bullsh*t. Wink

Yes, for all the reasons pointed out and more 

Bolsonaro has a sustained bump for his welfare payments, probably the most successful in the world for Covid-19, they might have messed up Covid-19 overall but he was extremely effective with getting money to those who needed it 

BJ had the same bump as every leader in the world had at the start, it feel 40% a month later 
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2020 at 9:26am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Yeah I reckon he’ll come out from it in bullish form stating he’s defeated it & his followers will eat it up. He’s an out & out liar & ego maniac, he’ll hardly say omg I was wrong about it LOL

It'll be too late I reckon, 33 days to go, best case he's gone for ten days,  millions of ballots will have been cast in that time, only a third or so of people are actually voting on election day

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2020 at 9:28am
https://twitter.com/carolecadwalla/status/1311920391842078725

A reminder to all Americans that the net effect of our prime minister catching COVID-19 was that it prompted a surge of patriotic support. From which he emerged with renewed popularity. Which enabled him to tear up key functions of the state

It also silenced press & parliament at key moment in crisis from asking critical questions. And when it was announced he was moving to intensive care was moment of national shock. Everything about this is rocket fuel for ‘patriotism’

Donald Trump has the ‘China plague’. If I was Chinese-American, I would be f**king terrified right now
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2020 at 9:30am

Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

It'll be too late I reckon, 33 days to go, best case he's gone for ten days,  millions of ballots will have been cast in that time, only a third or so of people are actually voting on election day

Possibly but he needed to do something, he was “gonna kill” Biden in the debate but it never materialized & sleepy Joe held his own. 
I think his deviousness should never be underestimated! 
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2020 at 9:31am
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

A reminder to all Americans that the net effect of our prime minister catching COVID-19 was that it prompted a surge of patriotic support. From which he emerged with renewed popularity. Which enabled him to tear up key functions of the state

It also silenced press & parliament at key moment in crisis from asking critical questions. And when it was announced he was moving to intensive care was moment of national shock. Everything about this is rocket fuel for ‘patriotism’

Donald Trump has the ‘China plague’. If I was Chinese-American, I would be f**king terrified right now

Don't think it's the same at all, that was the same for many leaders early on and when all nations had the 'we're in this together phase'

Americans have had months to see the horrible handling of the pandemic and can square blame for Trump catching it on his own policies

No press in America that would have asked questions previously will stop now and he never had a parliament to face anyway 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2020 at 9:41am

Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Don't think it's the same at all, that was the same for many leaders early on and when all nations had the 'we're in this together phase'

Americans have had months to see the horrible handling of the pandemic and can square blame for Trump catching it on his own policies

No press in America that would have asked questions previously will stop now and he never had a parliament to face anyway 
There very much is the potential for a similar type situation to be manipulated via media spin

The Republicans are expert at creating fake victimhood for themselves 

Republican media will constantly focus on Twitter messages by randomers laughing at Trump and paint the picture that "the radical leftist Democrats want our president to die"

This kind of sh*te

Plus Trump "having" Covid takes the attention off everything else, like the focus on his corruption and racism and his being compromised by Russia and his psychopathic treatment of the American people in a pandemic

It probably lets him get out of the debates, he was appalling the other night and everybody knows it

nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2020 at 9:57am
Fair points, I think it's a disaster for him overall but we'll see what happens 
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2020 at 10:02am
I could be totally wrong here but I think this is all made up and an election tactic also. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 248249250251252 334>
  Share Topic