You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

U.S Politics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 247248249250251 334>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2020 at 11:00am
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

Sorry there planning but how is the horrendous abuse on what looks like an extremely large scale of immigrants in US detention centers nothing to do with US politics? Does the US government have no responsibility for this or something? It's absolutely ridiculous to suggest it has nothing to do with politics? 

It's nothing to do with politics. It's just the latest mad obscure rant posted, about hysterectomy operations on the border. The notion that Trump voters approve of it is fake news. These are now the leftie tactics. Throw as much mud as they can to see what sticks. Now he's off wheeling out allegations of assault again. My response to that is just two words long: Bill Clinton.

Case Closed.

Take away whatever the "leftie tactics" are. Do you not feel that immigrants being subjected to forced hysterectomies is horrific and needs a political response to put an immediate end to it? If something like that was happening in Ireland I would want the government addressing it, immediately putting a stop to it and prosecuting those responsible. Unless of course you feel it is made up?

Here planning do ya mind giving an auld answer there. Thanks Thumbs Up
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2020 at 11:21am
American elections are wild, I see celebrities sharing stories that Trump is first the president not to own a dog LOL

Edited by Deane - 30 Sep 2020 at 9:40am
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2020 at 1:28pm

Sorry there planning but how is the horrendous abuse on what looks like an extremely large scale of immigrants in US detention centers nothing to do with US politics? Does the US government have no responsibility for this or something? It's absolutely ridiculous to suggest it has nothing to do with politics? 

It's nothing to do with politics. It's just the latest mad obscure rant posted, about hysterectomy operations on the border. The notion that Trump voters approve of it is fake news. These are now the leftie tactics. Throw as much mud as they can to see what sticks. Now he's off wheeling out allegations of assault again. My response to that is just two words long: Bill Clinton.

Case Closed.

Take away whatever the "leftie tactics" are. Do you not feel that immigrants being subjected to forced hysterectomies is horrific and needs a political response to put an immediate end to it? If something like that was happening in Ireland I would want the government addressing it, immediately putting a stop to it and prosecuting those responsible. Unless of course you feel it is made up?

Here planning do ya mind giving an auld answer there. Thanks Thumbs Up
Trumpbots never answer questions like this because sadism is an integral part of Trumpism

You can't support Trump and not support stuff like forced hysterectomies

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2020 at 4:17am
Trump was every bit as bad as you could imagine

Won't accept the result if he loses

Openly supported white supremacist terrorists

in Frank Luntz's focus group, Ruthie from PA (upper right corner) said she was undecided coming into tonight..... but now likes Biden b/c Trump was behaving like a "crackhead" and made the debate impossible to watch

Crackhead is putting it mildly
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2020 at 8:16am

Here planning do ya mind giving an answer there. Thanks

I said I have nothing to say about hysterectomies. So the only thing I can say is that very few Trump voters have any interest in the issue. I doubt many Biden voters are interested either. They all want to know about how to fight the flubug, when will the economy recover, and will they be able to keep their job or if needed, get a new one. 

Edited by planning - 30 Sep 2020 at 8:59am
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2020 at 9:29am

I said I have nothing to say about hysterectomies. So the only thing I can say is that very few Trump voters have any interest in the issue. I doubt many Biden voters are interested either. They all want to know about how to fight the flubug, when will the economy recover, and will they be able to keep their job or if needed, get a new one. 

So because voters couldn't care less about about horrendous abuse of migrants it means that the American president shouldn't address or do something about it? That's a pretty disgraceful position to hold. 
jamo1 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2020 at 9:34am

So because voters couldn't care less about about horrendous abuse of migrants it means that the American president shouldn't address or do something about it? That's a pretty disgraceful position to hold. 
Did Obama address it? His administration set up the detention centers in the first place. 
Del Boy: You do know what a pyscopath is dont you Grandad

Grandad: Of course i know what a Pyscopath is, its a fella who dresses up in womens clothes.

Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2020 at 10:44am
I thought Biden came off poorly. At this point I wouldn't be voting for him. Not that Trump came off much better. 

I feel bad for Americans that this is their two choices.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2020 at 10:49am
Originally posted by Deane Deane wrote:

I thought Biden came off poorly. At this point I wouldn't be voting for him. Not that Trump came off much better. 

Odds on Biden on betfair come in considerably since the debate, didnt see it but surprised it affected the betting that much. 
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2020 at 10:50am

So because voters couldn't care less about about it means that the American president shouldn't address or do something about it?

It's for someone else to bang their heads about what a President should or shouldn't do about it. 

What I take issue with, is the fake news posted that specifically Trump fans/voters "want/support it", when most of them have no idea it even goes on. 
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2020 at 10:50am
Originally posted by Deane Deane wrote:

Won't disagree about the choice but Trump was making Biden out to be senile and it was clear from the debate that he is not - That's a win for Biden (though can't say anybody won the debate as such).
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2020 at 10:52am
I can't for the life of me understand why anybody would watch that.LOL Trump defends fascists and claims victory doesn't need 90 minutes of anyone's time.
Biden is an absolute ****, but anyone not thinking of voting for him, regardless of any television debate, is deranged at this stage.

In saying that, a Trump victory could lead to the revolution/civil war/armageddon that America has needed since the last one.
jamo1 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2020 at 11:00am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I can't for the life of me understand why anybody would watch that.LOL Trump defends fascists and claims victory doesn't need 90 minutes of anyone's time.
Biden is an absolute ****, but anyone not thinking of voting for him, regardless of any television debate, is deranged at this stage.

In saying that, a Trump victory could lead to the revolution/civil war/armageddon that America has needed since the last one.
So Trump winning another democratically elected term could lead to civil war? Sounds a bit like a fella in the 1930s rising to power in Germany? Everything the left is against isn't it??
Del Boy: You do know what a pyscopath is dont you Grandad

Grandad: Of course i know what a Pyscopath is, its a fella who dresses up in womens clothes.

the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2020 at 11:01am
Originally posted by jamo1 jamo1 wrote:

Did Obama address it? His administration set up the detention centers in the first place. 

Was there any evidence that this was happening on his watch and that his administration was aware of it and did nothing? If there was, then that is equally as disgraceful. Hard to beat the auld bit of whataboutism
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2020 at 11:02am

So because voters couldn't care less about about it means that the American president shouldn't address or do something about it?

It's for someone else to bang their heads about what a President should or shouldn't do about it. 

What I take issue with, is the fake news posted that specifically Trump fans/voters "want/support it", when most of them have no idea it even goes on. 

This is the US politics thread, discussing what a US President should or shouldn't do is fundamental to discussing US politics I would have thought. 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2020 at 11:14am
Originally posted by jamo1 jamo1 wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

So Trump winning another democratically elected term could lead to civil war? Sounds a bit like a fella in the 1930s rising to power in Germany? Everything the left is against isn't it??
Godwin's law. Well done. They also didn't have a civil war then.

I also don't think he will win it democratically. For a start, I don't think the American system is democratic, but I think that it is clear that he is willing to break rules within that system to win.
Also, how he uses that power has far more in common with Germany of the '30s,so that's a silly comparison and one that tries to make people who are often merely centre-right liberal conservatives to be the real fascists, or whatever twist of logic that is applied by this new echo chamber of idiots. We live in very stupid times.

As an aside, it depends where on the actual left you are. Many, on the real left, not the pretend American one which is really centre-right, have no problem with the armed overthrow of regimes, so you clearly have a misunderstanding of the left, the right, 1930s Germany and the current situation in America. You are perfectly informed to support Team Trump. Add your hashing here.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2020 at 12:00pm
Anybody who believes comparing Trump to Hitler at this stage isn't appropriate isn't paying attention

James Mattis compared him to Hitler for fook's sake and he was Trump's defence secretary

Edited by sid waddell - 30 Sep 2020 at 12:00pm
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2020 at 1:04pm
History suggests that these debates are not crucial but Trump got the worst of it, the Twitter bully persona will not have impressed what few waverers still exist in the swing states that decide USA elections. Suburban women in particular will have been further alienated. They would not tolerate one of their own children carrying on like that. Also, the ' Slow Joe' and 'Sleepy Joe' insults set the bar so low that it was easy for Biden to look capable. Meanwhile, the rest of the world looks on in pity as the USA populace is once again subjected to fear and distraction. The Proud Boys may well 'stand by' at the behest of the Mad King but when the gunsmoke has cleared next month, I stand by my previous prediction of a blue wave with the Democrats taking the Presidency, Senate and Congress.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 247248249250251 334>
  Share Topic