You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

U.S Politics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 334>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2016 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Obama to name his Supreme Court today. Let's see how much a bigger bunch of racist dicks the GOP can become.

<span style="font-family: Calibri, sans-serif; font-size: 11pt; line-height: 107%;">
</span>
<span style="font-family: Calibri, sans-serif; font-size: 11pt; line-height: 107%;">
</span>
<span style="font-family: Calibri, sans-serif; font-size: 11pt; line-height: 107%;">Haven’t followed the supreme court appointment
that closely but this is a good overview of the situation. I do think even if
Obama appoints Garland who according to this article is liked by the
Republicans (according to this article) they’ll refuse it anyway because it’s
Obama appointing him Ermm</span>

Trump said "Delay, delay, delay".

Obama loves the #bantz so he's nominated former Republican Congress leader Tom DeLay. 

The Republicans have gone apesh*t. 

Sid

Edited by Denis Irwin - 16 Mar 2016 at 1:45pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2016 at 1:53pm
When has Chomsky ever been anything but correct?
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2016 at 4:16pm

Donald Trump

“So the highly overrated anchor, @megynkelly, is allowed to constantly say bad things about me on her show, but I can't fight back? Wrong!

He’s like a 5 year old child fighting with journalists on twitter LOL

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2016 at 4:41pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2016 at 2:01am

Clap - It's really going to happen. G'wan Mr Trump!.. Soon to be President Trump.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2016 at 10:01am
Delighted that rat fcuk slimeball Ted Cruz has dropped out. He's a lot more dangerous than Trump no matter what bluster Trump comes out with.Trump is traditionally more of a democrat originally and the Republican establishment are terrified of him getting it.

I have to admit this Republican election is fantastic entertainment. Trump is thin skinned and can't take criticism but he's actually pretty witty and has hammered all his rivals.

It reminds me of Homer running for sanitation commissioner.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2016 at 11:33am
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2016 at 1:27pm
RoyD View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoyD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2016 at 1:36pm
They are just like characters from South Park. 
heighway2heaven View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2016 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjPmzw1SbBk#action=share LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

MURICA LOLLOLLOL

To be honest, I pity them. What an incredibly fearful people. 

http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2016 at 6:23pm
If it's Trump vs Hilary I wouldn't be so sure it'll be the landslide victory democrats seem to think it will.

Like Trump Hilary is a divisive figure in her own party. She runs people up the wrong way irrespective of her being a very pro corporate/pro bank democrat.

I do think there's a bigger chance of Sanders supporters cutting off their nose to spite their face in not voting for Hilary as opposed to Republican voters who will when push comes to shove vote for Trump. This is Trumps greatest chance to defeat Hilary.

If Hilary has Elizabeth Warren as her Vice President running mate she'll get the Sanders demographic and should win the election. I hope she does but Trump would be some craic as President
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2016 at 6:37pm
See, Trump and Sanders both appealed to the same demographic, in certain ways. Disaffected urban white poor. Their protectionist stance, and favour of "protecting American jobs", albeit in different ways, appealed to the same people. Sanders with his promises of a better minimum wage, trade protectionism and standing up against Wall Street, and Trump with his promises of stopping illegal immigration, deporting those there and standing up to China.... they speak to the same people, albeit in different ways.

There will be some Sanders voters who will choose Trump over Clinton, anyway, although it is still clearly Hilary's to lose. What will win it for her is states with large African American and Latino populations: she'll get a boost with minority voters in Virginia, North Carolina and Florida, in particular, among swing states.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2016 at 7:15pm

If it's Trump vs Hilary I wouldn't be so sure it'll be the landslide victory democrats seem to think it will.

Like Trump Hilary is a divisive figure in her own party. She runs people up the wrong way irrespective of her being a very pro corporate/pro bank democrat.

I do think there's a bigger chance of Sanders supporters cutting off their nose to spite their face in not voting for Hilary as opposed to Republican voters who will when push comes to shove vote for Trump. This is Trumps greatest chance to defeat Hilary.

If Hilary has Elizabeth Warren as her Vice President running mate she'll get the Sanders demographic and should win the election. I hope she does but Trump would be some craic as President

Clinton and Trump would be an interesting battle as there are huge similarities between them. Hilary is really a moderate Republican running for the democrats and, if you cut through all the headline grabbing rhetoric, a lot of Trump's economic policies are ostensibly Liberal, they are not that far away from Hilary's ex-husband's. I would argue that the headline rhetoric is primarily a vote getting strategy. Much of it cannot be done no matter who the president , so if he does win he can blame the system. Of course finding this out is a huge risk for many in the US! Not sure I would take my chances! Here are a few good articles, especially the one on Hilary and a video about the risks of Trump from Chomsky from a q and a he did about two months back.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2016 at 7:18pm
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2016 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

See, Trump and Sanders both appealed to the same demographic, in certain ways. Disaffected urban white poor. Their protectionist stance, and favour of "protecting American jobs", albeit in different ways, appealed to the same people. Sanders with his promises of a better minimum wage, trade protectionism and standing up against Wall Street, and Trump with his promises of stopping illegal immigration, deporting those there and standing up to China.... they speak to the same people, albeit in different ways.

There will be some Sanders voters who will choose Trump over Clinton, anyway, although it is still clearly Hilary's to lose. What will win it for her is states with large African American and Latino populations: she'll get a boost with minority voters in Virginia, North Carolina and Florida, in particular, among swing states.

Tbh SD I think it's more of a case that Bernie's voters will just not vote which benefits Trump anyway. If more people voted I don't think the modern day Republican party would win an election.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2016 at 9:58pm

Clinton and Trump would be an interesting battle as there are huge similarities between them. Hilary is really a moderate Republican running for the democrats and, if you cut through all the headline grabbing rhetoric, a lot of Trump's economic policies are ostensibly Liberal, they are not that far away from Hilary's ex-husband's. I would argue that the headline rhetoric is primarily a vote getting strategy. Much of it cannot be done no matter who the president , so if he does win he can blame the system. Of course finding this out is a huge risk for many in the US! Not sure I would take my chances! Here are a few good articles, especially the one on Hilary and a video about the risks of Trump from Chomsky from a q and a he did about two months back.

Would agree with you here.

Trump isn't a natural conservative which is why the GOP establishment is frightened off a candidate that's erratic and doesn't answer to them.He has his father's money so he doesn't need anything else and he's too selfish to carry out any other agenda but his own one.

I watch Bill Maher (Zionist scumbag) as I do agree with a lot of his views in other cases and he perfectly summarised Hilary as a "Republican's Democrat".

I wouldn't be in the 'Hilary is a demon' camp but would obviously prefer Bernie.

Still no matter who the President is there'll always be 3 certainties:

100% unconditional support for Israel.
No proper reform on gun control
500 billion + a year on the military.

I'd rather Hilary than Trump as she's the lesser of 2 evils.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2016 at 10:02pm

Tbh SD I think it's more of a case that Bernie's voters will just not vote which benefits Trump anyway. If more people voted I don't think the modern day Republican party would win an election.

There are a myriad of reasons for the low voter turnout, but why the f**k do they vote on a Tuesday??

rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2016 at 10:21pm

There are a myriad of reasons for the low voter turnout, but why the f**k do they vote on a Tuesday??

Tradition as traveling to voting centers by horse drawn carriage didn't interfere with Sundays or market days. There have been calls to change it but donest look likely.

Edited by rossieman - 05 May 2016 at 10:21pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 334>
  Share Topic