You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

St. Patricks Athletic FC thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8283848586 91>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2023 at 1:31pm
I’d have pats as favourites only because we couldn’t win an argument atm, forms gone right off. Pats have the better defence too by a good stretch. Mf and up front we’d be even enough if bucko were fit, without him we’re a little too polite.
Should be a good final, really looking forward to it.

No Pasaran!
Sponsored Links

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2023 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

I think the Bohs heads on here are getting the excuses in early Tongue

Pats are certainly not "firm" or "sizable" favourites given how closely the teams are matched. The league games this season were even enough. Pats won 2 of the 4 fixtures to Bohs single win but you could argue Bohs really should've have won the second game at Richmond back in August that ended in a draw.  

There's more incentive for Bohs to win on Sunday but Pats will obviously still be up for it too. 

Dylan Connolly is a huge danger down that right side. Been impressed with his performances against Pats this season.  
No Buckley or Kacper and a team in no form whatsoever is where Bohs are it. They’re not excuses, I wish I was more positive!

Edited by 9fingers - 31 Oct 2023 at 1:45pm
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2023 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

I think the Bohs heads on here are getting the excuses in early Tongue

Pats are certainly not "firm" or "sizable" favourites given how closely the teams are matched. The league games this season were even enough. Pats won 2 of the 4 fixtures to Bohs single win but you could argue Bohs really should've have won the second game at Richmond back in August that ended in a draw.  

There's more incentive for Bohs to win on Sunday but Pats will obviously still be up for it too. 

Dylan Connolly is a huge danger down that right side. Been impressed with his performances against Pats this season.  
No Buckley or Kacper and a team in no form whatsoever is where Bohs are it. They’re not excuses, I wish I was more positive!

Missing a couple of key players is one thing but I'd be very surprised if Bohs's poor form in the league will have any bearing in a final. It'll be a close match anyway even if Pats were missing one or two of their best players. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Rolling boh View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolling boh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2023 at 2:00pm
last time I made Pats marginal  favs think they are a bit stronger favs this time . I  think Bohs will have    to get a fair old rub of the green to win which is of course possible  but  chances are they will fall short .
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2023 at 2:18pm
Pats have been in good form of late last friday aside although they matched Rovers who were a bit flattered the by the scoreline, and Pats are assured of Europe so can rest players this weekend ahead of the cup final. Bohs a bit patchy of late and Buckley is a big loss. If they miss out on Europe through the league, the pressure will ramp up to win the cup. I'd probably lean towards Pats slightly because I think they'll be less likely to freeze on the day. 
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2023 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by Rolling boh Rolling boh wrote:

last time I made Pats marginal  favs think they are a bit stronger favs this time . I  think Bohs will have    to get a fair old rub of the green to win which is of course possible  but  chances are they will fall short .

I think Bohs would've won that final if Georgie Kelly didn't go off injured. He played very well that day so I fear Bohs will be due a bit of luck. Wink
Rolling boh View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolling boh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2023 at 3:51pm
possibly  could have won the way things were going for Georgie  he was in some form that season .I just think Pats are that bit better and the lads that are certain to miss out are huge losses  to us .
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2023 at 8:39pm
we’ll miss bucko for sure, not kacper though, young byrne is far better, more aggressive. The two polish cbs have been a real weak link this season. Along with talbots flaky nonsense and the fact our full backs can’t clear a ball.
Shocking that our large and well paid coaching staff plus our dof can’t see this is appalling tbh. Next season needs to start with a keeper and four dirty ****s being signed.
No Pasaran!
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2023 at 9:50pm
Very poor tonight. 3 - 0 flattered Pats. Could've easily have been 5. 

Hopefully all will be forgiven Sunday week. 
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2023 at 10:36pm

Very poor tonight. 3 - 0 flattered Pats. Could've easily have been 5. 

Hopefully all will be forgiven Sunday week. 
f**k it. All about next Sunday.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2023 at 10:51pm
Stuck a bet on pat's at 7-1. I very seldom gamble but was worth it at that price.

Pats didn't show up.
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2023 at 11:59am
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

Stuck a bet on pat's at 7-1. I very seldom gamble but was worth it at that price.

Pats didn't show up.
Didn’t try a leg. Understandable with a cup final next week.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2023 at 7:25pm
Lovin it, lovin it,loving it!! ❤️🤍

Daly deserves every bit of credit for rescuing a potentially disastrous campaign into European qualification with two games to spare and the cup win despite having the best centre back at the club missing for half the season. 

Dean Lyness for me is an under appreciated gem. Solid as a rock if an unspectacular goalie. Hope he stays for the next few years. 
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2023 at 8:32pm
congrats pats fans, deserved that. We are truly sh*t.
No Pasaran!
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2023 at 10:08pm
Pat's really do have some exciting young players coming through. Great to see
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2023 at 4:02am

Lovin it, lovin it,loving it!! ❤️🤍

Daly deserves every bit of credit for rescuing a potentially disastrous campaign into European qualification with two games to spare and the cup win despite having the best centre back at the club missing for half the season. 

Dean Lyness for me is an under appreciated gem. Solid as a rock if an unspectacular goalie. Hope he stays for the next few years. 

Lyness is a very calm keeper and that helps his defenders too. Never looks flustered. Compare that to what Talbot is like (not so much yesterday but throughout the season).
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2023 at 3:31pm
The Wolfe tones in mcdowalls yesterday will take some beating.

Absolute madness
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2023 at 2:20pm

Ruairi Keating joins Pats to add to Brandon Kavanagh and Cian Kavanagh. Impressive stuff. Great to get the business done early. 
El Puto Amo
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8283848586 91>
  Share Topic