Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

St. Patricks Athletic FC thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6970717273 89>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2023 at 10:11pm
Lovely dinked finish by Forrester this evening. Pats should have got another 2/3 goals tonight. 

Two pretty winnable games up next against Cork & Drogheda. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Sponsored Links

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2023 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

It was a bit of a nothing game tonight. A routine win which was badly needed but Pats quite fortunate especially with the second goal where the UCD keeper had a shocker. The third goal was well worked. Mulraney was a class apart, he was much too good for the right back to handle. Anyway the 3 points were needed and the crowd was quite decent considering the weather

I actually he's a step up from this level from what I've seen of him. The amount of space he makes from himself on the ball even taking into account the woeful effort from the UCD defence to close him down. 

McClelland played very well but UCD were awful tonight. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2023 at 10:36pm
Mulraney the difference tonight. Cork had a decent 15 minute spel after half time. McClellends goal killed the game.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2023 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Mulraney the difference tonight. Cork had a decent 15 minute spel after half time. McClellends goal killed the game.
I was at it last night, Mulraney is a star. Exactly the player that City were missing, outlet ball who could carry it up the pitch. City looked very agricultureal, awful lot of long balls.
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2023 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

I was at it last night, Mulraney is a star. Exactly the player that City were missing, outlet ball who could carry it up the pitch. City looked very agricultureal, awful lot of long balls.
Keating was unlucky with his effort. Thought it was in at the time. Cork looked good in spells just lacked something in midfield.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2023 at 9:12pm

Mulraney off injured early on and now Redmond gone with his hamstring also Ouch
El Puto Amo
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2023 at 10:03pm
Happy enough with the 3 points. Deserved win even if the game was in the balance right up until the last minute. 
Hopefully the injuries aren’t serious or long term
El Puto Amo
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2023 at 10:21pm

Great 3 points for Pats. Very entertaining game. Loads of action, mistakes, attacking intent and dodgy decisions in front of a full house.
Bohs could have got a point out of it which would have been impressive given they had 10 men for most of the game. Pats a bit too passive in the second half. Anyway, we were due a bit of luck 😁.
Somehow we are second in the league 🤔 
El Puto Amo
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2023 at 10:24pm
How did Adam Murphy do?
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2023 at 11:20pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

How did Adam Murphy do?

He was decent. He’s looked promising generally when he’s played. Do you know him?
El Puto Amo
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2023 at 11:27pm

Great 3 points for Pats. Very entertaining game. Loads of action, mistakes, attacking intent and dodgy decisions in front of a full house.
Bohs could have got a point out of it which would have been impressive given they had 10 men for most of the game. Pats a bit too passive in the second half. Anyway, we were due a bit of luck 😁.
Somehow we are second in the league 🤔 
Pats were brilliant for 15 minutes! Mental game, had absolutely everything, the Flores red looks correct on replays but I’ve never seen a red a given after advantage played. And it was a bohs throw as well & he overturned that LOL
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2023 at 12:01am
red all day for me, he played advantage correctly as per the rules, couldn’t understand the reversal of the throw in though? 
 Mad stuff all night, I do feel ref’s are a bit quick with the yellows sometimes but then again the big no 2 for pats was hanging out of Afolabi all night without even a free! Hope the person who needed attention in the stand is ok, that incident kind of killed our challenge I think, just shaping up for a set piece place going mental and it all just stops, a weird feeling.
Great game though .
No Pasaran!
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2023 at 12:06am
Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

red all day for me, he played advantage correctly as per the rules, couldn’t understand the reversal of the throw in though? 
 Mad stuff all night, I do feel ref’s are a bit quick with the yellows sometimes but then again the big no 2 for pats was hanging out of Afolabi all night without even a free! Hope the person who needed attention in the stand is ok, that incident kind of killed our challenge I think, just shaping up for a set piece place going mental and it all just stops, a weird feeling.
Great game though .

The free kick was going in till it hit afolabi...that kind of night unfortunately 
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2023 at 4:46am
Pats midfield completely overran ours in the first half but then lost all control in the 2nd half. 

Lyness made some big saves. Pats are definitely a different side with him in goal.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2023 at 6:11am

Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

How did Adam Murphy do?

He was decent. He’s looked promising generally when he’s played. Do you know him?
my lad was in his age group so would have seen him play from u8 onwards 
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2023 at 6:47am
He was a bit sloppy on the ball for the first 20 minutes or so but grew into the game more as Forrester and Lennon started to run the midfield. Physically doesn’t look out of place anyway.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2023 at 12:14pm
El Puto Amo
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2023 at 8:46pm

Rovers comfortable in that half. Pats not getting tight enough in midfield 
El Puto Amo
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6970717273 89>
  Share Topic