Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

St. Patricks Athletic FC thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5556575859 91>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2022 at 11:51pm
Good signing alright. What would he be on i wonder?
I love beer gardens
Sponsored Links

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2022 at 3:00am
He would probably be best paid player at Pats now. Guessing but maybe about 1k a week basic
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2022 at 6:00am
Seeing as Pats' offer was bigger than the offer Rovers made, I'd imagine it's a fair bit more than 1k a week.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2022 at 6:42am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Seeing as Pats' offer was bigger than the offer Rovers made, I'd imagine it's a fair bit more than 1k a week.
On a hell of a lot more than 1k LOL 
Anto Breslin moved from Bohs after Pats offered him 1200 a week, crazy money. 
Would expect Doyle to be on around 5k, much like JB & Towell at Rovers. 

Edited by 9fingers - 08 Jan 2022 at 6:42am
saintjoey View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintjoey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2022 at 12:37pm
He's not on 5k a week you mad thing. Half it and yer nearly right 
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2022 at 11:12am
Originally posted by saintjoey saintjoey wrote:

Do you actually believe that? Average league 1 wage was around €5k and Doyle had offers from there and from Rovers (who have no problem paying 4k+) but you reckon he chose to take a 50% drop in his wages? LOL
He’s a great signing and will score plenty but let’s be realistic here, money has gone mad in the LOI in the last 12, case in point, Breslin. 
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2022 at 1:44am
Money been thrown around by again it seems. Celtic tiger esque. Same up North, some big numbers flying around there too. Well run community clubs just need to wait for next recsession  to get their chance at success, when the sugar daddy money dries up is when others who are well run can flourish. 
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2022 at 4:11am
Shane Supple spoke about it on LOI Weekly before Christmas.

Players have the power in this window due to clubs competing against each other for signings. Not sure on figures but average players are meant to be getting big offers this year, way above what they would normally get.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
saintjoey View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintjoey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2022 at 8:42am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Originally posted by saintjoey saintjoey wrote:

Do you actually believe that? Average league 1 wage was around €5k and Doyle had offers from there and from Rovers (who have no problem paying 4k+) but you reckon he chose to take a 50% drop in his wages? LOL
He’s a great signing and will score plenty but let’s be realistic here, money has gone mad in the LOI in the last 12, case in point, Breslin. 

You can believe what you want, He is not on near 5k a week that's a fact
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2022 at 10:42am
Originally posted by GoneToShowgies GoneToShowgies wrote:

Money been thrown around by again it seems. Celtic tiger esque. Same up North, some big numbers flying around there too. Well run community clubs just need to wait for next recsession  to get their chance at success, when the sugar daddy money dries up is when others who are well run can flourish. 

Sligo seem to have a particular issue with how Pats go about our business.

We have won as much as anyone else at underage level and progressed kids through as much as any one else.

We are pretty much the only club not to have any major threat to our existence in the last four decades bar UCD. 

Are you saying Pats aren't well run? 
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2022 at 10:43am
Some of the numbers about Doyle are crazy.

He has significant business interests in Dublin and at 33 wanted to come home. Surely anyone can see that it suits both parties? 
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2022 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

Originally posted by GoneToShowgies GoneToShowgies wrote:

Sligo seem to have a particular issue with how Pats go about our business.

We have won as much as anyone else at underage level and progressed kids through as much as any one else.

We are pretty much the only club not to have any major threat to our existence in the last four decades bar UCD. 

Are you saying Pats aren't well run? 

To be fair Im not sure how you picked up all that from my post. I didnt mention anything about Pats not being well run or they dont bring through youth. My point wass a general observation about how silly money is back in Irish football, North and South. 
The last time we were successful was a combination of a few things and one of those was a recession. The spare cash that sugar daddies put into clubs when times are good dried up and as a club that is well run from a community level, we were in prime position to step in an take advantage. 

Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2022 at 4:54pm
Half a million up front plus add ons for James Abankwah to Udinese.

Back on loan too.

Better business 
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2022 at 5:34pm

Back on loan too.

Better business 

Jesus that's some fee. Must be close to  record for an LOI player

Edited by Denis Irwin - 25 Jan 2022 at 5:34pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2022 at 5:39pm

Back on loan too.

Better business 
Well done James and Pats.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2022 at 6:35pm
That’s an amazing fee in fairness 
BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2022 at 6:37pm
Hopefully not in Lira !! The only time I was a millionaire in my life. World Cup 1990
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2022 at 7:38pm
looks a smashing player that lad, very impressed any time I’ve seen him he reminds me of Paul McGrath the way he picks his passes from defence. No pressure kid.
No Pasaran!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5556575859 91>
  Share Topic