Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

St. Patricks Athletic FC thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627 89>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

The plans also include a Rehab Centre and a Needle Dispensary.
And something Tallaght will never need; a place to keep the FAI Cup every now and again...
Sponsored Links

Daragho View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daragho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by Tony Cousins Tony Cousins wrote:

Originally posted by Daragho Daragho wrote:

Also, where is Garrett Kelleher getting the money from? His financial situation has been well covered in the media over the years, and it doesn't appear he's flush with cash.

He also has to spend a lot of money on trying to keep the 8th.

Smile
Don't get me started on that. It's always something I'm not entirely comfortable with...
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 4:27pm

Why is this going to be an all seater stadium anyway. They are fookin rubbish. It should be a modern stadium with safe standing areas included. If the ground is going to be 80% empty for the majority of Saints games then they need to consider how to position supporters to generate atmosphere. I'd sooner have 1200 in the current Richmond set up where I can stand on the Camac side and have a bit of craic rather than be part of 2,000 supporters spread out around a cavernous new ground that's purpose built for its state of the art Lidl. 

El Puto Amo
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 4:47pm
I recall years ago a game between Manchester United and Strum Graz was broadcast from the Arnold Schwarzenegger Stadium in Graz, and one RTÉ commentator suggesting that LOI Clubs should use the Stadium as a blueprint. At the time I thought that was quite sensible, but now I'm not so sure.

I have no issue with the redevelopment of Dalymount Park. I think given its spiritual link to Irish football, it could have some good pull, while also being in almost constant use thanks to Shels and Bohs. The stadium could also return to holding concerts as it once did. Bu in reality, we only need one Stadium like that. I think a refurbished Richmond Park with a sensible capacity would have a much greater impact, in the long run.

Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

I recall years ago a game between Manchester United and Strum Graz was broadcast from the Arnold Schwarzenegger Stadium in Graz, and one RTÉ commentator suggesting that LOI Clubs should use the Stadium as a blueprint. At the time I thought that was quite sensible, but now I'm not so sure.

I have no issue with the redevelopment of Dalymount Park. I think given its spiritual link to Irish football, it could have some good pull, while also being in almost constant use thanks to Shels and Bohs. The stadium could also return to holding concerts as it once did. Bu in reality, we only need one Stadium like that. I think a refurbished Richmond Park with a sensible capacity would have a much greater impact, in the long run.

surely that's a decision for the private money which is funding this? I personally think 8-10k would be sufficient. From the clubs perspective I would be keen to see the ownership structure. That's the real risk for the club imo.
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 6:58pm
This all sounds a bit like the drogs nightmare from a few years ago
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 7:57pm
Yep fantastic idea just hope something comes off for Pats really , exciting times i must say Thumbs Up
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 9:22pm
Id give this stadium the same chance as finn harps one been built. Ill believe it when i see it in the flesh.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Id give this stadium the same chance as finn harps one been built. Ill believe it when i see it in the flesh.
Surely bricks and mortar would be more appropriate?
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 11:04pm
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

Cautious optimism in this.

What makes me believe this is genuine is GK is not a small player and the club president is a retired secretary General of the department of sport and transport.
My first question would be on what terms would we have rights to the ground? Freeholders, long lease perhaps? Delighted with the ambition being shown all the same. 

RTE news report said Dublin City council would be putting out tender proposals for the land in the coming weeks, so really all Pats/the lads behind the plan have done so far is jumped the queue (the news report confirmed that they have not received any other submissions/plans). There probably will be other submissions, not least from other developers who will put the emphasis on more housing/larger element of social housing in the hope of swaying DCC to that particular vision and away from Kelleher's one. That's before we get in to the other cast iron certainty of Irish planning law, the objections. 

Have to say, it looks a great idea in theory, getting retail units to help sustain the football club, and it's an ambitious and innovative plan, even if like most, I think the proposed capacity looks on the large side. I don't know much about Kelleher, but if I were a Pats fan, the worry I'd have is that if his plan gets knocked on the head (and in the current political climate, DCC could well go for an alternative option that provides more housing in the area) , he will throw his hat at the whole thing & walk away saying the club by itself isn't sustainable. 

He has certainly put his money where his mouth is in relation to keeping Pats going for years, but at the end of the day, most of these type lads are businessmen first & fans second. He has played a long waiting game on this one from his own financial point of view, but if he can't see a personal financial improvement coming somewhere after all this time, he may start having other thoughts on his ownership. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 11:26pm
This is a pipe dream. Can't see it ever happening. In the current climate a developer who proposes building more houses and apartments instead of this stadium will win out. 
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 7:05am
Think the point you are missing here lads is that this is in effect a land swap. The same amount of houses can be built given that the current ground will then become available for development. It's probably even more suitable to higher density given it is below street level. Time will tell. 

Still hasn't been confirmed who will own the development afterwards. 
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 8:39am
How long before the Galiban produce their plans for the SMH site ?
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 8:57am
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Get over it ffs LOLEmbarrassed

Was it 10 years now even more

Edited by Denis Irwin - 12 Apr 2018 at 8:58am
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Tony Cousins View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Cousins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 10:13am
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

no surrender.

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 10:14am

He has a point though, the ****s expect and demand everything because they usually get it. It is something to be wary of.
That was also the only time I supported Shamrock Rovers!
UCDFAN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UCDFAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

He has a point though, the ****s expect and demand everything because they usually get it. It is something to be wary of.
That was also the only time I supported Shamrock Rovers !

What a waste, there was no need to, South Dublin CC was the patient party that built the Stadium even after Shamrock Rovers FC brought SDCC to the Irish High Court. Trust the Municipality.

There was social housing on the land there as St. Michael's estate, activity there contributed to St. Pat's 'junkie' nickname. Part of society is local amenities, a European-known FC in the locality would be seen as part of positive society.

The stadium on top of shopping area, only one floor up though. Not as tall as Voždovac FK in Belgrade. For me it's a question of what type of plastic materials will be used for the pitch.
www.ucdsupporters.ie
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

This is a pipe dream. Can't see it ever happening. In the current climate a developer who proposes building more houses and apartments instead of this stadium will win out. 

Look at the cranes, they are building hotels and office blocks. 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627 89>
  Share Topic