You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

St. Patricks Athletic FC thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 89>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2018 at 8:32pm
Just watched Pats disallowed goal....
Sponsored Links

The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2018 at 10:23pm
Has there been any confirmation on why it was disallowed?
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 11:10am

Seems like I missed a classic in the league cup in Richmond last night. A 4-4 draw followed by Dundalk winning 8-7 on penos. Both teams rested players but it must have been an entertaining game. 
Was anyone on here at the match?
El Puto Amo
eboue16 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eboue16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 12:01pm
Soft goal given away at start. Passed back to keeper, bit of a bobble and blocked down by the striker.
Keeper never looked confident with ball at feet all evening.

Fagan scored a peach (Haven't seen it back on video but it looked beautiful from where I was)

Markey played very well and was always looking to move forward. Shame he was the one to miss the peno. When Doona shunted out to the left at start of 2nd half was when Pats got back into it. 

Threw it away really. Had Dundalk on the ropes on more than one occasion
"He f**ked me over and my attitude is an eye for an eye."
Roy Keane
Talking about Alf Inge Haaland tackle
saintjoey View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintjoey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 1:14pm
Great game,thought pats were the better team overall. Markey was outstanding pity he missed the pen. Dundalk scoring on 120th min was tough on the lads. Doona out wide was very good. Not the end of the world going out here but disappointed all the same
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 7:27am
Very ambitious plans by the junkies to build a 12k stadium in Michael's. No chance this comes off for them (at least as they've pitched it)
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 7:45am
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Very ambitious plans by the junkies to build a 12k stadium in Michael's. No chance this comes off for them (at least as they've pitched it)

My first reaction is worry here 
El Puto Amo
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 7:53am
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 8:35am
Some big plans alright, would be great if they pulled it off, even a scaled down version

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 8:49am
Where are they after getting 12000 fans from? 
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 9:06am

I hope this isn't going to turn into a "we need to raise funds for the state of the art stadium by first building gaffs on the existing one" type situation as we have heard touted in Bray.
I haven't heard anything about this project prior to today so are there any Saints on here with more info to ease my fears. 

El Puto Amo
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 9:14am
Richmond Road to be turned into apartments and Pats playing in Tallaght by 2024. You heard it here first
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 9:35am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Richmond Road to be turned into apartments and Pats playing in Tallaght by 2024. You heard it here first

Don't think there's any room in Drumcondra tbh.

Pat's fans right to be wary until further clarification is given.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Daragho View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daragho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 9:44am
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

I hope this isn't going to turn into a "we need to raise funds for the state of the art stadium by first building gaffs on the existing one" type situation as we have heard touted in Bray.
I haven't heard anything about this project prior to today so are there any Saints on here with more info to ease my fears. 

I've only heard as much as you. There were a few whispers going around recently that something like this would be announced.

I mean, we've been here before. Actually, with people queuing to buy houses yesterday and Pats announcing plans to build a big new stadium in St.Michael's Estate, it feels like the boom is back!

12,000 seats is very ambitious. Maybe the plan is to negotiate with Dublin City Council and agree on something more realistic. I certainly don't think anything more than 6,000 is needed really. 

Also, where is Garrett Kelleher getting the money from? His financial situation has been well covered in the media over the years, and it doesn't appear he's flush with cash. St. Pats' President said on the radio this morning that the commercial ventures on the site will pay for the stadium entirely. But that means they have to be up and running before any cash flow begins. So where does the initial loan come from?

I'm pleased we're showing some ambition, but 'walk before you can run' comes to mind. Why haven't we appointed a Commercial or Marketing Manager over the last few years? Why haven't we renovated the toilets and other facilities to make Richmond Park more attractive to potential fans?
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 10:02am
Originally posted by Daragho Daragho wrote:

Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

I've only heard as much as you. There were a few whispers going around recently that something like this would be announced.

I mean, we've been here before. Actually, with people queuing to buy houses yesterday and Pats announcing plans to build a big new stadium in St.Michael's Estate, it feels like the boom is back!

12,000 seats is very ambitious. Maybe the plan is to negotiate with Dublin City Council and agree on something more realistic. I certainly don't think anything more than 6,000 is needed really. 

Also, where is Garrett Kelleher getting the money from? His financial situation has been well covered in the media over the years, and it doesn't appear he's flush with cash. St. Pats' President said on the radio this morning that the commercial ventures on the site will pay for the stadium entirely. But that means they have to be up and running before any cash flow begins. So where does the initial loan come from?

I'm pleased we're showing some ambition, but 'walk before you can run' comes to mind. Why haven't we appointed a Commercial or Marketing Manager over the last few years? Why haven't we renovated the toilets and other facilities to make Richmond Park more attractive to potential fans?

Some valid points there alright. 

I suppose in regards to why the current facilities didn't get a lick of paint over the past couple of years, it would make sense not to invest in it if the plan was to demolish the ground anyway. 

I've a very uneasy feeling about the whole thing project. Hopefully further clarification arrives soon. 
El Puto Amo
savo01 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savo01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 10:56am
Delighted to see this ambition but as stated 12,000 is ridiculous.  5,000 capacity is as much as any LOI club needs bar probably Sevco Cork.
Jackie Charlton, Eoin Hand
Johnny Giles. Ireland
Mick McCarthy, Stephen Staunton
Cascarino
Tony Galvin, Niall Quinn
Packie doesn't let em in
North of Ireland
South of Ireland
Only one can go
Twoinarow View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twoinarow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 11:09am
Originally posted by savo01 savo01 wrote:

Delighted to see this ambition but as stated 12,000 is ridiculous.  5,000 capacity is as much as any LOI club needs bar probably Sevco Cork.

Exactly my thought, even when the nonsense was going around after our Euro run that we would be building a new stadium/doing up Oriel etc... to a 8,000 seater stadium was madness.

5,000 max is what any club need! Id include Cork in that, cause over past 3 years how many 5,000 plus crowds have they got?
2 in a row and we won it in Tallaght
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 11:12am
Build it and they'll come fair play to pats showing ambition the league needs better stadiums and by better stadiums I mean complete stadiums not like Tallaght or the New Brandywell. Could be used for U21 games league Cup finals and maybe if the fai tried to be a bit more ambitious an underage tournament. 
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 89>
  Share Topic