Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

St. Patricks Athletic FC thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 89>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2017 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by saintjoey saintjoey wrote:

Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

What about getting a shirt sponsor. Like whats that about.

They've announced back of short sponsor for next season yesterday

Thought it was a bit odd announcing that before main shirt sponsor
Sponsored Links

doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2017 at 5:06pm
Maybe they could wear them back to front. Fool everybody
saintjoey View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintjoey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2017 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Originally posted by saintjoey saintjoey wrote:

Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

What about getting a shirt sponsor. Like whats that about.

They've announced back of short sponsor for next season yesterday

Thought it was a bit odd announcing that before main shirt sponsor

They could well go without a main sponsor again so that's why
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 9:07pm

Saints sign Mick Leahy from Sligo. Is he decent?
El Puto Amo
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 9:08pm
I see they are playing Cabo up in Marley Pk at the weekend. Strange venue
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 9:13pm

Yeah Marley wouldn't be great for accommodating big crowds but I don't see that being a major issue on Saturday.

It's the coldest place in Ireland to play football and any sort of wind feels like a hurricane. Presumably with the forecast being the way it is, they just needed a local Astro. Would have thought that Pearce Park might have been their first choice but it was prob unavailable
El Puto Amo
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 9:15pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Yeah Marley wouldn't be great for accommodating big crowds but I don't see that being a major issue on Saturday.

It's the coldest place in Ireland to play football and any sort of wind feels like a hurricane. Presumably with the forecast being the way it is, they just needed a local Astro. Would have thought that Pearce Park might have been their first choice but it was prob unavailable

If it's the astro that Broadford play on, you're absolutely spot on, always baltic up there.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 9:21pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

If it's the astro that Broadford play on, you're absolutely spot on, always baltic up there.

Yeap that's the one. I had the dubious honour of being a sub fairly regularly up there for the Sunday side for a couple of years. Froze the ballix off myself on that sideline.
El Puto Amo
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 11:41pm
Is this the new one beside the playground in Marley????
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 7:15am
Originally posted by JUICEBOMB JUICEBOMB wrote:

Is this the new one beside the playground in Marley????
Yup
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 10:29am

I'd have happily signed him back.
He was a regular in the team and always done fine. Not spectacular but can do a job for ya. We signed Sharkey mid-season and he lost his place after that.
He is a qualified solicitor and was working part time at a local firm in Sligo town which let him train and play for Rovers when he needed. So it was best of both worlds.
Popped up with some important goals for us in the relegation run in too. Good luck to him. Nice guy aswell.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 10:39am
Originally posted by GoneToShowgies GoneToShowgies wrote:

I'd have happily signed him back.
He was a regular in the team and always done fine. Not spectacular but can do a job for ya. We signed Sharkey mid-season and he lost his place after that.
He is a qualified solicitor and was working part time at a local firm in Sligo town which let him train and play for Rovers when he needed. So it was best of both worlds.
Popped up with some important goals for us in the relegation run in too. Good luck to him. Nice guy aswell.

Cheers for that. Is he good on the ball? I'm asking as Gavin Peers didn't really work out for us partially because he struggled to play out from the back. Jordi Balk made a massive difference when he came in. Himself and Lee Desmond were both comfortable in possession. 
El Puto Amo
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 2:02pm
He's the new Lothar Matthaus. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 4:52pm

Billy D has departed for Limerick. He was actually decent in the second half of the year but I'm not too fussed about him leaving. 
El Puto Amo
dubstep View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dubstep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 7:51pm
Is Alex O'hanlon still with pats ?
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 7:54pm
Originally posted by dubstep dubstep wrote:

Is Alex O'hanlon still with pats ?

I don't think he was signed back. He wasn't great last year
El Puto Amo
dubstep View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dubstep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 8:32pm
Yeah it's a strange one. Any time I saw him play for Liverpool's youth teams he was excellent on the ball lovley player to watch . Technically gifted but went missing in games and didn't seem to have the athleticism need for the English game.

He actually turned down a contract to stay at Liverpool to sign for Pats.

Hopefully dosent drop out of football.
saintjoey View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintjoey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 9:16pm
He was signed on a 2 year deal, played well away to bohs but awful other than that. He has been released anyway
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 89>
  Share Topic