You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

5 aside Albufeira 3 Sept 15 DETAILS PAGE 1

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2015 at 3:52pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

I always wear Mary Lou's and Gerry's playing 5-aside. Lot of lads dont, whats the concensus for this?

For a wannabe brit, I have no idea what your on about here man

Pitch is 3g so astro's or runners be grand I'd imagine if you don't wanna pack the astro's, bibs will be supplied and for once I even remembered to tell him to bring a ball or 2
Sponsored Links

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2015 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by PhilliyK PhilliyK wrote:

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

I always wear Mary Lou's and Gerry's playing 5-aside. Lot of lads dont, whats the concensus for this?

For a wannabe brit, I have no idea what your on about here man

Pitch is 3g so astro's or runners be grand I'd imagine if you don't wanna pack the astro's, bibs will be supplied and for once I even remembered to tell him to bring a ball or 2
ShinnersLOL
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2015 at 11:05pm
Originally posted by BigPodge BigPodge wrote:

Originally posted by PanteirA PanteirA wrote:

Put myself and another Kerry lad down for this Philly

Deco?
No not Deco
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2015 at 11:10pm
Forgot to add the 2 lads the other day,

So teams so far
Team Niceshoes (spooninho and friends)
Team Nordie (RB, NG etc)
Team Brianie - 3 players so far
Team Kildare - 3 players so far

That then leaves Myself plus
Olliemort +1
Conormac77
Sham
The Walls
SGB's player
BigPodge
Grazza
Daboi
Killarney Celtic 2
Scamper
southsidebohs - possibly

29 players now and one possible

Keep spreading the word till we get up to 40 

batchbread View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote batchbread Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2015 at 12:25pm
Can I play lads? I'm in Albuferia all week. Decent keeper, Everton U12s wanted me but the aul lad is a staunch GAA man 😩
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2015 at 11:25pm
Course you can batch bread, details all going up on page 1 now 

Unfortunately lost 1 player to unforeseen injury so still total of 29 with batchbread

The more we get the more the prizefund so would appreciate a few social media share's of this Thumbs Up
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2015 at 12:50am
Awesome job sorting it out Philly, I shall turn up (but not playing)

Did a quick google job, average price for a pint at the connected Sports bar is €1.70 - I throw out drunken spectators for a living, I have a feeling it'll be my turn to be the drunken spectator this time LOLCool

Edited by coyne - 25 Aug 2015 at 12:51am
batchbread View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote batchbread Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2015 at 12:42pm
Nice one Philly, Great organising so far 👍
ShaneH10 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ShaneH10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2015 at 3:36pm
If you are still looking for numbers, myself and one other lad can play. Great job on organising.
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2015 at 7:30pm
Edit
Mister X + 2 playing as well now, going to allocate ye all into teams by thur or fri night so ye all know your teams before you set off Thumbs Up

So teams so far
Team Niceshoes (spooninho and friends)
Team Nordie (RB, NG etc)
Team Brianie - 3 players so far
Team Kildare - 3 players so far
Team Mister X - 3 players so far

That then leaves Myself plus
Olliemort +1
Conormac77
Sham
The Walls
SGB's player
BigPodge
Grazza
Daboi
Killarney Celtic 2
Scamper
Batchbread
ShaneH10 +1

southsidebohs - possibly

34 players now and one possible

Keep spreading the word till we get up to 40 

I threw it up to the Gibraltar FB page last night to see if any of them would be interested but apparently they have to approve the post will also tweet the gibtalk website etc but given their lack of response to emails about a fans game I'm not holding my breath on anything coming of that, the lad helping organise it in Albufeira will hopefully have a few locals so we make the magical 40 number 

Edited by PhilliyK - 25 Aug 2015 at 10:14pm
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2015 at 9:51pm
great just checked google maps and this is just across the road from my hotel my plane lands at 13.50 so ill see ye at the bar.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2015 at 10:12pm
Not playing Kev? 
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2015 at 10:14pm
Can i play? Clap
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2015 at 10:19pm
As said above on the edited post. If none of ye that know each other tell me you want to play in same team etc then I'll allocate randomly (will try to keep lads together where possible where have group of 3 and groups of 2 etc)
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2015 at 10:21pm
Originally posted by SByrne24 SByrne24 wrote:

Can i play? Clap
Now given you've told us in previous threads you wont be arriving until friday, are you trustworthy?

If you actually show up you can have my spot and I'll ref/go on the drink  Thumbs Up
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2015 at 10:23pm

Originally posted by SByrne24 SByrne24 wrote:

Can i play? Clap
Now given you've told us in previous threads you wont be arriving until friday, are you trustworthy?

If you actually show up you can have my spot and I'll ref/go on the drink  Thumbs Up

Ah i couldn't do that, Philiy! i'll see you in Savages or the arkle chap back home. You seem like a man who drinks in the arkle!
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2015 at 7:27am

Not playing Kev? 

40 years old, been about 6 years since I did anything, I'd only end up snapping a tendon or something. If someone is stuck for a gk on the day I'll jump in.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2015 at 7:36am

Edited by kevincronin2000 - 26 Aug 2015 at 7:37am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
  Share Topic