You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Unpopular Opinion Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 122123124125126 127>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razzmatazaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2024 at 11:36am
Lewis Capaldi is genuinely unpleasant to listen to. I'm not saying this as a headbanger who exclusively listens to Slipknot and Korn either. Take 90s pop artists. Take That crafted good songs. Back for Good has a genuinely good lyrical turn of phrase, melody and craftsmanship; Robbie Williams and especially Gary Barlow were respected as song writers on merit. Same to a lesser, albeit briefer, extent with the Mortimer fella from East 17. Stay Another Day is a work of art and works on several levels; I doubt most would even know it was about the suicide of his older brother. Backstreet Boys. Good, melodic songs. Well performed. Not my thing but you'd catch yourself singing along to it.

Capaldi just wails like a banshee. It's not singing. It's caterwauling. The lyrics are beyond simplistic and insincere. And not to sound crude, but the guy is horrific looking. The only positive thing about lads like Sheeran and Capaldi is that they've broken down the doors for average men in what was traditionally a very visual industry. But that's where the meritocracy begins and ends. They are devoid of meaningful talent and those of their ilk display all that's wrong with the conveyor belt that is the modern music industry.
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2024 at 12:10pm
Im not sure about the sincerity. I think theres something sincere about less flowery lyrics or blunt sounding poor english.
 I agree with the voice, but I think for some reason every singer songwriter adopts this weird kermit the frog sounding tone these days.
 As for the Visual, I think too much of the music industry has been image led and Ive never agreed with it. For instance some " Rock" bands are glorified "pop" bands who can play a few open chords. So Im glad for that evolution in the music industry
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2024 at 9:06pm
I know it's not nice to kick someone when they're down but here goes. 

Stephen Kenny is an utterly shameless individual who engaged in non-stop spin (crowd attendence/debutants) to excuse atrocious results over his tenure. 

If the FAI were insane enough to extend his contract, he still would have wanted to stay on  (as he shamelessly said after the NZ friendly) when every other previous Irish manager either knew when the writing was on the wall or just accepted it when they got the bullet. 

And most of them had a lot better competitive game records than Kenny's inexcusable one. 

Edited by irishmufc - 13 Mar 2024 at 9:07pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2024 at 9:10pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Stephen Kenny is an utterly shameless individual who engaged in non-stop spin (crowd attendence/debutants) to excuse atrocious results over his tenure. 

If the FAI were insane enough to extend his contract, he still would have wanted to stay on  (as he shamelessly said after the NZ friendly) when every other previous Irish manager either knew when the writing was on the wall or just accepted it when they got the bullet. 

And most of them had a lot better competitive game records than Kenny's inexcusable one. 

Well thats not true at all, we've had to listen to Kerr whinge for nearly 20 years and O'Neill and Keane were brazen as f**k LOL

Edited by Bandwagon - 13 Mar 2024 at 9:10pm
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2024 at 9:17pm

Jesus muff that’s not like you.  You are better than that.  Stephen is a classy guy who was just found out at the higher level.  No shame in that.  Time to move on. Hope he gets the Bohs job. 
AKA pedantic kunt
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2024 at 4:18am
Muff bumped into Kerr at Richmond and Kerr took his log-in details.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2024 at 6:30am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Jesus muff that’s not like you.  You are better than that.  Stephen is a classy guy who was just found out at the higher level.  No shame in that.  Time to move on. Hope he gets the Bohs job. 

I hope he gets the Bohs job so i can abuse him when he comes to Terryland .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2024 at 8:14am
LOL Embarrassing 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2024 at 8:49am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Muff bumped into Kerr at Richmond and Kerr took his log-in details.

LOL

Password = Crumpet 

Edited by horsebox - 14 Mar 2024 at 8:50am
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2024 at 9:27am

Agreed to an extent but if he had real class he would have walked. Maybe he's just delusional.
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2024 at 9:37am
Managers very rarely walk of their own free will. The only time I can really remember is Kevin Keegan with England when he freely admitted he didn't know how to turn things round. I'm sure there are other examples but that's the one that springs to mind.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2024 at 9:50am
Also Kenny doesn’t have f&€k off money so he has to think of his family.   His wife had a bad accident too in the last year so who knows what financial pressures there are.  
AKA pedantic kunt
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2024 at 9:53am

Doesn't every manager do that? Have you ever see a manager say "yeah I should be fired"?

Are there many managers who've been offered an extension who said "ah no, my results aren't good enough, you should give the job to someone else and let me unemployed". 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2024 at 10:02am

Also Kenny doesn’t have f&€k off money so he has to think of his family.   His wife had a bad accident too in the last year so who knows what financial pressures there are.  

The guy is a millionaire.

His wife's accident is irrelevant - she had a crash and came out of it unscathed (physically). I am sure she was fully insured too.

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2024 at 10:05am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

His wife's accident is irrelevant - she had a crash and came out of it unscathed (physically). I am sure she was fully insured too.

Why should he resign and give up that money. Also if you are a millionaire and you are not earning for 20 years that money will soon go away.  

We also don’t know if his wife experienced any loss of earnings from the crash etc.  the impacts of a serious crash go behind the physical.   

Did you defend Robbie staying on doing nothing for the FAI and getting half of what Kenny was getting for actually doing his job.  Robbie is a multi multi millionaire who could never work again and he would be fine Kenny does not have that luxury.   Why should Kenny be forced to resign.  

Where is the empathy gone in modern day society.  It’s all very harsh and vitriolic rhetoric.  The man was doing his job and was let go when his contract was up as he didn’t deserve a new contract. Why can’t it just be left as that.  

Edited by Baldrick - 14 Mar 2024 at 10:07am
AKA pedantic kunt
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2024 at 10:15am
I never said he should resign and I agree somewhat with what Muff said above in relation to the spin he put on things.

His tenure was an unmitigated disaster from start to finish - but he came out of it a very wealthy man. 

His wife's potential loss of earnings is nobody's concern.
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Godzilla View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2024 at 10:18am

Why should he resign and give up that money. Also if you are a millionaire and you are not earning for 20 years that money will soon go away.  

We also don’t know if his wife experienced any loss of earnings from the crash etc.  the impacts of a serious crash go behind the physical.   

Did you defend Robbie staying on doing nothing for the FAI and getting half of what Kenny was getting for actually doing his job.  Robbie is a multi multi millionaire who could never work again and he would be fine Kenny does not have that luxury.   Why should Kenny be forced to resign.  

Where is the empathy gone in modern day society.  It’s all very harsh and vitriolic rhetoric.  The man was doing his job and was let go when his contract was up as he didn’t deserve a new contract. Why can’t it just be left as that.  

I remember reading that his wife gave up her career to raise their 4 children.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2024 at 10:25am

I never said he should resign and I agree somewhat with what Muff said above in relation to the spin he put on things.

His tenure was an unmitigated disaster from start to finish - but he came out of it a very wealthy man. 

His wife's potential loss of earnings is nobody's concern.

Muff said he should resign.  Why should he.  Kenny has done nothing wrong other than not being up to the job.  Having the luxury of giving up money does not apply to him like 99% of people.  This is not the premier league where lads can walk away from money.   

This is a non issue and not sure why anyone would have any issue with Kenny staying on in his role unless he was sacked.  Calling him a shameless individual is OTT.  A reflection of modern day society and online culture where everything is ott negative personal comments rather than nuanced fair, balanced multi factorial, considered comments.  No sense of fair play and decency. 

Edited by Baldrick - 14 Mar 2024 at 10:28am
AKA pedantic kunt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 122123124125126 127>
  Share Topic