You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Unpopular Opinion Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 128>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Patman Scoop View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patman Scoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2024 at 11:05am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

If you didn’t enjoy the champions league games this week you don’t like football. 

I missed all 4 games to watch Leeds v Sunderland and Ipswich v Watford , 2 scoreless draws Dead
Why no wine??!
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2024 at 10:54am

If you didn’t enjoy the champions league games this week you don’t like football. 
Or you're a united/Liverpool fan. 

Edited by eireland - 11 Apr 2024 at 10:55am
Mush Cassidys Donkey View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mush Cassidys Donkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2024 at 10:36am

this. outstanding games this week to watch. 
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2024 at 10:33am

I didn't even watch them.

Do you always feel a need to stick your oar into everyone of my posts?  Why is that?
I think you have unresolved issues.

Feel free to reach out for help. 
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2024 at 10:28am
AKA pedantic kunt
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2024 at 10:23am
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Despite four pretty entertaining quarter final ties, the Champions League is becoming more boring and less appealing to your average football fan by the year.

I literally didn't watch any of the games of the last 16 or this week. Will probably watch the return leg.

The loss of the away goals rule has taken a lot of interest away in the first game for me.

TBH football in general its impossible to have the same interest  you had as a kid or young adult.
All it is is ''who will win it this season.''  But when you've seen 30+ seasons of football who gives a sh*tLOL

The international qualifiers aren't as good either with the Nations League.  There's less importance on them knowing there's a safety net of the NL.

Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2024 at 10:10am
Despite four pretty entertaining quarter final ties, the Champions League is becoming more boring and less appealing to your average football fan by the year.
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2024 at 9:35am
Originally posted by razzmatazaz razzmatazaz wrote:

Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Fantastic movie,  I think it was just released at the wrong time period for Carrey  he was just off the back of Ace Ventura Dumb and dumber and got bad reviews due it's dark tone and not similar to his I'm a idiot with a funny face persona.

Never seen it Jeff.  Carrey is on my black list of movies.  Can't watch any films with him in it.

Im the same with Nicholas Cage or Andy Garcia
Things to Do in Denver When You're Dead is a great movie. Not sure I've seen him in anything else. I get Nicolas Cage is an acquired taste but he's in his element in Con Air and Face/Off. I think Bringing Out the Dead is one of Scorsese's worst movies but he was alright in that as well IIRC.

Gone in 60 Seconds is pretty much a cult classic now too.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2024 at 9:12pm

Fantastic movie,  I think it was just released at the wrong time period for Carrey  he was just off the back of Ace Ventura Dumb and dumber and got bad reviews due it's dark tone and not similar to his I'm a idiot with a funny face persona.

Never seen it Jeff.  Carrey is on my black list of movies.  Can't watch any films with him in it.

Things to Do in Denver When You're Dead is a great movie. Not sure I've seen him in anything else. I get Nicolas Cage is an acquired taste but he's in his element in Con Air and Face/Off. I think Bringing Out the Dead is one of Scorsese's worst movies but he was alright in that as well IIRC.

Hes in Oceans 11 and Godfather 3. Ruins Oceans 11 for me. Godfather 3 is diabolical anyway but he tips it over the edge completely.

A Hollywood A lister but i struggled to think of much he has been in. f**k all of note tbh.

The few mentioned above, the untouchables, black rain (great movie) and then a loada pony. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2024 at 9:04pm

Hes in Oceans 11 and Godfather 3. Ruins Oceans 11 for me. Godfather 3 is diabolical anyway but he tips it over the edge completely.
I love beer gardens
razzmatazaz View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razzmatazaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2024 at 8:41pm

MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2024 at 8:39pm
Truman show is definitely one I enjoy as well. Jim Carrey is an unusual character but a brilliant actor 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2024 at 8:37pm

This is true. The movie is actually pretty deep, and I think a lot of people just assumed it would be a comedy about a Cable Guy getting into scrapes.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2024 at 8:35pm

Im the same with Nicholas Cage or Andy Garcia. 
I love beer gardens
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2024 at 8:30pm

I think he's an under rated actor.

His darker roles are great things like Cable Guy, Truman Show, Eternal Sunshine, number 23.

Man on the moon too is great 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2024 at 8:25pm

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2024 at 8:19pm

MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2024 at 8:08pm
Yeah I like it
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 128>
  Share Topic