You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Drugs in Sport

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2829303132 44>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 3:01pm
Brill Big smile Big smile Big smile
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 3:02pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Shoco, if you are so concerned and interested in drugs in sport why the f**k are you following cycling.

Why not?  It's no different than any other sport when it comes to drugs, they just test more and catch more.

You could also ask me why do I follow football if I have an interest in drugs in sport.

I could ask why do you have an interest in athletics with all the problems in it, yet seem to sl*g of cycling?

I also happen to be a cyclist, and I race.

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

Shoco, if you are so concerned and interested in drugs in sport why the f**k are you following cycling.

Why not?  It's no different than any other sport when it comes to drugs, they just test more and catch more.

You could also ask me why do I follow football if I have an interest in drugs in sport.

I could ask why do you have an interest in athletics with all the problems in it, yet seem to sl*g of cycling?

So you take drugs like all the other cyclists?

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 3:07pm

So anyway Baggio,

Pep is a drug cheat, failed test and banned - fact
One of his doctors at Barcelona was banned from sport for life for drug violations - fact
City had 3 doping violations in his first 6 months in charge - fact

Would you like to discuss this and give your opinion on it, or would you rather continue on like it never happened?

The fact you keep coming into this thread might mean there's a bit of hope for you yet

The only thing City related there is your third point. Pep as a player, and who one of his doctors was in a previous job aren't really relevant to City today.

Was City's fine not for admin errors, not filing properly, and not notifying of players whereabouts. So when the dopers arrived the players weren't at the training ground? (Like the Sanchez incident last week)

You said yourself last week that it doesn't matter how many tests they do, as Lance Armstrong never failed a single drugs test, so why would they be avoiding the drug testers?

The fact I keep coming onto this thread is because I'm very bored in work these days and am on most threads.

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 30 Jan 2018 at 3:08pm
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 3:08pm

To be fair to Shoco, I would be absolutely stupefied if there was even one top-level athlete who was 100% clean, in any major sport.
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 3:09pm

Nope, I don't take drugs for performance enhancing reasons.
Even as an amateur i must obey the anti doping laws set by Cycling Ireland.
I have never actually been tested, I have also never won a race either.

I have no doubt though there are amateur cyclists taking PED's

Why do you like athletics?

Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

So anyway Baggio,

Pep is a drug cheat, failed test and banned - fact
One of his doctors at Barcelona was banned from sport for life for drug violations - fact
City had 3 doping violations in his first 6 months in charge - fact

Would you like to discuss this and give your opinion on it, or would you rather continue on like it never happened?

The fact you keep coming into this thread might mean there's a bit of hope for you yet

The only thing City related there is your third point. Pep as a player, and who one of his doctors was in a previous job aren't really relevant to City today.

Was City's fine not for admin errors, not filing properly, and not notifying of players whereabouts. So when the dopers arrived the players weren't at the training ground? (Like the Sanchez incident last week)

You said yourself last week that it doesn't matter how many tests they do, as Lance Armstrong never failed a single drugs test, so why would they be avoiding the drug testers?

The fact I keep coming onto this thread is because I'm very bored in work these days and am on most threads.

So you don't think it's city's problem if they hire a known cheat?

Lance did fail a test but it was hushed up

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 3:12pm
Don't think I've ever disliked a Manager as much as Pep.

He's a baldy egomaniac drug cheating control freak with his arrogant arse Stone Island jacket on.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

He's a baldy egomaniac drug cheating control freak with his arrogant arse Stone Island jacket on.

He'll be totally gutted to hear
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 3:19pm

Have you ever taken a lemsip or Neurofen Cold and Flu or any of those type of products? if you have then you are a drugs cheat.

Why do you like athletics? I like all the different disciplines, primarily the field events and shorter track events.

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

He'll be totally gutted to hear
he’ll be particlulallry upset to find out what being bald has to do with the price of bread.
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 3:49pm

Have you ever taken a lemsip or Neurofen Cold and Flu or any of those type of products? if you have then you are a drugs cheat.

Why do you like athletics? I like all the different disciplines, primarily the field events and shorter track events.

Believe it or not, I don't believe taken either of those products you mentioned, ever!! Not in my racing days anyway

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 4:02pm

Believe it or not, I don't believe taken either of those products you mentioned, ever!! Not in my racing days anyway

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 4:30pm

Not sure what the shock is?

lemsip is not banned, neurofen is not banned, at least out of competition anyway

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 5:14pm
Unless they changed the ingredients of both products, they did have an ingredient on the WADA blacklist.

Phenylephrine

https://www.wada-ama.org/sites/default/files/prohibited_list_2018_en.pdf

These substances are included in the 2018 Monitoring Program.

Again, this list is dynamic.

Edited by horsebox - 30 Jan 2018 at 5:16pm
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 8:29pm
It depends on which lists you look at, I looked at a global list earlier and both were ok.

http://www.globaldro.com/Home

No way I could ask if you have ever played football, and if so was it with an officiated fai/gaa team?
I'm sure plenty on here do or have done in the past. Would you consider them/yourself a drugs cheat?

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 8:56pm

Would you consider them/yourself a drugs cheat?

100% yes. I've taken drugs for medical purposes.

But I'm not on here with sweeping statements saying every sport is on drugs etc...

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 11:21pm
What sports do you believe are clean?

I'm not referring to lads taking a lemsip for a head cold as not clean just to be clear!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2829303132 44>
  Share Topic