You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Drugs in Sport

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 44>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2017 at 4:17pm
Lying in his autobiography about what substances he's taken in the past, his Doctor refuses to testify and no medical records kept. Doesn't take a genius. 

It was obvious from the day the Russian hackers leaked his records he's a cheating sh*tebag 
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2017 at 4:18pm
And Mo, Coyne ?
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2017 at 4:19pm
The Russian hackers found he's clean! 

Evidence suggests he's clean otherwise he can be proven guilty. His continued affiliation with Salazar will keep haunting him for as long he stays with him.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2017 at 4:20pm
Ah stop
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2017 at 4:25pm
Your obsession with him his like beyond unreal.

You can only judge someone by the facts presented, you can keep obsessing and speculating until you're 70 but unless hard evidence presents itself he's gonna be found clean

No one suspected Wiggins until the Russian hackers presented hard evidence with contradictory comments from himself

Edited by coyne - 01 Mar 2017 at 4:26pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2017 at 4:27pm
f**kin hell no one suspected Wiggins until the Russian hacking ?

Wonder did Mo ever get that doorbell of his fixed

Edited by Denis Irwin - 01 Mar 2017 at 4:27pm

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2017 at 7:37pm
[QUOTE=Denis Irwin] f**kin hell no one suspected Wiggins until the Russian hacking ?

Wonder did Mo ever get that doorbell of his fixed[/QUOTE

I don't like or trust Mo Farah myself.

But can you answer me this Denis. What illegal substance has took that is on the WADA banned list?

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2017 at 7:47pm
I can't answer specifically but my basis for Mo is his links with the likes of Salazar. Don't buy any of this from him at all. Let's not forget people like Carl Lewis never officially failed a drugs test.

Edited by Denis Irwin - 01 Mar 2017 at 9:10pm

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2017 at 7:54pm
So then one would have to be assumed innocent until proven guilty, would they not?

Rob Heffernan's coach was banned for taking illegal substances, is he guilty?

If Mo or anyone else is taking something that is not on the banned list they are innocent, they may be exploiting the rules and it maybe ethically wrong but they are still innocent.

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2017 at 8:57pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

So then one would have to be assumed innocent until proven guilty, would they not?

Rob Heffernan's coach was banned for taking illegal substances, is he guilty?

If Mo or anyone else is taking something that is not on the banned list they are innocent, they may be exploiting the rules and it maybe ethically wrong but they are still innocent.

Does that then not apply to wiggins? He hasn't been found guilty of taking anything banned and had TUEs when taking banned substances

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2017 at 9:02pm
Yes, it applies to all.

The rules are not black and white and you are going to have people exploiting that gray area to the max that will be borderline illegal.

All athletes in all sports take supplements. They take them for a reason, to give them an advantage. But they are not illegal and they are not breaking the rules.

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2017 at 9:08pm
The thing about Heffernan, or any Irish athlete, is quite simple, if we learned that some Russian race walking olympic medallist was coached by a drug cheat, most of us would probably suspect something dodgy going on. Whether Heffernan is guilty, I really don't know, but if you were in his position, surely it would be a lot simpler to remove that coach from the equation.

Doing that wouldn't make him necessarily innocent either, but it remains a huge credibility issue in cycling & athletics that a huge amount of the senior managers & coaches in both sports were previously banned for drugs, or worked with proven doping doctors (even if they were never caught themselves), and as we now see with Sky's senior managers/coaches like Sutton & Yates & Dr Leinders, the apples don't seem to fall a long way from the tree. 

All this talk of drugs, and poor oul Dr Freeman is sick. That's terrible bad luck all the same. For those interested, he also worked with Big Sam's Bolton back around a decade ago, a time where Sam got lots of praise for using the latest in stats, science & player health & the like. I wonder. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2017 at 9:11pm
Ultimately, people will believe what they want to, there were fans of Armstrong who believed him right up to when he went on Oprah, and no amount of evidence from WADA or the US Feds made them think otherwise. There may not be anything legal to disqualify Wiggins from his TDF, but those TUEs look like they were deliberately engineered to a certain timeframe, and not for any genuine medical issue, he & sky are a busted flush for all but the terminally naive. 

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2017 at 10:58pm
Been waiting a long time for this day to come

deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2017 at 11:31pm
Just thought of a not entirely unlikely scenario- if Sky/British cycling continues to implode, and the Sky arm does go altogether, at the very least there are going to be some big changes, it is the end for Sir Dave and a host of other senior lads anyway, but there is a fair possibility the whole thing goes bang - what of Froome & what would happen if he went & joined another team............

That could genuinely produce something hilarious..........

Especially if said team weren't using motors*

*There is no suggestion on my part that any pro cycling team is using motors. However, the use of motors, and this is a bit bizzare, were only specifically banned by the UCI in 2013. This means, for fans of all things ''this is/was legal at the time arguments'' , anyone who may be, in the future,  somehow proven to have used one while winning a cycling event prior to 2013........did nothing wrong. I include this because....

There is a school of thought out there that Froome's improvements from where he was to where he is now (all happened basically over the course of a few weeks in 2012) could simply not have happened with drugs, or at least any drug that is known about, the transformation was simply too great and has not been recorded in any other cyclist in the history of the sport. 

Last year, a young Belgian girl was banned for 6 years after a minature motor was found in her cyclo cross bike at the cyclo cross world championships. This is the only case of the UCI catching somebody using a motor in their bike. 2 things on this, if an 18 year old Belgian girl can access one of these things and get one fitted to a bike, it is quite likely that the same thought has occurred to professional cycling teams, given point 2. 

Which is this; With their overall track record of catching cheaters, just how likely is it that the UCI were lucky enough to catch the only person to have ever been convicted of cheating with a motor, would there be even any possibility that with detection rates so low, there might be more pro cyclists/teams at this craic, and might some of them be entire teams rather than individual small time competitors ??

I think those answers might not be as far away as we think.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2017 at 11:37pm
Funny you should say that Deise. Damian Collins the British MP who's on the Sports Ctte has said he's been approached by someone in relation to 'Motor Doping'

Edited by Denis Irwin - 01 Mar 2017 at 11:38pm

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2017 at 11:49pm
Louis Hamilton is on performance enhancing drugs
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2017 at 11:51pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Louis Hamilton is on performance enhancing drugs

I heard the drug he takes is Speed?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 44>
  Share Topic