You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

worst town in Ireland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2015 at 4:16pm
Wouldn't be a decent town in Tipperary.
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2015 at 4:32pm
Balbriggan, Mullingar, Dundalk all absolute kips
daboi89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daboi89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2015 at 5:01pm
athlone wudnt have a whole.pile.happening either

Edited by daboi89 - 23 May 2015 at 5:02pm
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2015 at 6:15pm
Somebody was telling me they call it Blackbriggan now.
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2015 at 6:17pm
Originally posted by PhilliyK PhilliyK wrote:

Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

Longford
Athlone
Dundalk
Mulingar
All towns and cities north of the border
Limerick

Even your historical home town in the north?

Total kip
Chips don't bounce
kimbap View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimbap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2015 at 6:18pm
Athlone gets a lot of grief but seems like a nice town to me.

As someone mentioned,I don't think there's a decent town in Tipperary

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2015 at 6:20pm
Athlone is grand.
Castlebar is pretty sh*te, definitely the worst in Mayo
Just saying like View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The truth is out there

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Just saying like Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2015 at 6:20pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

KILRUSH.....all day long.

Yeah was in it a few years ago and it is a complete kip - if they ever make an Irish version of Deliverance it will be based there.
Stillhuntinghenry View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

useless at posting links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stillhuntinghenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2015 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by dundon13 dundon13 wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Gated was a joke

Oh right

It was gated before paddy Doherty and co got there
"Not one cent" - RTID on Mark Quigley's pay-off from Shamrock
kimbap View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimbap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2015 at 6:51pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Athlone is grand.

Castlebar is on the up,was a bit of a kip when i was growing up there in the 90's (when i say bit of a kip,i mean typical Irsih provincial town) The opening of the lake walk way in 2012 changed the town,add the that the new greenway,the entire new town centre  and lots of investment (thanks Enda and Michael Ring!) It's a great town.

Second biggest shopping area in Connacht (after Galway) Serious social initiatives by the locals,a festival every weekend between now and september,could go on all day about it.Really shows how a town can be turned around and genuinely proud of the place.

Come down for a visit 9fingers,I'll buy you a pint in Mick Byrnes.
Stillhuntinghenry View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

useless at posting links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stillhuntinghenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2015 at 6:52pm
Strabane - close thread
"Not one cent" - RTID on Mark Quigley's pay-off from Shamrock
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2015 at 6:59pm
Always surprised by Athlone being included in such a debate. Enjoyed my trips there, the locals are decent, had a few decent meals and drinks, far from the worst.

Also Cobh? I would class Cobh as a beautiful town , full of history. Granted I would avoid it on a Saturday night as it can be quite rough but it is far from what I would class as a kip.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2015 at 7:11pm
Thurles, Mullingar, Bundoran, Athlone,
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2015 at 7:15pm
Originally posted by kimbap kimbap wrote:

Athlone is grand.

Castlebar is on the up,was a bit of a kip when i was growing up there in the 90's (when i say bit of a kip,i mean typical Irsih provincial town) The opening of the lake walk way in 2012 changed the town,add the that the new greenway,the entire new town centreĀ  and lots of investment (thanks Enda and Michael Ring!) It's a great town.

Second biggest shopping area in Connacht (after Galway) Serious social initiatives by the locals,a festival every weekend between now and september,could go on all day about it.Really shows how a town can be turned around and genuinely proud of the place.

I'll visit with an open mind next time. My father grew up in Westport and hates Castlebar maybe he's influencing me!
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2015 at 7:17pm
There's a lot of run down towns in the rural west and north. I would have to say Limerick though, I've never been to any other town where you have to ring a bell to get into a pub at 3pm. It wasn't just one pub like.

Edited by corkery - 23 May 2015 at 7:17pm
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2015 at 7:18pm
I have. Usually early in the morning
kimbap View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimbap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2015 at 7:23pm

Originally posted by kimbap kimbap wrote:

Athlone is grand.

Castlebar is on the up,was a bit of a kip when i was growing up there in the 90's (when i say bit of a kip,i mean typical Irsih provincial town) The opening of the lake walk way in 2012 changed the town,add the that the new greenway,the entire new town centre  and lots of investment (thanks Enda and Michael Ring!) It's a great town.

I'll visit with an open mind next time. My father grew up in Westport and hates Castlebar maybe he's influencing me!

Good man! Yeah,there's was a big Castlebar/Westport rivalry when i was growing up as well,seems to be less now as you can't really argue,Westport is such a great town,even us Castlebar folk are over there the whole time.
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2015 at 7:25pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I have. Usually early in the morning
You were in one of the pubs ffs, it had a riot squad outside the door.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
  Share Topic