You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Running

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 22>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2020 at 10:41am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

Anyone do trail/mountain running? Find it much more enjoyable. I really only run on the road to keep it in the legs for the off road.

I used to do trail/mountain running and it’s great to get away from everything.
But you need to be fit to do it. I used to go with my running club and we’d do anything from 15-25k. 

I'm looking into trying to take running up. I go on long walks, 15- 25 miles regularly(hi Coyner), and often at a decent pace, but am more than a tad self-conscious; how does one go about conquering that?

But a running club sounds like the very opposite of what is appealing about walking/running!? Surely the attraction is the alone time?
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2020 at 10:20am
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

Anyone do trail/mountain running? Find it much more enjoyable. I really only run on the road to keep it in the legs for the off road.

I used to do trail/mountain running and it’s great to get away from everything.
But you need to be fit to do it. I used to go with my running club and we’d do anything from 15-25k. 

Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2020 at 12:05pm

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Bham_McDermott View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bham_McDermott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2020 at 11:49am
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

Originally posted by Bham_McDermott Bham_McDermott wrote:

Ran 188km in April 2020 during lockdown (challenged myself to do 5+ at least every calendar day)

Right ankle was in bits at the end only managed 14km in May, needed a 2/3 week rest

Been wanting to do this years but finally took the plunge and signed up for Achill half marathon which is on this year in September 2020. Most I've ever ran in one go is 15.5km, so 21km I think I can handle with a bit of training

Any pre-run meal tips would be welcome, I'm 6'1 just under 15st so not a skinny buck by any means

That's a serious distance to rack up in a month Clap

I was meant to have done the Cork marathon at the weekend knowing that was highly unlikely to go ahead since lockdown I reduced my long runs back to max 10k. 1 reason was of the 2k (now 5k) distance from home thing but the main one was that I didn't want to stop in a shop to pick up a bottle of water half way through while drenched in sweat. Have mainly being doing 5ks and am happy with the way my times have fallen. Can't wait until the likes of park run are back to I can push for a PB.

Cheers pal, I have lived in Chapelizod the last year but moving next week, going to miss Phoenix Park on the door step for the lunchbreak runs anyway
I don't agree with THAT, in the workplace!
Trigboy 10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2020 at 11:40am
Originally posted by Croftman Croftman wrote:

It's great to see progress, keeps the motivation up. Only really at the running this year and moreso since the lockdown, have got my 5k time down from 28 mins to just over 25 in 2 months. Have done some 7-8k runs too and one 10k. Asked a few weeks ago on another thread about a running watch, got one and found its helped hugely been able to see real time stats. 

As said above about the injuries - have had a couple myself so do a better warm up each day and a good stretching/rolling session each week. Seems to have helped
I’ve did very little running since the lockdown only ran about 3 times. Before the lockdown i was flying was doing 5k in under 18 minutes and was running between 10k-16k most days but all my momentum is gone with this lockdown.

Edited by Trigboy 10 - 02 Jun 2020 at 11:41am
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2020 at 11:31am

Ran 188km in April 2020 during lockdown (challenged myself to do 5+ at least every calendar day)

Right ankle was in bits at the end only managed 14km in May, needed a 2/3 week rest

Been wanting to do this years but finally took the plunge and signed up for Achill half marathon which is on this year in September 2020. Most I've ever ran in one go is 15.5km, so 21km I think I can handle with a bit of training

Any pre-run meal tips would be welcome, I'm 6'1 just under 15st so not a skinny buck by any means

That's a serious distance to rack up in a month Clap

I was meant to have done the Cork marathon at the weekend knowing that was highly unlikely to go ahead since lockdown I reduced my long runs back to max 10k. 1 reason was of the 2k (now 5k) distance from home thing but the main one was that I didn't want to stop in a shop to pick up a bottle of water half way through while drenched in sweat. Have mainly being doing 5ks and am happy with the way my times have fallen. Can't wait until the likes of park run are back to I can push for a PB.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2020 at 11:11am
It's great to see progress, keeps the motivation up. Only really at the running this year and moreso since the lockdown, have got my 5k time down from 28 mins to just over 25 in 2 months. Have done some 7-8k runs too and one 10k. Asked a few weeks ago on another thread about a running watch, got one and found its helped hugely been able to see real time stats. 

As said above about the injuries - have had a couple myself so do a better warm up each day and a good stretching/rolling session each week. Seems to have helped
Some people just deserve a slap
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2020 at 9:45am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

My neighbours keep laughing at me when I go for a jog.  Absolutely pathetic and it has become a bit of a running joke.

Why are they laughing? 

It was a joke brought to you in association with the now defunct Trap Junior Joke division Inc.
Surely that was obvious?LOL
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2020 at 9:39am
Got back in to it myself at the start of lockdown. Doing a couch to 10km programme at the moment and on week 8 of 12.

I will be clocking up over 100km in June and doing the 10km in the last weekend.

Really enjoying it. Could comfortably run 8km in 40 mins a few days a week a few years ago but stopped running altogether really till lockdown. First couple of weeks were horrendous and just couldn't get the breathing going but over that slump now and back enjoying it
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Yiksheemash View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

I don't have a penis.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yiksheemash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2020 at 9:17am

My neighbours keep laughing at me when I go for a jog.  Absolutely pathetic and it has become a bit of a running joke.

Why are they laughing? 

It was a joke brought to you in association with the now defunct Trap Junior Joke division Inc.

Confused
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2020 at 12:36am

Why are they laughing? 

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2020 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Have done 100 miles since lockdown

Calf giving me bother last few runs though
Got sore midway through a run last week, was sore for a couple of days after that but then the pain went away and I forgot about it. Went for another run on Saturday and was going grand until about 15 minutes in and it got sore again. Same again then yesterday with the pain  but not as sore today 

Had a persistent problem with this over the last 2 years. Bottom of my calves/achilles would always be sore after a run. Have been focusing on some mobility drills in my warm-up that I saw on the Movement101 Instagram page, and haven't had any trouble in the last 3 weeks. 

Worth checking the drills out to see if they make any difference to you.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2020 at 6:34pm

Calendar day.  Is that different from every day. 
AKA pedantic kunt
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2020 at 6:32pm
Probably because he’s told the whole street about how supposedly f**ked the country is
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2020 at 6:00pm

Why are they laughing? 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2020 at 5:43pm
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2020 at 5:06pm
Have done 100 miles since lockdown

Calf giving me bother last few runs though
Got sore midway through a run last week, was sore for a couple of days after that but then the pain went away and I forgot about it. Went for another run on Saturday and was going grand until about 15 minutes in and it got sore again. Same again then yesterday with the pain  but not as sore today 

Bham_McDermott View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bham_McDermott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2020 at 4:12pm

I don't agree with THAT, in the workplace!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 22>
  Share Topic