You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Josh Cullen

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 64>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote killer kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2017 at 4:33pm
Only difference is with friendlies is they don't tend to cap that many new players. I can't see Kelly egan field Cullen Byrne horgan and possibly hewelt given a run. Home nations lol don't be so touchy lads
And it's come through now to mackay... and it's there
Sponsored Links

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2017 at 4:52pm
Originally posted by killer kilbane killer kilbane wrote:

Only difference is with friendlies is they don't tend to cap that many new players. I can't see Kelly egan field Cullen Byrne horgan and possibly hewelt given a run. Home nations lol don't be so touchy lads
'Home nations lol'. EmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2017 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

If we're being pedantic, KK wrote "against one of the home countries" not "another one of the home countries", suggesting that it doesn't include us.
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2017 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

If we're being pedantic, KK wrote "against one of the home countries" not "another one of the home countries", suggesting that it doesn't include us.
Confused Nobody said he did include us, that would be even worse!
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2017 at 6:20pm

Then what's the problem?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2017 at 6:22pm

Then what's the problem?
For it to be a home country it has to be part of your home.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2017 at 6:27pm

Then what's the problem?

f**king hell. Get a grip kids. It doesn't, for the record https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Home_Nations
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2017 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

What's a home country?

That would be one of us, NI, England, Scotland and Wales (colloquially speaking)

I love the way people are anxious to edit out our footballing history : we were playing matches in Dublin as 'Ireland' in the British Home Championship from 1884 onwards. Indeed, our only opponents during that period were England, Scotland and Wales.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2017 at 6:43pm

Then what's the problem?

f**king hell. Get a grip kids. It doesn't, for the record https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Home_Nations
It is one of the things that grates a lot when you live in the 'home countries', the reason they are referred to as the home countries is self-explanatory and shouldn't need an incorrect link to wikipedia.
Colloquially speaking we are not a home nation or in any way home nation, we may have been once, not now. That isn't 'airbrushing history', it is realising the present.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2017 at 7:19pm

Then what's the problem?

It is one of the things that grates a lot when you live in the 'home countries', the reason they are referred to as the home countries is self-explanatory and shouldn't need an incorrect link to wikipedia.
Colloquially speaking we are not a home nation or in any way home nation, we may have been once, not now. That isn't 'airbrushing history', it is realising the present.

You're right. Sorry KK, you have incurred the wrath of the revolutionary council and you will be shot in the morning.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2017 at 7:35pm

Then what's the problem?

You're right. Sorry KK, you have incurred the wrath of the revolutionary council and you will be shot in the morning.
lolz, top bantz
GUFC_Andy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUFC_Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2017 at 10:26pm
Guess who got MOTM again today
Don't ban me for no reason, please.
Cathalthesmart View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cathalthesmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2017 at 10:45pm
Ffs this kid like, really should be looked at by MON.
Hi Lads
LHurlz View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LHurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2017 at 3:54pm
How many weeks in a row is that now?  The lad is clearly far too good for league 1, expect him to be a part of the West Ham squad next season 

Edited by LHurlz - 15 Jan 2017 at 3:57pm
GUFC_Andy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUFC_Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2017 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by LHurlz LHurlz wrote:

How many weeks in a row is that now?  The lad is clearly far too good for league 1, expect him to be a part of the West Ham squad next season 
he deserves to be part of the WHU squad or even XI now. And I doubt he'll get a chance next season, they'll spend millions on some foreign CM. Anyway I think Cullen will end up playing for some championship team
Don't ban me for no reason, please.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2017 at 6:42pm
Good to see he's doing well but how many times have you seen him play this season to declare he's good enough for WHU's squad now?
Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2017 at 2:47pm
Or good enough to be called up in a developmental role in our squad.  Get this guy involved now.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2017 at 2:59pm
He is "involved", he's a regular in our U-21 squad.
We're decent enough..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 64>
  Share Topic