Forum Description: All ROI International Team forums
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=51659
Printed Date: 26 Apr 2024 at 1:06am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Josh Cullen
Posted By: rolo
Subject: Josh Cullen
Date Posted: 17 May 2015 at 9:37pm
Mentioned a few times in other threads but he didnt have his own thread. 

Ireland U19 international, scored an injury time winner for West Ham U21s away to Chelsea in Stamford Bridge on Friday night. Nice finish too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bToPIAtchJ8" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bToPIAtchJ8

-------------
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"

Replies:
Posted By: RogerMilla
Date Posted: 18 May 2015 at 10:03pm
Cracker

-------------
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.

Posted By: Doyler1993
Date Posted: 02 Jul 2015 at 11:00pm
Came on as a second half sub for west ham today and managed to hit the crossbar in the last few minutes. Hopefully will get some game time with west ham in the europa league

-------------
IT’S NO USE BOILING YOUR CABBAGE TWICE

Posted By: grannyrule
Date Posted: 30 Aug 2015 at 10:10am
He made a late appearance as a sub at Anfield yesterday. One to keep an eye out for.

-------------
The only way is up

Posted By: Pipkin
Date Posted: 30 Aug 2015 at 10:50am
Hes was called into our u21 squad this week

Good to see but our ever reliance on foreign raised players is shocking

Date Posted: 30 Aug 2015 at 11:10am
Originally posted by grannyrule grannyrule wrote:

He made a late appearance as a sub at Anfield yesterday. One to keep an eye out for.

Yeah that was his premier league debut yesterday - at 19.

Had been in the matchday squad a good few times last season so its great he finally got a game.

-------------

Posted By: Bohsfan84
Date Posted: 30 Aug 2015 at 2:32pm
Let's hope he is good enough to carve out a Premier League career with a lower mid-table team or a career in the higher echelons of the Championship.

If he turns out any better than that it will be the same story it was/is with Rooney, Cahill, Bamford, Grealish, Noble, Naughton, Redmond, Kane, Pilkington etc etc etc. Either play for England or keep us waiting a few years.

If he is like Sean St Ledger or Jon Walters then he could be a decent squad player in the future for us.

That is the pragmatic reality of it. I don't think we are ever going to get a top class English born player to play for us.

Posted By: grannyrule
Date Posted: 01 Sep 2015 at 1:23pm
West Ham United have announced that Josh Cullen has signed a new long-term contract with the club.

"I'm delighted to get the deal done and extend my time at West Ham," said Cullen, who turned 19 in April and has now committed his future to West Ham until 2018.

-------------
The only way is up

Posted By: killer kilbane
Date Posted: 01 Sep 2015 at 7:09pm
Not good news for him with West Ham signing Moses, Antonio and Jelavic

Date Posted: 29 Nov 2015 at 3:17pm
On the bench again today, as he was for the game against Everton just before the international break.

Not a bad place to be, 5 months short of his 20th birthday.

Surprisingly little talk about him on here.

Between himself and Jack Byrne as to who will be the next player to break through from the underage teams.

-------------

Posted By: 085immersive
Date Posted: 29 Nov 2015 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by rolo rolo wrote:

On the bench again today, as he was for the game against Everton just before the international break.

Between himself and Jack Byrne as to who will be the next player to break through from the underage teams.

Are we sure he will stay with us?

Posted By: colemanY2K
Date Posted: 29 Nov 2015 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by 085immersive 085immersive wrote:

he has already switched from England. don't think he can switch back.

-------------
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.

Date Posted: 29 Nov 2015 at 5:08pm
I think I read something a short while back during the height of the Grealish saga where he said he would not follow in Grealish's footsteps and switch to England.

So maybe he is still allowed to switch back?

I have also seen him refer to Ireland as "them" when talking about them so the Grealish thing may have been bluster on his part.

Date Posted: 29 Nov 2015 at 5:42pm

Of course fans are gonna be tentative, like a jilted lover LOL
But Grealish was always biding his time. Cullen apparently is on board.

-------------

Posted By: DeclanDaly
Date Posted: 29 Nov 2015 at 5:45pm
"He's as Irish as could be now, there were a few Irish lads over there at the same time and we all hung around together.

"We used to tease him, call him a 'fake little Paddy', just to wind him up but he is fully on board with Ireland. Josh is an incredible player, he's very similar to Mark Noble but he's only 19 and has a long way to go."

http://m.herald.ie/sport/soccer/fake-paddy-josh-cullen-is-a-class-act-reveals-former-teammate-sean-maguire-31497533.html

-------------
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"

Date Posted: 29 Nov 2015 at 5:53pm
So Cullen's Irish now? What was he before that? 

In Grealish's defence, his situation is a lot different to most granny rule players. He is a genuine talent regardless of his dip in form, and he has piqued the interest of the England senior team.

The way he went about things was duplicitous though. It was obvious he wanted to play for England. Fine, but don't take up squad places at underage level if your heart's not in it; and certainly don't take the piss out of us by turning up to the FAI Awards to pick up an award and to boost your publicity having neglected to accept several call ups.

Date Posted: 29 Nov 2015 at 6:05pm
This isnt the Jack Grealish thread.

-------------

Posted By: zizu Kilbane
Date Posted: 29 Nov 2015 at 8:24pm
From the horses mouth...now can we cencetrate om his performances..

"Everyone is entitled to make a decision for themselves and Jack has made his decision, I can only speak for myself and say that I am fully focused on playing for Ireland and getting this team to the U21 finals in Poland.

"Jack has made his call and that's up to him, I am proud to play for Ireland every time I pull on the shirt. I know my dad's very proud to see me play, he hopes to come over to this game tonight, it's such a proud moment for me to pull on that green shirt and represent my grandparents," says Cullen.

"Both of my grandparents on my dad's side are Irish, they were from Co Leitrim and moved over to England, where my dad was born.

"They have both passed away, unfortunately, but it's a very proud thing for me to be able to play for Ireland, every time I pull on that green jersey I play for them and think about my grandparents. I haven't been to Leitrim yet but I am on my dad's case to take me there," he joked.

-------------
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"

Posted By: 085immersive
Date Posted: 29 Nov 2015 at 9:07pm
Smart move by his old man. Holding off on taking his son to see Leitrim until he has been fully tied to us

Date Posted: 30 Nov 2015 at 12:08am
Originally posted by Bohsfan84 Bohsfan84 wrote:

So Cullen's Irish now? What was he before that? 

Not sure if you're joking or not, but I'd say the correct rendering of the quote would be:
"He's as Irish as could be, now."

Maguire is not saying that Cullen has just become Irish. He's saying that Cullen is Irish.

-------------

Posted By: Just saying like
Date Posted: 30 Nov 2015 at 7:19am

Smart move by his old man. Holding off on taking his son to see Leitrim until he has been fully tied to us

ClapClapClap LOL

-------------
I don't know what more we can do in terms of being open and transparent - John Delaney

Date Posted: 30 Nov 2015 at 9:59am
Is that rendering of the quote not a bit of a reach, Declan?

And Jack Grealish and his father always waxed lyrical about their roots when asked about them and look how that turned out?

Anyways let's hope he can make the step that Grego-Cox, Harriman and Garmston haven't made and get established in the PL.

Posted By: doherty
Date Posted: 30 Nov 2015 at 10:10am
once he sees leitrim he will disown his roots im sure of it........

Posted By: The O'Shea
Date Posted: 30 Nov 2015 at 11:20am

Is that rendering of the quote not a bit of a reach, Declan?

And Jack Grealish and his father always waxed lyrical about their roots when asked about them and look how that turned out?

Anyways let's hope he can make the step that Grego-Cox, Harriman and Garmston haven't made and get established in the PL.

Are you constantly so cynical? Would you be as cynical if Cullen was say, Norwegian born, as you are of him because he's English born? He's said it makes him extremely proud to represent Ireland so why not believe him considering those are words from the source himself? Once again demonstrating your utter lack of respect for the motives of second gen. players.

-------------
We're decent enough..

Date Posted: 30 Nov 2015 at 8:37pm
Ok ok ok.

It is what it is.

Date Posted: 11 Feb 2016 at 8:23pm
on loan to Bradford

-------------
And it's come through now to mackay... and it's there

Date Posted: 12 Feb 2016 at 6:00pm
Originally posted by killer kilbane killer kilbane wrote:

on loan to Bradford

Rogan Josh.

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 12 Feb 2016 at 7:37pm

on loan to Bradford

Rogan Josh.

very good.

Better than Grogan Josh too.

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: Andy_Eire
Date Posted: 15 May 2016 at 12:47pm
Playing on Sky Sports 1 right now. Having a solid game, can see him possibly being part of the upcoming World Cup campaign

Date Posted: 15 May 2016 at 2:17pm
Did O'Brien get on for Millwall?

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: Andy_Eire
Date Posted: 15 May 2016 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Did O'Brien get on for Millwall?
He did, came on 66th minute

Date Posted: 15 May 2016 at 2:36pm
How did he do?

-------------

Posted By: Eire_Andy
Date Posted: 07 Aug 2016 at 2:49pm
Cullen has been outstanding for West Ham against Juventus today, one of the best players on the pitch!

Posted By: KING-CON
Date Posted: 08 Aug 2016 at 10:00am

Sky sources understand Bradford are set to sign West Ham midfielder Josh Cullen on a six month loan deal.

The 20-year-old  featured for West Ham in their friendly against Juventus yesterday and had a successful loan spell at Bradford last season.

We understand the deal will go through later today.

Posted By: magnumpi
Date Posted: 08 Aug 2016 at 10:30am
Originally posted by KING-CON KING-CON wrote:

Sky sources understand Bradford are set to sign West Ham midfielder Josh Cullen on a six month loan deal.

The 20-year-old  featured for West Ham in their friendly against Juventus yesterday and had a successful loan spell at Bradford last season.

We understand the deal will go through later today.

Yes!! this is great news.  he was brilliant last season and we looked a much poorer side in pre-season without him.

Date Posted: 13 Aug 2016 at 6:00pm
On his return to Bradford (on loan) today, he got MOTM. He's a talent for sure!

Posted By: Codu
Date Posted: 14 Aug 2016 at 6:57pm
West Ham fan here, Cullen's a serious talent, looks better than Noble did at his age. Hope O'Neill gets in early with this one and it's not drawn out like Grealish.

Date Posted: 16 Aug 2016 at 8:12pm
Scores tonight for Bradford, the lad gets better and better. Surely the English FA will want this lad with them. Wouldn't be surprised if he done a Grealish

Date Posted: 16 Aug 2016 at 8:52pm
Originally posted by Eire_Andy Eire_Andy wrote:

Scores tonight for Bradford, the lad gets better and better. Surely the English FA will want this lad with them. Wouldn't be surprised if he done a Grealish

He won't switch. He's very committed. Talks about it regularly in interviews.

Hope we don't have to see the same old comments every time an English born player starts turning heads.

-------------

Posted By: LHurlz
Date Posted: 16 Aug 2016 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

Hope we don't have to see the same old comments every time an English born player starts turning heads.
In fairness how many times have we been through the whole will he/won't he scenario, I think Cullen will stick with us but I'd like to see him capped against Moldova or something, providing that he wants the call up of course.

Date Posted: 16 Aug 2016 at 8:53pm

Ah, good to hear then.

Date Posted: 16 Aug 2016 at 8:54pm
Originally posted by LHurlz LHurlz wrote:

In fairness how many times have we been through the whole will he/won't he scenario, I think Cullen will stick with us but I'd like to see him capped against Moldova or something, providing that he wants the call up of course.
We can't afford to miss out on him, he's such a talent.

Date Posted: 16 Aug 2016 at 8:57pm

We can't afford to miss out on him, he's such a talent.
Completely agree, very exciting having him and Byrne coming through hopefully they can both live up to their potential 

Posted By: Green Devil
Date Posted: 16 Aug 2016 at 9:03pm
Looks a very good prospect alright, would benefit from being in an extended training squad panel for sure to give him a sniff of what it's like to mix it with the big boys.

I'd like to see more of him before we just start capping young lads in competitive games with under 30 professional league games under their belt mind.

The Oman game (wouldn't tie him down) but would be an ideal chance for Byrne, Cullen and one or two others to be capped and then possibly cut from the panel for the competitive game vs Georgia. 

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan

Date Posted: 16 Aug 2016 at 9:28pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Looks a very good prospect alright, would benefit from being in an extended training squad panel for sure to give him a sniff of what it's like to mix it with the big boys.

I'd like to see more of him before we just start capping young lads in competitive games with under 30 professional league games under their belt mind.

The Oman game (wouldn't tie him down) but would be an ideal chance for Byrne, Cullen and one or two others to be capped and then possibly cut from the panel for the competitive game vs Georgia. 
Yeah that's a fair shout need a couple of friendlies first, suppose I'm just anxious about another Grealish situation happening

Date Posted: 16 Aug 2016 at 10:33pm

Date Posted: 16 Aug 2016 at 10:44pm
He couldn't like any more Essex if he tried! I assume that is where he was brought up!?

-------------

Posted By: AbuAbu
Date Posted: 17 Aug 2016 at 9:06am
the whole will he wont he stuff is generally fueled by newspapers and is the price u pay for having a dual qualified player who is any way decent. so i wouldn't worry about it.

would be great to start seeing the likes of Cullen stepping up.

-------------
It's not me it's you:-)

Posted By: mully_85
Date Posted: 17 Aug 2016 at 1:44pm
go check out his twitter... was a big fan of ours during the euros... niceeeee

Date Posted: 20 Aug 2016 at 8:10pm
MOTM again today

Posted By: schillaci
Date Posted: 21 Aug 2016 at 12:08am
Originally posted by mully_85 mully_85 wrote:

Good pick up mate. Theres 5 tweets about Ireland and nothing about Englands games at all. "Get in there", "Buzzing", ybig, "what a result" "great performance",  and a fair smattering of tricolours and shamrocks for extra paddywhackery LOL

Date Posted: 21 Aug 2016 at 12:13am
Originally posted by schillaci schillaci wrote:

Originally posted by mully_85 mully_85 wrote:

Good pick up mate. Theres 5 tweets about Ireland and nothing about Englands games at all. "Get in there", "Buzzing", ybig, "what a result" "great performance",  and a fair smattering of tricolours and shamrocks for extra paddywhackery LOL
Yeah can't imagine he'll be switching.  Seems to be way too good for League 1, wonder what will happen when he returns to West Ham after Christmas?  Maybe challenge for the first team?

Posted By: Republic Of Brady
Date Posted: 03 Sep 2016 at 12:25am
This Josh Cullen is a class act. Performed brilliantly tonight as he has done on a regular basis for Bradford. I think he'll get a good chance when he returns to West Ham in January, dubbed "Mark Noble's replacement" by Hammers' fans.

Posted By: GUFC_Andy
Date Posted: 17 Dec 2016 at 5:54pm
Continuing to perform week in week out for Bradford. MOTM again today.

Would be great if he got a chance at WHU, perhaps next month

-------------
Don't ban me for no reason, please.

Posted By: Green Devil
Date Posted: 17 Dec 2016 at 7:56pm
Originally posted by GUFC_Andy GUFC_Andy wrote:

He'd be better off staying where he is and playing week in week out, given that he is only 20.

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan

Posted By: niallmc
Date Posted: 18 Dec 2016 at 4:47pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

He'd be better off staying where he is and playing week in week out, given that he is only 20.

Agree, he is still very young and has it all ahead of him.

Posted By: Luis Amor Rodriguez
Date Posted: 19 Dec 2016 at 12:15am
If he keeps this up, would like to see him called up to the next squad a la O'Dowda when at Oxford Utd.  These boys are the future.  Good to get them involved now. 

Date Posted: 31 Dec 2016 at 7:26pm
MOTM yet again

-------------

Posted By: connord96
Date Posted: 03 Jan 2017 at 7:37pm
Staying on at Bradford until the end of season

http://www.the42.ie/josh-cullen-bradford-city-loan-3169056-Jan2017/ - http://www.the42.ie/josh-cullen-bradford-city-loan-3169056-Jan2017/

Posted By: 10 Box
Date Posted: 03 Jan 2017 at 8:15pm
Staying on at Bradford for the rest of the season.

Date Posted: 07 Jan 2017 at 5:57pm
MOTM yet again for Bradford today. serious talent

-------------

Posted By: Mr. Snrub
Date Posted: 07 Jan 2017 at 5:59pm
2 assists! 

-------------
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"

Posted By: Adobolo
Date Posted: 08 Jan 2017 at 11:30am
Josh is flying under the radar a bit, when I seen him play pre season for West Ham against Juventus he was superb and I have been following him regularly at Bradford and it's man of the match stuff week after week. Go on the Bradford forums to see what they think of him and you will see phrases like "best player in a decade at the club", "best player in league one" and "wasted at this level". Josh is a much better player than Forrester in my opinion but has not appeared on TV yet for people to realise it.

Posted By: GreenRoots
Date Posted: 08 Jan 2017 at 12:22pm
A serious talent in my humble opinion, there are 3 irish players that i think would do very well in the Premiership, Cullen (maybe a little more time required), Doherty and Hourihane, COYGreens.

Date Posted: 08 Jan 2017 at 2:49pm
Wouldn't mind if the fai organised a b international against one of the home countries to give these lads a chance to shine. I think the last one was against England at the cross when quinn stood out. We seem to have a few players breaking through at club level.

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Jan 2017 at 2:51pm
Cullen is an interesting player. It terms of style he's quite similar to Roy Keane - straight back, head up, always looking for the ball. He's not quick, but he's got a brain. He won't beat ten men and stick it in the top bin, but in a horrible looking Bradford team, he's one the few who can put a move together. He's definitely got a lot of promise.

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Jan 2017 at 2:56pm

Wouldn't mind if the fai organised a b international against one of the home countries to give these lads a chance to shine. I think the last one was against England at the cross when quinn stood out. We seem to have a few players breaking through at club level.
Our last B team outing was against Nottingham Forest in 2008, we had played Scotland  B twice over the same period. There was a game between the B team and a LOI select in the 90s and we lost to England too since we beat them at the Cross

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Jan 2017 at 3:29pm
Ok but with the players that seem to be emerging do you think a b international would be any benefit

-------------

Posted By: SByrne24
Date Posted: 08 Jan 2017 at 3:52pm

Ok but with the players that seem to be emerging do you think a b international would be any benefit

This is why we have friendlies..

-------------
YBIG Resident Pilot

Posted By: Adobolo
Date Posted: 08 Jan 2017 at 3:54pm
Don't see the point of B internationals, we play enough friendlys that the likes of Cullen, Egan, Hoban Forrester are given a run and be made feel part of the set up.

Posted By: FrankosHereNow
Date Posted: 08 Jan 2017 at 4:08pm
What's a home country?

-------------
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row

Date Posted: 08 Jan 2017 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

What's a home country?
Well spotted, how the f**k did I miss that! 

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Jan 2017 at 4:33pm
Only difference is with friendlies is they don't tend to cap that many new players. I can't see Kelly egan field Cullen Byrne horgan and possibly hewelt given a run. Home nations lol don't be so touchy lads

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Jan 2017 at 4:52pm

Only difference is with friendlies is they don't tend to cap that many new players. I can't see Kelly egan field Cullen Byrne horgan and possibly hewelt given a run. Home nations lol don't be so touchy lads
'Home nations lol'. EmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Jan 2017 at 5:57pm

If we're being pedantic, KK wrote "against one of the home countries" not "another one of the home countries", suggesting that it doesn't include us.

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Jan 2017 at 6:01pm

If we're being pedantic, KK wrote "against one of the home countries" not "another one of the home countries", suggesting that it doesn't include us.
Confused Nobody said he did include us, that would be even worse!

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Jan 2017 at 6:20pm

Then what's the problem?

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Jan 2017 at 6:22pm

Then what's the problem?
For it to be a home country it has to be part of your home.

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Jan 2017 at 6:27pm

Then what's the problem?

f**king hell. Get a grip kids. It doesn't, for the record https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Home_Nations

-------------

Posted By: Strazdas
Date Posted: 08 Jan 2017 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

What's a home country?

That would be one of us, NI, England, Scotland and Wales (colloquially speaking)

I love the way people are anxious to edit out our footballing history : we were playing matches in Dublin as 'Ireland' in the British Home Championship from 1884 onwards. Indeed, our only opponents during that period were England, Scotland and Wales.

Date Posted: 08 Jan 2017 at 6:43pm

Then what's the problem?

f**king hell. Get a grip kids. It doesn't, for the record https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Home_Nations
It is one of the things that grates a lot when you live in the 'home countries', the reason they are referred to as the home countries is self-explanatory and shouldn't need an incorrect link to wikipedia.
Colloquially speaking we are not a home nation or in any way home nation, we may have been once, not now. That isn't 'airbrushing history', it is realising the present.

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Jan 2017 at 7:19pm

Then what's the problem?

It is one of the things that grates a lot when you live in the 'home countries', the reason they are referred to as the home countries is self-explanatory and shouldn't need an incorrect link to wikipedia.
Colloquially speaking we are not a home nation or in any way home nation, we may have been once, not now. That isn't 'airbrushing history', it is realising the present.

You're right. Sorry KK, you have incurred the wrath of the revolutionary council and you will be shot in the morning.

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Jan 2017 at 7:35pm

Then what's the problem?

You're right. Sorry KK, you have incurred the wrath of the revolutionary council and you will be shot in the morning.
lolz, top bantz

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Jan 2017 at 10:26pm
Guess who got MOTM again today

-------------

Posted By: Cathalthesmart
Date Posted: 14 Jan 2017 at 10:45pm
Ffs this kid like, really should be looked at by MON.

-------------
Hi Lads

Date Posted: 15 Jan 2017 at 3:54pm
How many weeks in a row is that now?  The lad is clearly far too good for league 1, expect him to be a part of the West Ham squad next season 

Date Posted: 15 Jan 2017 at 4:06pm

How many weeks in a row is that now?  The lad is clearly far too good for league 1, expect him to be a part of the West Ham squad next season 
he deserves to be part of the WHU squad or even XI now. And I doubt he'll get a chance next season, they'll spend millions on some foreign CM. Anyway I think Cullen will end up playing for some championship team

-------------

Posted By: BrendanD88
Date Posted: 15 Jan 2017 at 6:42pm
Good to see he's doing well but how many times have you seen him play this season to declare he's good enough for WHU's squad now?

Posted By: Luis Amor Rodriguez
Date Posted: 16 Jan 2017 at 2:47pm
Or good enough to be called up in a developmental role in our squad.  Get this guy involved now.

Posted By: The O'Shea
Date Posted: 16 Jan 2017 at 2:59pm
He is "involved", he's a regular in our U-21 squad.

-------------
We're decent enough..

Posted By: pateen
Date Posted: 16 Jan 2017 at 3:05pm
Great to see.
When does his loan period expire, end of the season is it?

Date Posted: 16 Jan 2017 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by pateen pateen wrote:

Great to see.
When does his loan period expire, end of the season is it?
Yeah, was originally meant to be January but they extended it til the end of the season

Date Posted: 16 Jan 2017 at 3:31pm

I have just been reading the 'Claret and Banter' forum and the local paper, he was barely mentioned in the match report, apart from going close with a free-kick and his forum mentions were hardly earth shattering, in other words he clearly he wasn't motm; Bradford lost and the whole team played poorly away to a relegation threatened side. One poster had him as his Bradford motm, most had Colin Doyle, others bemoaned his lack of creativity and his failure to 'dominate like he can'. This isn't having a go at Cullen, a quick look at anything Bradford City related shows how important he is for them, rather a dig at the peddling of myths that goes on by posters on here; it is completely unnecessary and benefits nobody to have people who watch him on twitter telling us he should be called up or that he is 'far too good for league one' when there is nothing to prove it. He is clearly an excellent prospect who is doing well at Bradford and will continue to progress with our 21s, for the moment at least.
It is funny that posters who over hype our players are the first to complain if the English get excited by a homegrown Premier League debutant.

-------------

Posted By: irishmufc
Date Posted: 16 Jan 2017 at 3:37pm

I have just been reading the 'Claret and Banter' forum and the local paper, he was barely mentioned in the match report, apart from going close with a free-kick and his forum mentions were hardly earth shattering, in other words he clearly he wasn't motm; Bradford lost and the whole team played poorly away to a relegation threatened side. One poster had him as his Bradford motm, most had Colin Doyle, others bemoaned his lack of creativity and his failure to 'dominate like he can'. This isn't having a go at Cullen, a quick look at anything Bradford City related shows how important he is for them, rather a dig at the peddling of myths that goes on by posters on here; it is completely unnecessary and benefits nobody to have people who watch him on twitter telling us he should be called up or that he is 'far too good for league one' when there is nothing to prove it. He is clearly an excellent prospect who is doing well at Bradford and will continue to progress with our 21s, for the moment at least.
It is funny that posters who over hype our players are the first to complain if the English get excited by a homegrown Premier League debutant.

Clap 

Happens every day on here.

-------------
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.

Posted By: BrendanD88
Date Posted: 16 Jan 2017 at 4:25pm

the guy is an absolute spoofer

Date Posted: 16 Jan 2017 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

the guy is an absolute spoofer
I just don't understand it, what is the point of posting lies and half-truths on here? 

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Jan 2017 at 5:04pm

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Jan 2017 at 5:05pm
He got official MOTM you clown, don't cry

-------------

Posted By: tetsujin1979
Date Posted: 16 Jan 2017 at 5:13pm
same forum has Cullen as the clear favourite for Player of the Season: https://claretandbanter.uk/threads/player-of-the-season-so-far.51448/" rel="nofollow - https://claretandbanter.uk/threads/player-of-the-season-so-far.51448/

-------------
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on https://mastodon.ie/@irish_abroad" rel="nofollow - mastodon and https://www.facebook.com/irishfootballstatisics" rel="nofollow - facebook

Date Posted: 16 Jan 2017 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by tetsujin1979 tetsujin1979 wrote:

same forum has Cullen as the clear favourite for Player of the Season: https://claretandbanter.uk/threads/player-of-the-season-so-far.51448/" rel="nofollow - https://claretandbanter.uk/threads/player-of-the-season-so-far.51448/

Indeed, they love him there, which makes the need for lies even more baffling. There was no MOTM given by the Bradford City website or newspaper and the only official motm in leagues 1 and 2 is awarded by the home team, usually through sponsors. As Shrewsbury won and played well and Bradford the opposite, I very much doubt he was awarded an official anything, even if he seems to have been far from the worst offenders in a Bradford shirt.
It isn't even this instance that is particularly irksome, it is the constant narrative running through certain posters  offerings   on here. If an Irish player isn't picked he is 'being treated like sh*te', if he scores a goal or in some cases even plays a game 'MON should be looking at him' while the same lads come out with things like 'if Cullen was English he would be starting at West Ham'. Most of this knowledge comes from twitter, where this particular offending poster in question can , in certain cases, literally tell us what potential Irish internationals have for breakfast.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net