You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Josh Cullen

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5455565758 64>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2023 at 6:14am
Cullen's been excellent since he came in. Unfortunate that the keeper made the save from his corner. It would have been some sort of redemption for him.

We didn't switch play to our WB's enough but I'd nearly put that down to the CB's and WB's more than the midfield, who are often guilty of playing it safe. Against France that's understandable.

There were times in the first half that O'Shea or Egan had the ball and if Coleman had stepped on another 5 yards, he was on to receive the switch. I think O'Shea tried one but Coleman didn't anticipate it and it went out of play.

I can understand him not wanting to push on because of Mbappe's threat but our midfield aren't the only ones playing it safe at times. It was the same in the 2nd half when McClean came on, Collins (ended up the left of the three IIRC) had the chance to speed things up and play it in front of McClean to get him going forward, but the passes were slow and behind him so it took all the tempo out of it.

Edited by The Huntacha - 29 Mar 2023 at 6:16am
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Sponsored Links

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2023 at 8:19am
France were setting traps to
Intercept that type of ball.  
AKA pedantic kunt
10 Box View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10 Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2023 at 10:28am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

France were setting traps to
Intercept that type of ball.  

Kenny mentioned it was the first time in a while the French pressed high. They had not done it during the WC. They obviously did their homework on us as if you press high against us the ball ends up being hit long a lot of the time. This is because we do not have a midfielder who is willing to turn on the ball under pressure when receiving from  the CBs & WBs. The ball usually goes sideways or backwards. Cullen & Molumby give us a good base but we badly need someone who will turn on the ball in these situations.
Hopefully Smallbone or a similar player will find their into the team to fix this as once it is I reckon we will have a good team on our hands.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2023 at 9:58pm
It's been coming for months, but Cullen's promotion to the Premier League with Burnley confirmed tonight.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2023 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

It's been coming for months, but Cullen's promotion to the Premier League with Burnley confirmed tonight.

Cool
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2023 at 9:59pm
Burnley guaranteed promotion with tonight's win. They're 11 points ahead of Sheffield United in second with 21 points left to play for.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2023 at 11:03pm
Delighted for Cullen Clap
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2023 at 11:32pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Delighted for Cullen Clap
Hopefully Kompany is still the manager, he might get in at the start of the season. 
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2023 at 7:24pm
Big season next year for the lads , now just hope we can hang on the the european places Big smile
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2023 at 9:59pm
Finally crowned champions tonight away to Blackburn. Will be great to see Cullen in the PL next season.
longford claret View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longford claret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2023 at 11:33pm
Great victory too , seeing that the away end holds 7,000 and Blackburn being their usual vindictive spiteful selves give Burnley 2,000 tickets. Made the victory so much sweeter. 

Edited by longford claret - 25 Apr 2023 at 11:34pm
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2023 at 8:53am
Originally posted by longford claret longford claret wrote:

Great victory too , seeing that the away end holds 7,000 and Blackburn being their usual vindictive spiteful selves give Burnley 2,000 tickets. Made the victory so much sweeter. 

I think the handball by Barnes at the end that the ref missed was even better LOL
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2023 at 9:23am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

I think the handball by Barnes at the end that the ref missed was even better LOL

Fairplay to Burnley lads. I find it incredible how well run the club is in terms of recruitment and transfer policy. Amount of talent they picked up in the summer/Jan and on the cheap as well is mental. Up their with Brighton and Brentford in terms of recruitment. Delighted to see them back in the PL. 

Only slight issue is they are gonna be victims of that recruitment ability in the sense the likes of Maatsen, Tella and Beyer will cost plenty if they want permanently. Don’t see them with an option to buy in Tella or Maatsen

How do ye lads see Mcnallys future faring for them following his exceptional run of form for Coventry. Not to say they mightn’t make the play offs and go up yet!

Edited by kevin100 - 26 Apr 2023 at 9:27am
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2023 at 9:55am
Can still see McNally being used as a possible deal to try sign Gyökeres by Burnley. Hamer is another lad they should be trying to sign this summer as he's excellent. Both should be coming into the final years of their contracts. Coventry will need promotion to stand a chance of hanging on to both.
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2023 at 11:38am
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Fairplay to Burnley lads. I find it incredible how well run the club is in terms of recruitment and transfer policy. Amount of talent they picked up in the summer/Jan and on the cheap as well is mental. Up their with Brighton and Brentford in terms of recruitment. Delighted to see them back in the PL. 

Only slight issue is they are gonna be victims of that recruitment ability in the sense the likes of Maatsen, Tella and Beyer will cost plenty if they want permanently. Don’t see them with an option to buy in Tella or Maatsen

How do ye lads see Mcnallys future faring for them following his exceptional run of form for Coventry. Not to say they mightn’t make the play offs and go up yet!

Welllllllllllll lots of questions for sure as there will be lots coming and goings , now how to 2nd guess what Kompany will be given cash wise and who he wants will be soon seen . What i do know is that he will not hang about and will have most transfers done by July . 
Luder View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2023 at 3:33pm
If Kompany himself isn't gone by then.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2023 at 9:33pm
Cullen wins both the fans and players player of the season at Burnley.
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2023 at 10:29pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Cullen wins both the fans and players player of the season at Burnley.
Looking forward to seeing him in the PL next year. Aside from the mistake vs France he's hardly put a foot wrong for us.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5455565758 64>
  Share Topic