You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Josh Cullen

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4849505152 64>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2022 at 10:15am
It's a step up as championship is a far stronger league than Belgium so it is a good move in my opinion. 
He is going to a manager who clearly loves him and will play him. 

If Burnley struggle then hopefully he is excelling in a struggling team. But I also don't see that Burnley will be a struggling team. I think they will still be a top 6 team and let's be honest, that is about Cullen's level (top of championship, bottom or EPL).

Sponsored Links

SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2022 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

I don't think its a great move at all.  He'll get game time but that's about it.  Burnley are in massive dbt and Kompany is far from a  proven manager.  I doubt they will be in the promotion hunt.
Spot-on. Kompany's managerial effort has been disappointing. He has the pedigree equivalent of someone who has guided Celtic to third in the SPFL. Cullen is now 26 and has spent two years in Belgium proving what we already knew - he's Championship quality. His low-pay, two-year "out-foreign" experience has won him nothing other than an underwhelming move to a troubled downward club under a dubious manager. 
That’s pure nonsense. Anderlecht haven’t won a title since 2017 and Brugge are undoubtedly the strongest side in that league. Kompany could well flop at Burnley but your comparison to Celtic is way way off.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2022 at 2:34am
Originally posted by SeaSharp SeaSharp wrote:

Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

I don't think its a great move at all.  He'll get game time but that's about it.  Burnley are in massive dbt and Kompany is far from a  proven manager.  I doubt they will be in the promotion hunt.
Spot-on. Kompany's managerial effort has been disappointing. He has the pedigree equivalent of someone who has guided Celtic to third in the SPFL. Cullen is now 26 and has spent two years in Belgium proving what we already knew - he's Championship quality. His low-pay, two-year "out-foreign" experience has won him nothing other than an underwhelming move to a troubled downward club under a dubious manager. 
That’s pure nonsense. Anderlecht haven’t won a title since 2017 and Brugge are undoubtedly the strongest side in that league. Kompany could well flop at Burnley but your comparison to Celtic is way way off.
Kompany has added three more blank seasons. He arrived in a blaze of optimism but has fallen foul of the board, fans and players. He has been accused of arrogance and naivety. He leaves the club worse than how he found it  ("by mutual consent"). The SPFL analogy is not way off - had Celtic finished third (or second) this season following the traumas of the previous year, Postecoglou would now be back picking bananas in Queensland.

As for Josh Cullen, he's a quality player but (imo) not EPL quality. Nevertheless, I remain convinced his past two seasons would have been better served at a decent, ambitious Championship club where he would have been better placed to prove skeptics like myself wrong. 

Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2022 at 6:58am
Looks like Cullen is a done deal should hear very soon i have been told as he moves to the Clarets 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2022 at 7:21am
A good move for him I think. Shows his value. Always a strong sign when a manager moves on and brings a player with him. I think he'll do very well there.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
KingKenny View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KingKenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2022 at 11:41am
Brick it's clear you know absolutely nothing about the club Kompany went into
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2022 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by KingKenny KingKenny wrote:

Brick it's clear you know absolutely nothing about the club Kompany went into
Another inane yawn from this disgraced rebranded yob.

Edited by Mr Brick - 13 Jul 2022 at 11:31am
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2022 at 11:43am
This transfer seems to have been going on for ages now but the latest report (from the usually reliable Pete O'Rourke) is that he passed his medical at Burnley yesterday and has agreed terms so it should just be a question of making the announcement at some point that week.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2022 at 6:01pm
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
SC92 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2022 at 6:02pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

oh man this is cringe  LOL

Painful to watch. Confused
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2022 at 6:15pm

I like it

Clap
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2022 at 6:41pm
It's cxxtish LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2022 at 7:01pm
One of the worst signing announcements I've ever seen. But a very good move by Burnley to get him in for £3m all the same.
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2022 at 7:06pm
One out one in for the Irish Clarets 
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2022 at 7:50pm
Turned down moves to La Liga and the Bundesliga to live in Burnley according to the Athletic.
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2022 at 7:54am
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Turned down moves to La Liga and the Bundesliga to live in Burnley according to the Athletic.

I really doubt he would live in Burnley , the last i read only one player from the 1st team lived in Burnley and he was born there LOL
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2022 at 9:15am
Originally posted by SC92 SC92 wrote:

Painful to watch. Confused

It's fairly obviously a piss take - The ticker along the bottom says as much!
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2022 at 9:36am
I wish I hadn’t seen that. No matter, it will be interesting to see how Cullen develops in the Championship. He’s mixed it well at international level, and two years in Belgium has probably brought an extra level of maturity to his game. Burnley has been a bit of a disappointment for Irish players recently, but this is under new management and in a new league.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4849505152 64>
  Share Topic