Josh Cullen

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 64>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2023 at 1:46pm
Molumby and Cullen both had their worst games in an Ireland shirt vs Greece, couldn't have happened at a more inopportune time.
We're decent enough..
Sponsored Links

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2023 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

His worst performance for us, hide and seek champion last night..

So many times Collins had the ball and as he looked up there was no pass for him into midfield so he was forced to go on a couple of runs into no man’s land.

Molumby similar, crying out for a midfielder that actually wants the ball. 

Surprised this hasn't been called up sooner. 

Just watching the game again on the RTE player and he NEVER shows for the ball which is one of his stronger attributes. Standing there with the backs looking to play through the middle and he he's standing in the middle of the pitch, static, finger pointing and concede possession easily. 

Very disappointing performance.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
darman28 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2023 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Originally posted by darman28 darman28 wrote:

Yes poorest performance  from Cullen in an Irish Jersey. Our whole starting midfield were very poor.
Molumby just didn't show up at all. 
Smallbone had some good set piece deliveries, and he was involved in some of our limited attacking plays but he didn't do enough of his all round midfield duties. I thought it was a big ask for him in his first competitive start away to Greece.
I would still like to see Smallbone start again on Monday tho, maybe with knight and Cullen in midfield. Smallbone is still one of our best set piece takers and creative midfielders available to us.

Indeed. no point throwing the baby out with the bath water. I agree Smallbone should start Monday, he looked nervy last night and a bit lightweight, but he still had some nice touches. I thought maybe the occasion got the better of him. He still looks to be part of the potential solution to our inept midfield.

I was thinking the same that the occasion  got to him, plus the fact his experienced midfield partners under performed and didn't stamp any authority on the match. 
Gibraltar on Monday  will be a totally different match. We are going to have a lot more possession which will suit smallbone better.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2023 at 7:13pm
Originally posted by darman28 darman28 wrote:

Yes poorest performance  from Cullen in an Irish Jersey. Our whole starting midfield were very poor.
Smallbone had some good set piece deliveries, and he was involved in some of our limited attacking plays but he didn't do enough of his all round midfield duties. I thought it was a big ask for him in his first competitive start away to Greece.
I would still like to see Smallbone start again on Monday tho, maybe with knight and Cullen in midfield. Smallbone is still one of our best set piece takers and creative midfielders available to us.

Indeed. no point throwing the baby out with the bath water. I agree Smallbone should start Monday, he looked nervy last night and a bit lightweight, but he still had some nice touches. I thought maybe the occasion got the better of him. He still looks to be part of the potential solution to our inept midfield.
Idah Dream!
darman28 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2023 at 7:04pm
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2023 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by E2016 E2016 wrote:

Uncharacteristically poor the last two games.

More credit in the bank in the Kenny era than virtually anyone. Premier League football should improve him further. 

Hopefully! My fear is he gets found out at that level, he does everything quite well, I'm just not sure if that's enough in the big League, we'll see next season - I'd certainly prefer him in there having a go, but I'm yet to be convinced.
Idah Dream!
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2023 at 3:49pm
Uncharacteristically poor the last two games.

More credit in the bank in the Kenny era than virtually anyone. Premier League football should improve him further. 
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2023 at 10:22am
While it’s great he’s back in the “Prem” with Burnley,that move has paid off etc to my eyes who’s gone backwards for us in the year since he’s moved from Anderlecht. 

Last night was his worst performance by a distance. 
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2023 at 10:18am
His worst performance for us, hide and seek champion last night..

So many times Collins had the ball and as he looked up there was no pass for him into midfield so he was forced to go on a couple of runs into no man’s land.

Molumby similar, crying out for a midfielder that actually wants the ball. 
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2023 at 10:29pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Cullen wins both the fans and players player of the season at Burnley.
Looking forward to seeing him in the PL next year. Aside from the mistake vs France he's hardly put a foot wrong for us.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2023 at 9:33pm
Cullen wins both the fans and players player of the season at Burnley.
Luder View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2023 at 3:33pm
If Kompany himself isn't gone by then.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2023 at 11:38am
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Originally posted by longford claret longford claret wrote:

Great victory too , seeing that the away end holds 7,000 and Blackburn being their usual vindictive spiteful selves give Burnley 2,000 tickets. Made the victory so much sweeter. 

I think the handball by Barnes at the end that the ref missed was even better LOL

Fairplay to Burnley lads. I find it incredible how well run the club is in terms of recruitment and transfer policy. Amount of talent they picked up in the summer/Jan and on the cheap as well is mental. Up their with Brighton and Brentford in terms of recruitment. Delighted to see them back in the PL. 

Only slight issue is they are gonna be victims of that recruitment ability in the sense the likes of Maatsen, Tella and Beyer will cost plenty if they want permanently. Don’t see them with an option to buy in Tella or Maatsen

How do ye lads see Mcnallys future faring for them following his exceptional run of form for Coventry. Not to say they mightn’t make the play offs and go up yet!

Welllllllllllll lots of questions for sure as there will be lots coming and goings , now how to 2nd guess what Kompany will be given cash wise and who he wants will be soon seen . What i do know is that he will not hang about and will have most transfers done by July . 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2023 at 9:55am
Can still see McNally being used as a possible deal to try sign Gyökeres by Burnley. Hamer is another lad they should be trying to sign this summer as he's excellent. Both should be coming into the final years of their contracts. Coventry will need promotion to stand a chance of hanging on to both.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2023 at 9:23am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Great victory too , seeing that the away end holds 7,000 and Blackburn being their usual vindictive spiteful selves give Burnley 2,000 tickets. Made the victory so much sweeter. 

I think the handball by Barnes at the end that the ref missed was even better LOL

Fairplay to Burnley lads. I find it incredible how well run the club is in terms of recruitment and transfer policy. Amount of talent they picked up in the summer/Jan and on the cheap as well is mental. Up their with Brighton and Brentford in terms of recruitment. Delighted to see them back in the PL. 

Only slight issue is they are gonna be victims of that recruitment ability in the sense the likes of Maatsen, Tella and Beyer will cost plenty if they want permanently. Don’t see them with an option to buy in Tella or Maatsen

How do ye lads see Mcnallys future faring for them following his exceptional run of form for Coventry. Not to say they mightn’t make the play offs and go up yet!

Edited by kevin100 - 26 Apr 2023 at 9:27am
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2023 at 8:53am

Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
longford claret View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longford claret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2023 at 11:33pm

Edited by longford claret - 25 Apr 2023 at 11:34pm
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2023 at 9:59pm
Finally crowned champions tonight away to Blackburn. Will be great to see Cullen in the PL next season.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 64>
  Share Topic