FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Josh Cullen

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 61626364>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Bohsfan84 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bohsfan84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2016 at 6:00pm
Originally posted by killer kilbane killer kilbane wrote:

on loan to Bradford

Rogan Josh.
Sponsored Links

killer kilbane View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote killer kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2016 at 8:23pm
on loan to Bradford
And it's come through now to mackay... and it's there
Bohsfan84 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bohsfan84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2015 at 8:37pm
Ok ok ok.

It is what it is.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2015 at 11:20am
Originally posted by Bohsfan84 Bohsfan84 wrote:

Is that rendering of the quote not a bit of a reach, Declan?

And Jack Grealish and his father always waxed lyrical about their roots when asked about them and look how that turned out?

Anyways let's hope he can make the step that Grego-Cox, Harriman and Garmston haven't made and get established in the PL.

Are you constantly so cynical? Would you be as cynical if Cullen was say, Norwegian born, as you are of him because he's English born? He's said it makes him extremely proud to represent Ireland so why not believe him considering those are words from the source himself? Once again demonstrating your utter lack of respect for the motives of second gen. players.
We're decent enough..
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2015 at 10:10am
once he sees leitrim he will disown his roots im sure of it........
Bohsfan84 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bohsfan84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2015 at 9:59am
Is that rendering of the quote not a bit of a reach, Declan?

And Jack Grealish and his father always waxed lyrical about their roots when asked about them and look how that turned out?

Anyways let's hope he can make the step that Grego-Cox, Harriman and Garmston haven't made and get established in the PL.
Just saying like View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The truth is out there

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Just saying like Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2015 at 7:19am
Originally posted by 085immersive 085immersive wrote:

Smart move by his old man. Holding off on taking his son to see Leitrim until he has been fully tied to us

ClapClapClap LOL
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2015 at 12:08am
Originally posted by Bohsfan84 Bohsfan84 wrote:

So Cullen's Irish now? What was he before that? 

Not sure if you're joking or not, but I'd say the correct rendering of the quote would be:
"He's as Irish as could be, now."

Maguire is not saying that Cullen has just become Irish. He's saying that Cullen is Irish.
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
085immersive View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 085immersive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2015 at 9:07pm
Smart move by his old man. Holding off on taking his son to see Leitrim until he has been fully tied to us
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2015 at 8:24pm
From the horses mouth...now can we cencetrate om his performances..

"Everyone is entitled to make a decision for themselves and Jack has made his decision, I can only speak for myself and say that I am fully focused on playing for Ireland and getting this team to the U21 finals in Poland.

"Jack has made his call and that's up to him, I am proud to play for Ireland every time I pull on the shirt. I know my dad's very proud to see me play, he hopes to come over to this game tonight, it's such a proud moment for me to pull on that green shirt and represent my grandparents," says Cullen.

"Both of my grandparents on my dad's side are Irish, they were from Co Leitrim and moved over to England, where my dad was born.

"They have both passed away, unfortunately, but it's a very proud thing for me to be able to play for Ireland, every time I pull on that green jersey I play for them and think about my grandparents. I haven't been to Leitrim yet but I am on my dad's case to take me there," he joked.
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2015 at 6:05pm
This isnt the Jack Grealish thread.
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
Bohsfan84 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bohsfan84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2015 at 5:53pm
So Cullen's Irish now? What was he before that? 

In Grealish's defence, his situation is a lot different to most granny rule players. He is a genuine talent regardless of his dip in form, and he has piqued the interest of the England senior team.

The way he went about things was duplicitous though. It was obvious he wanted to play for England. Fine, but don't take up squad places at underage level if your heart's not in it; and certainly don't take the piss out of us by turning up to the FAI Awards to pick up an award and to boost your publicity having neglected to accept several call ups.
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2015 at 5:45pm
"He's as Irish as could be now, there were a few Irish lads over there at the same time and we all hung around together.

"We used to tease him, call him a 'fake little Paddy', just to wind him up but he is fully on board with Ireland. Josh is an incredible player, he's very similar to Mark Noble but he's only 19 and has a long way to go."

http://m.herald.ie/sport/soccer/fake-paddy-josh-cullen-is-a-class-act-reveals-former-teammate-sean-maguire-31497533.html
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2015 at 5:42pm

Originally posted by rolo rolo wrote:

On the bench again today, as he was for the game against Everton just before the international break.

Not a bad place to be, 5 months short of his 20th birthday.

Surprisingly little talk about him on here.

Between himself and Jack Byrne as to who will be the next player to break through from the underage teams.

Are we sure he will stay with us?

Of course fans are gonna be tentative, like a jilted lover LOL
But Grealish was always biding his time. Cullen apparently is on board.

Bohsfan84 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bohsfan84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2015 at 5:08pm
I think I read something a short while back during the height of the Grealish saga where he said he would not follow in Grealish's footsteps and switch to England.

So maybe he is still allowed to switch back?

I have also seen him refer to Ireland as "them" when talking about them so the Grealish thing may have been bluster on his part.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2015 at 5:05pm

On the bench again today, as he was for the game against Everton just before the international break.

Between himself and Jack Byrne as to who will be the next player to break through from the underage teams.

he has already switched from England. don't think he can switch back.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
085immersive View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 085immersive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2015 at 4:29pm

rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2015 at 3:17pm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 61626364>
  Share Topic