FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Josh Cullen

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 64>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2022 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Is this not just lazy speculation? How often do managers actually bring players when they move clubs? It gets speculated about a lot but rarely happens.

Jesse Marsch looks like he wants to take the seats with him to Leeds from Salzburg (brief stint at RBL before it obviously)

I think Collins said they actually spoke about it so wouldn't be that much less than a coinflip imo.
Sponsored Links

J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2022 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by AbuAbu AbuAbu wrote:

Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Is this not just lazy speculation? How often do managers actually bring players when they move clubs? It gets speculated about a lot but rarely happens.

Probably not much but if he's looking to play the same system at Burnley as he used last season then Cullen would be a no brainer.

The number 6 (Cullen) would drop back into a RCB position when starting attacks from the back. Don't think he's gonna get that from Cork or Westwood. If Cullen is going cheap would be a no brainer to bring in someone that knows your system and plays an important role in it.

If Burnley have to have a fire sale, a player like Cullen coming in could get the brunt of the criticism for a bad season when the reality would be he never stood a chance. If I was him, I would be looking for assurances regarding the squad before I signed.

True, but you have to feel that Kompany wouldn't have taken the job in the first place if things were gonna get worse again for Burnley.
AbuAbu View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbuAbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2022 at 2:01pm

Probably not much but if he's looking to play the same system at Burnley as he used last season then Cullen would be a no brainer.

The number 6 (Cullen) would drop back into a RCB position when starting attacks from the back. Don't think he's gonna get that from Cork or Westwood. If Cullen is going cheap would be a no brainer to bring in someone that knows your system and plays an important role in it.

If Burnley have to have a fire sale, a player like Cullen coming in could get the brunt of the criticism for a bad season when the reality would be he never stood a chance. If I was him, I would be looking for assurances regarding the squad before I signed.
It's not me it's you:-)
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2022 at 1:29pm

Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2022 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Anderlecht not an underperforming team in a league a bit better than the Scottish one, in fairness?

Remember Dominic Foley plundering goals in that league.

46 goals in 175 appearances (1 in 4). 

So in other words, sh*t if it related to an English-born striker, but "plundering goals" if you're talking down the standard of a league an English-born footballer plays in.

Knew that would trigger the little headbanger. LOL

I'm just giving a bit of perspective as to why Premier League clubs, most of whom operate on budgets ten times that of Anderlecht, are probably aiming their sights higher than Josh bleeding Cullen.

A Championship side aiming for promotion would be a fantastic move for someone unproven in a top European league and who has relatively little Championship experience.

I don't think Knight will get a PL move either. Has nothing to do with Cullen being English, you mad man!
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2022 at 1:08pm
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2022 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

I am Cullen's biggest fan but this would be a very dissapointing move if he made it. Kompany loves him I'm sure but going from being a key player in one of the top sides in one of the top 6/7 Leagues in Europe to Burnley in the Championship up to their eyeballs in debt. 

Would be a sideways move at best for me.

The only advantage to Burnley would be that he'd be a guaranteed starter. A move to West Ham, or the like, might see him spend an awful lot of time on the bench. It all depends on how bad Burnley's financial situation is. If they can afford to keep Collins and some of their better players (Taylor, McNeil, Weghorst etc.) and then add Cullen to the mix, a move there will be just grand and they could easily challenge for promotion. 

The problem is if they have to sell a heap of players and then he comes in to a club trying to change it's whole belief system under an inexperienced manager (with an average track record thus far) while losing several important players, it could turn in to a clusterf**k very, very quickly.
Idah Dream!
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2022 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Anderlecht not an underperforming team in a league a bit better than the Scottish one, in fairness?

46 goals in 175 appearances (1 in 4). 

So in other words, sh*t if it related to an English-born striker, but "plundering goals" if you're talking down the standard of a league an English-born footballer plays in.
We're decent enough..
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2022 at 12:34pm
He was always gonna move back to England. Think he would have been a bargain signing for someone in the Bundesliga.

Edited by J89 - 17 Jun 2022 at 12:36pm
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2022 at 12:13pm

kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2022 at 12:05pm
I am Cullen's biggest fan but this would be a very dissapointing move if he made it. Kompany loves him I'm sure but going from being a key player in one of the top sides in one of the top 6/7 Leagues in Europe to Burnley in the Championship up to their eyeballs in debt. 

Would be a sideways move at best for me.
SC92 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2022 at 12:04pm
Kompany would have Burnley attempting to play football you would hope but Cullen could still do better. 
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2022 at 12:02pm
https://twitter.com/BurnleyReport/status/1537362185785159681

think cullen could be doing a lot better than Burnley.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2022 at 11:56am
That transfer feels as inevitable as the Jeff Hendrick to Newcastle one did last summer.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2022 at 11:55am

Don't know how reliable this is but the inevitable link to Burnley for Cullen! https://twitter.com/BradJonesJourno/status/1536704241557020672?t=EVVCGENo_g9yKizKLKqT2Q&s=19
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2022 at 7:52pm
Originally posted by amccarten313 amccarten313 wrote:

Think Cullen's main focus for any move very well could be who'll offer him the most money rather than the most minutes.

why is that?

He's 26 and gets paid less than the highest paid player at Luton Town who have one of the lowest budgets in the Championship.
amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2022 at 7:39pm

Think Cullen's main focus for any move very well could be who'll offer him the most money rather than the most minutes.

why is that?
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2022 at 3:43pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 64>
  Share Topic