FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Josh Cullen

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 64>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2022 at 12:23pm
Be in even better shape if they do sign Knight.
No more word on that, and may have never been more than a rumour, but he'd be a super signing for them.

Twine (mentioned) is a v. good player too.

Edited by Fozz - 13 Jul 2022 at 12:24pm
Sponsored Links

darman28 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2022 at 11:59am
I can see Cullen having a good season for Burnley. He has played around 45 matches in the Championship before with Charlton and Bolton so he knows what to expect, as well as playing for a manager he has been playing under the past two seasons.
I also think Burnley will be in the top six this season. I think a lot more is being made of their debt and players leaving than it is. Yes they lost Collins and Pope but they got good fees for them. The two other big players they lost are Tarkowski ( probably the biggest player to leave for free) and Ben Mee but Mee is 32 and still injured. The rest that left for free Lennon(35), Stephens(33), Pieters(33 and has a knee injury) and Bardsley(37), I think they would be shifted out the door anyways.
They have made some good bargain signings in Cullen, McNally, Bastien, Egan-Riley, Hardwood-bellis and Twine. 
But looking at their squad there are some good premier league/Championship players still in the squad and I'd say a club like Burnley would have good wage reduction clauses for relegation.
Obviously a few more of the bigger players might leave in this window or the next like Cornet and McNeil but they would probably get good money for them which will help with their debts. Kompany  can pick and choose who he can sell or let stay on from the squad and still be left with a pool of a good championship squad and with a few more clever signings which they are doing anyway. There are a few older lads they might move on and a few injuries to deal with. They also have a big pool of young players in the youth teams to pull from too. I don't think they are in such bad shape as it is being made out. 

Edited by darman28 - 13 Jul 2022 at 12:57pm
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2022 at 11:45am
Originally posted by SC92 SC92 wrote:

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

oh man this is cringe  LOL

Painful to watch. Confused

It's fairly obviously a piss take - The ticker along the bottom says as much!

I know it is still cringe-y though!

They kind of do that quite often when they sign a player , i think the best is when they signed Peter Crouch all they put up was a robot doing a Crouchy as it were . 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
SC92 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2022 at 11:03am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

I know it is still cringe-y though!
irish_major View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Bookie Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2022 at 10:24am
Some bargain for 3 million. He's going to have a big season. 
Here we go again
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2022 at 9:36am
I wish I hadn’t seen that. No matter, it will be interesting to see how Cullen develops in the Championship. He’s mixed it well at international level, and two years in Belgium has probably brought an extra level of maturity to his game. Burnley has been a bit of a disappointment for Irish players recently, but this is under new management and in a new league.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2022 at 9:15am

Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2022 at 7:54am
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Turned down moves to La Liga and the Bundesliga to live in Burnley according to the Athletic.

I really doubt he would live in Burnley , the last i read only one player from the 1st team lived in Burnley and he was born there LOL
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2022 at 7:50pm
Turned down moves to La Liga and the Bundesliga to live in Burnley according to the Athletic.
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2022 at 7:06pm
One out one in for the Irish Clarets 
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2022 at 7:01pm
One of the worst signing announcements I've ever seen. But a very good move by Burnley to get him in for £3m all the same.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2022 at 6:41pm
It's cxxtish LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2022 at 6:15pm

I like it

Clap
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
SC92 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2022 at 6:02pm

colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2022 at 6:01pm
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2022 at 11:43am
This transfer seems to have been going on for ages now but the latest report (from the usually reliable Pete O'Rourke) is that he passed his medical at Burnley yesterday and has agreed terms so it should just be a question of making the announcement at some point that week.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2022 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by KingKenny KingKenny wrote:

Brick it's clear you know absolutely nothing about the club Kompany went into
Another inane yawn from this disgraced rebranded yob.

Edited by Mr Brick - 13 Jul 2022 at 11:31am
KingKenny View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KingKenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2022 at 11:41am
Brick it's clear you know absolutely nothing about the club Kompany went into
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 64>
  Share Topic