You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

London

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3031323334 36>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2017 at 10:51pm
I've watched more than one match there and it was grand. I don't live in London but a friend of mind does and I've been over a few times.
ccfcmurphy View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccfcmurphy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 11:59am
Does anyone know a place in north London that will have preference for the fai cup final next Sunday over man united vs Chelsea?

Edited by ccfcmurphy - 01 Nov 2017 at 12:00pm
There's no point being the richest man in the graveyard
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by ccfcmurphy ccfcmurphy wrote:

Does anyone know a place in north London that will have preference for the fai cup final next Sunday over man united vs Chelsea?

I'd say your best bet is to watch Dundalk win at home.
Doubt any pub would show it.

Sligo Hornet View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Runner Up, Branson lookalike 2003

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 12:15pm

Slightly further north.............Dunnings Bar in Watford (a REAL Irish pub ).......they will undoubtedly be showing both games

Just a short walk from Watford Junction station
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 12:43pm
The aforementioned Sheephaven Bay in Camden might be worth a try.

Used to show LOI back in the setanta days and the Derry City Exiles supporters club would have gone there for games on tv.

By no means guaranteed but maybe worth giving them a shout. 
@AntrimMan85
El_nino View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Santa Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote El_nino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 1:15pm

The twelve pins opposite Finsbury Park station show LOI when you ask them at the bar.  they will normally put it on one of the smaller tvs.  

doubt any pub will be showing it as preference over the PL match.

daboi89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daboi89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 12:04am
Chaos this evening getting to work

Doesnt help im 10 mins from Oxford Street. Be some crowds now until Christmas
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 12:06am
Walk quicker then
daboi89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daboi89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 12:09am
Originally posted by PhilliyK PhilliyK wrote:

Walk quicker then

piss off. your nowhere near the 2 millianth post
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 5:09pm
Police are responding to reports of an incident at London's Oxford Circus Tube station, amid reports of people running away from the scene.

Not sure whats happening but doesnt look good.

A lot of people would be shopping around there.

nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Police are responding to reports of an incident at London's Oxford Circus Tube station, amid reports of people running away from the scene.

Not sure whats happening but doesnt look good.

A lot of people would be shopping around there.

Doesn't look like a major incident either, no reports of injuries or deaths or even what happened
d13dave View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d13dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 5:34pm
Appears the yoof are kicking off with each other.

Mad place for a gang fight on a Friday evening with cameras everywhere.  

Probably will end up being West Ham fans fighting with each other again. 
Fintan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
YBIG Mods are cool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fintan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 5:47pm
Lived in London for a fair few years on two occassions....absolute dump of a place. Couldnt pay me to go to Oxford Street between now and mid January.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 5:52pm
I'd say there'll be a terror attack in one of the main European cities over the Christmas.

Crowded streets and main squares with Christmas events/markets are the perfect target and almost impossible to police entirely.
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 6:18pm
Mail Online speculated that the incident at Oxford Circus in Londoninvolved a lorry crashing into pedestrians based on a social media post that was ten days old.

The website’s article on the incident included a headline referring to a lorry and quoted a Twitter post that was from 14 November. The Daily Mail UK Twitter account also posted

Witnesses describe seeing a lorry surrounded by police on a pavement covered with blood.

Mail Online quickly deleted references to the lorry from the article and the social media post. However, it was heavily criticised on social media for speculating about the incident.

SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

I'd say there'll be a terror attack in one of the main European cities over the Christmas.

Crowded streets and main squares with Christmas events/markets are the perfect target and almost impossible to police entirely.

Most cities have put up concrete barriers at the entrance to pedestrian areas. I noticed it in Vienna, anyway. Either those or increased street furniture; they all help to stop or slow down the sort of high speed vehicle attacks we've seen.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 6:41pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Most cities have put up concrete barriers at the entrance to pedestrian areas. I noticed it in Vienna, anyway. Either those or increased street furniture; they all help to stop or slow down the sort of high speed vehicle attacks we've seen.

Doesn't have to be a vehicle attack. Even a knife attack like the one at London Bridge can easily be done and have maximum media exposure.

I suppose at least with the barriers, it'll decrease the chances of higher casualty numbers.
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
d13dave View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d13dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 6:48pm

Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Doesn't have to be a vehicle attack. Even a knife attack like the one at London Bridge can easily be done and have maximum media exposure.

I suppose at least with the barriers, it'll decrease the chances of higher casualty numbers.

I feel like Chris kamara when he missed the sending off at the Pompey game years ago

Have no clue what’s going on Jeff

Seems that perhaps nothing happened and something just started a panic now

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3031323334 36>
  Share Topic