You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

London

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 36>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Anyone been to Khan's in tooting bec? Been once and it was top notch. They serve up Afghan/Pakistan grub. Highly recommended. Note there's no alcohol sold or byob iirc.

Khan's? Don't know it. You thinking of spice village?
@AntrimMan85
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

Anyone been to Khan's in tooting bec? Been once and it was top notch. They serve up Afghan/Pakistan grub. Highly recommended. Note there's no alcohol sold or byob iirc.

I'm on the tube atm. As soon as I submitted the post it dawned on me that it was Spice Village... couldn't do anything until I got WiFi at next station

Really enjoyed spice village the time I went there. Khan's btw is in Bayswater. Another top notch tandoori
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by Gashley Grimes Gashley Grimes wrote:

For anybody in the East End who likes chicken.

Although I rather Hull to London Northern Soul I suppose - nothing beats a pint in the Grafton or the Lion and Key amongst men donning a trusty cable knit or fair isle pattern sweater enjoying a game of dominos.

Not a Vodafone or Filofax in sight.

Why is everything served in jars, vases and flower pots? What is wrong with plates, cups and glasses?

Check this out PM

https://www.twitter.com/WeWantPlates

Some of the things the food are served on are f**king ridiculous
A tennis racket? There were some beauties in there, but a tennis racket?
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 4:47pm
Tonka Truck was my favourite
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 4:48pm

I'm on the tube atm. As soon as I submitted the post it dawned on me that it was Spice Village... couldn't do anything until I got WiFi at next station

Really enjoyed spice village the time I went there. Khan's btw is in Bayswater. Another top notch tandoori

Aye, Spice Village is class. Pakistan Cricket team always so when in town. Not far from me either - Im sort of between Tooting Bec and Balham Stations
@AntrimMan85
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 4:50pm
Stick it on the to do list AM for my next visit
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 4:52pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

You read the no booze bit aye?
@AntrimMan85
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 4:54pm

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

You read the no booze bit aye?

One or three beforehand and a couple afterwards will see me struggle through
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 5:24pm

I didn't click on the link when I saw Gluten free.

Feel sorry for genuine celiacs, anywhere that advertises as Gluten free will surely be full of C***s

This boy's blog is brilliant, a true hero. It took me a bit of time to track this one down  but it is well worth reading.

colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 5:26pm

Aye, Spice Village is class. Pakistan Cricket team always so when in town. Not far from me either - Im sort of between Tooting Bec and Balham Stations

Definitely need to hit that joint again. A few scoops afterwards in the Ramble Inn and bobs yer uncle.

Another restaurant to add to the list is Sagar in Covent Garden. A top notch South Indian (vegetarian) restaurant where eating with your hands is optional. The food is savage and given the location is actually reasonably priced.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 5:57pm

Definitely need to hit that joint again. A few scoops afterwards in the Ramble Inn and bobs yer uncle.

Another restaurant to add to the list is Sagar in Covent Garden. A top notch South Indian (vegetarian) restaurant where eating with your hands is optional. The food is savage and given the location is actually reasonably priced.

This is very much the plan!
@AntrimMan85
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 8:09pm
I saw Andy Gray in Khans in Puerto Banus last week. So there..
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 8:45pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Take a bow son !
ccfcmurphy View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccfcmurphy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 2:29pm
Alright lads im making to big move to London to the girlfriend in September and I am kind of nervous about it.
Could anyone explain roughly how much council tax I will have to pay for a 2 bedroom apartment in North Finchley , im living with 2 students and they are exempt from the charge. I'm seeing figures of over 2000 sterling popping up does this sound correct Thumbs Down.  

Also I've no work lined up so any tips on places to start . Not looking to make a fortune ,just want to pay the rent and feed herself.

Any help would be great Beer
There's no point being the richest man in the graveyard
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by ccfcmurphy ccfcmurphy wrote:

Alright lads im making to big move to London to the girlfriend in September and I am kind of nervous about it.
Could anyone explain roughly how much council tax I will have to pay for a 2 bedroom apartment in North Finchley , im living with 2 students and they are exempt from the charge. I'm seeing figures of over 2000 sterling popping up does this sound correct Thumbs Down.  

Also I've no work lined up so any tips on places to start . Not looking to make a fortune ,just want to pay the rent and feed herself.

Any help would be great Beer

First things first, we need to see a pic - those are the rules...

As for council tax rates it depends on the Band (i.e. market value of the house).
Min is about £1K but you can pay up to £2.5K

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 2:52pm
Whether there are students in the house or not should have no impact on you, the share will be divided by the number of people and then students are exempt. That is how it worked where I have lived with students.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 3:14pm
Is your Mrs a Free Stater or a Tan?

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 36>
  Share Topic