You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The "What I learned today" thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4950515253 182>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

Having a row with the wife can be a positive thing.
Got to have the telly to meself all last night plus the house is spotless

Should do it again tonight

It can so easily be done again tonight believe me.

Love it. LOL
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 6:54pm
Tonight is the first time Real will have played at Wembley
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 2:44pm
There is an 18-hole golf course right beside the Great Pyramid of Giza in Cairo, Egypt.
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Tonight is the first time Real will have played at Wembley
1963 - Milan v Benfica
1968 - Man Utd v Benfica
1971 - Ajax v Panathinaikos
1978 - Liverpool v Bruges
1992 - Barcelona v Sampdoria (I was at this)
2011 - Barcelona v Man Utd

Strange alright considering they won it 12 times and Wembley is the most used venue.
They won it twice in Glasgow, Paris and Brussels and once in Madrid, Stuttgart, Amsterdam, Lisbon, Milan and Cardiff.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by GB 1HughJarse GB 1HughJarse wrote:

There is an 18-hole golf course right beside the Great Pyramid of Giza in Cairo, Egypt.

There is two and a massive Tennis Complex

People are under assumption that the Pyramids are in the middle of nowhere when in fact they are just on the Outskirts of the city about 1 hour drive from central Cairo

Edited by lassassinblanc - 02 Nov 2017 at 3:55pm
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 8:49pm
The dance classic 'fly on the wings of love' by xtm/dj sammy was taken from the winning Eurovision song from 2000. Which was won by Denmark.
The dark side.. And the light
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 11:21pm
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

The dance classic 'fly on the wings of love' by xtm/dj sammy was taken from the winning Eurovision song from 2000. Which was won by Denmark.
Classic Eurovision song. Mickey Joe Harte copied that song 2 years for Ireland with "we've got the world tonight". The two songs are more or less the same. Check them out on YouTube. I'd say Mickey watched a certain episode of Fr Ted too many times.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2017 at 6:46am
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

Classic Eurovision song. Mickey Joe Harte copied that song 2 years for Ireland with "we've got the world tonight". The two songs are more or less the same. Check them out on YouTube. I'd say Mickey watched a certain episode of Fr Ted too many times.

The Olsen Brothers
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2017 at 9:27pm
Celebrities with a genius IQ:
James Woods 180
Lady Gaga 166
Quentin Tarantino 160
Lisa Kudrow 153
Steve Martin 142
Madonna 140
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2017 at 9:47pm
Marilyn Mason 148
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2017 at 9:52pm
 That Alex Iwobi is Jay-Jay Okocha's nephew.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2017 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by The Count The Count wrote:

Marilyn Mason 148

Who is that? 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2017 at 11:49am
Anyone know what Cabot Financial do ? I think they they are a debt collector for Eir ?

Any info lads
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2017 at 2:49pm
Debt collector for a few different companies.

They buy debt at knockdown prices then pursue the full amount, afaik.
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2017 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

My debt is Eir over a dispute . I moved house and I cancelled I wasn't on a contract and they said I was so they say I had to pay up until my contract was out . I cancelled anyways and told them I would be gone from the property so send the return stickers for the router . They waited 6 weeks and sent them then . So the owner dropped them in after 8 weeks so there was a fine for late return of router and a months bill . I tried explaining it to customer care and was gettin nowhere . I wouldn't mind my mobile is on their service and they can't even cop that on . They are not getting a penny
deco911 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2017 at 4:44pm
Originally posted by Butch Butch wrote:

Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

My debt is Eir over a dispute . I moved house and I cancelled I wasn't on a contract and they said I was so they say I had to pay up until my contract was out . I cancelled anyways and told them I would be gone from the property so send the return stickers for the router . They waited 6 weeks and sent them then . So the owner dropped them in after 8 weeks so there was a fine for late return of router and a months bill . I tried explaining it to customer care and was gettin nowhere . I wouldn't mind my mobile is on their service and they can't even cop that on . They are not getting a penny

Contact Comreg and see eir run
GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2017 at 9:44pm
International football matches.
The two teams usually have their countries names abbreviated to three letters and appear in the top left hand corner.

Eg. Germany v England would be GER - ENG.

When Sweden play Denmark it would read:

SWE - DEN (putting those letters together spells SWEDEN.

The remaining missing letters from the full names of those 2 countries are

DEN - MARK (putting those letter together spells DENMARK.
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2017 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by GB 1HughJarse GB 1HughJarse wrote:

International football matches.
The two teams usually have their countries names abbreviated to three letters and appear in the top left hand corner.

Eg. Germany v England would be GER - ENG.

When Sweden play Denmark it would read:

SWE - DEN (putting those letters together spells SWEDEN.

The remaining missing letters from the full names of those 2 countries are

DEN - MARK (putting those letter together spells DENMARK.

Many - Land ....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4950515253 182>
  Share Topic