You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The "What I learned today" thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 133134135136137 182>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2021 at 10:42pm
** maybe this shouldn’t be laughed at
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2021 at 10:52pm
Having a few tonight. 5L mini keg sitting beside me.
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2021 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

Do any you coonts who don't drink at home have kids? Little bollixs would drive you to the drink. I count down to Fridays now like its my reward for putting up with all the sh*t of the week
Yeah, there's some Saturdays if the weather's sh*t and you're stuck inside all day, you'd be thinking of cracking into teh beer from about 3pm onwards. That said, the flipside is the 6am wake up calls, they're not much fun with kids.

I've definetly enjoyed drinking at home more during the pandemis. I'd rarely have more than 3/4 tho, I remember before on the Friday/Saturday night in thread lads would be getting through 8 cans. Never saw the point in getting that drunk at home.

Never got the drinking at home thing either....and the 7am wake ups from the kids basically knocked my drinking in the pubs on the head.haven’t had a gargle since December 2019....truth be told I’d actually be afraid to go out on the hooch now (if we could) ....bleeding kids!!!!
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2021 at 10:55pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Clap What you supping on? 
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2021 at 10:57pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Had a couple of Crafty Brewings Brown Ale. On Brehon Brewhouse Killanny Red mini keg now.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2021 at 10:57pm
40 cans, alright Paddy Losty 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Slow & Blind View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slow & Blind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2021 at 11:29pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

10 or 12 on a Friday and Saturday night and 3 or 4 Sunday to Thursday. I didn't even see it as heavy drinking until I cut it out. It's such an easy habit to fall into with no sport or fitness and no where to go.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2021 at 11:31pm

Had a couple of Crafty Brewings Brown Ale. On Brehon Brewhouse Killanny Red mini keg now.

Thumbs Up
Any use? 
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2021 at 11:39pm
Originally posted by Slow & Blind Slow & Blind wrote:

10 or 12 on a Friday and Saturday night and 3 or 4 Sunday to Thursday. I didn't even see it as heavy drinking until I cut it out. It's such an easy habit to fall into with no sport or fitness and no where to go.

Easily done but if I did that every week I’d think I had a problem. That’s just me though.
AS YOU WERE McGx

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2021 at 11:50pm

Thumbs Up
Any use? 
The Crafty id give maybe 6/10 Good to taste it but wont be buying again. The Brehon Killanny Red is decent. I prefer the cans to the keg though. They’ve a few other brews I want and intend to try in the near future.
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 8:32am

Thumbs Up
Any use? 
The Crafty id give maybe 6/10 Good to taste it but wont be buying again. The Brehon Killanny Red is decent. I prefer the cans to the keg though. They’ve a few other brews I want and intend to try in the near future.

Please keep us updated 
Chips don't bounce
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 8:53am

If you are drinking every day then you have a problem (although I would do this on holiday!)

During the week I’m just too busy with work / kids etc so no booze but will definitely have some on Friday and Sat. 
I don’t like Cans so it’s bottles of beer or some vino. Can’t beat a hot whiskeys either. 

Fair play to the ones that have given up for months. 

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 9:00am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

If you are drinking every day then you have a problem (although I would do this on holiday!)

During the week I’m just too busy with work / kids etc so no booze but will definitely have some on Friday and Sat. 
I don’t like Cans so it’s bottles of beer or some vino. Can’t beat a hot whiskeys either. 

40 cans a week of holidays especially if away, is a poor showing!
AS YOU WERE McGx

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 9:10am
2 to 3 drinks a week usually does me nowadays. 

Might have a few more if I am talking to the scientist 😀
AKA pedantic kunt
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 9:12am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

I love drinking at home Clap Having a few beers on the couch with the wife is one of life's few luxuries these days
wan hundred % Clap Don’t get not drinking at home🤔
Boozing at home is the only thing me through this LOL

Very rarely drank at home before lockdown. Now the norm is a dozen cans and watching the 2002 qualifying campaign on YouTube followed by random concerts until 5am. Even bought a can crusher to save space in the green bin! 
Clapwhere does wan get this can crusher? I almost need a 2nd green bin for my empty Heinomite 
Haven't wall mounted it yet as it's meant to be for the home bar.

Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 9:14am

40 cans a week of holidays especially if away, is a poor showing!

40 cans would be a stag weekend away for 2 nights/3 days.
Irish = animals 

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 9:24am

Based mainly on my own experience of alcohol misuse, I think only the drinker themselves knows that.  Physical health practitioners will tell you that any drinking, illegal drugs and fatty foods are going to kill you and they have reason to! The drinking itself is thus a problem, but the real problem is the drinker and why he is drinking and whether it is a need or a want. Only he can know that. I have drank very little at times, but was using it for the wrong reasons and drank a lot at times for innocent reasons without thought. There's no question that you can slip into dependence, but given that the OP was able to switch from daily drinking to weekend drinking I wouldn't be too concerned. It is a side-effect of everyone being bored silly! 
I remember in Niall Quinn's book when he talked about ringing Merson's dad and being told that his name couldn't be mentioned to Merson as all Merson's  drinking and gambling stories involved Quinn. An example of two people sharing a similar lifestyle with very different outcomes. 

Since the start of the year, my Saturdays involve a heap of cans, watching the local lads on ifollow and a group chat with the lads I would normally attend with. Hardly the same as the real thing, but it does give the brain some feeling of social inclusion that we crave, albeit through imitation. Trying to cut back to lose some weight, but it's the only thing to look forward to right now!
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 9:53am
Having a few cans and maybe a video call with a few mates is the only thing that differentiates the weekend from a normal day for me now. Not as if you can go out or do anything on your days off now.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 133134135136137 182>
  Share Topic