You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The "What I learned today" thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 128129130131132 182>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2020 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Jean Reno's real name is Juan Moreno y Herrera–Jiménez and both his parents were Spanish. He's French as a result of residency 

Awful gombeen head on him. Looks like a Basque Christy Moore.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2020 at 3:59pm
Maggie Q's actual name is Margaret Denise Quigley, they couldn't pronounce Quigley in Hong Kong so the media there shortened it to Maggie Q
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 4:28pm
Tracy Chapman is a woman.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

🤔
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 4:57pm
Tom Hanks always has appeared absolutely sound..... learned today that he has a son "Chet" who appears to be the biggest gimp going. Surprised at this. His other son, Colin seems a sound lad.

Chet ladies and gents 

Who is Tom Hanks son Chet and who are his other children? | Showcelnews.com
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

LOL Is this a wind up?
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2021 at 4:51pm
There is a sport called Disc Golf.

Just looking at some CV’s and one candidate had this as a hobby.
Had to Google it to see if it was a spelling mistake. But no it’s an actual sport.

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2021 at 4:57pm
Reminds me of being in London for the weekend and watching a load of young folks playing  quidditch in Clapham Common.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2021 at 8:07pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

There is a sport called Disc Golf.

Just looking at some CV’s and one candidate had this as a hobby.
Had to Google it to see if it was a spelling mistake. But no it’s an actual sport.

Playing poker many years ago with a group of lads (friends of friends). Everyone was lashing back the gargle except this one fella. When asked if he wanted a beer he declined as he was to be up early in the morning to compete in an "Ultimate Competition". I assumed he meant MMA/Ultimate Fighting so I asked what time he was fighting at only to be told it was "Ultimate Frisbie"!
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2021 at 7:30am
Ultimate Frisbee was very popular down in UL when I was there. They used to get a huge number turning up for sessions and received a big allowance from the clubs and societies funds.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2021 at 8:33am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Ultimate Frisbee was very popular down in UL when I was there. They used to get a huge number turning up for sessions and received a big allowance from the clubs and societies funds.
I could imagine it being popular with Irish students, with everyone wanting to show what mad craid they are altogether! It's the singing at babies on trains mentality.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2021 at 8:47am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Reminds me of being in London for the weekend and watching a load of young folks playing  quidditch in Clapham Common.

I live nearby and it still goes on every weekend - it’s a league and is played all over the UK apparently.
I bet Ireland has a league.

I remember chatting to some of the players/adult children in the pub one evening and they were telling me it’s the fastest growing sport in the UK.
I was trying really hard not to burst myself laughing. 

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2021 at 9:25am
I assume it's similar to hurling?
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2021 at 9:36am

I live nearby and it still goes on every weekend - it’s a league and is played all over the UK apparently.

I remember chatting to some of the players/adult children in the pub one evening and they were telling me it’s the fastest growing sport in the UK.

Yep, seen a hape of nerds at it in Herbert Park
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2021 at 10:39am
Yeah used to be very popular in UCC too, it's played in St.Annes during the summer.

I've played disc golf once, though wouldn't call it a sport. IT was a hotel in Queenstown that gave a map and a frisbee, and you basically walked around a park seeing how many throws it too to hit a certain marked tree.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2021 at 12:53pm

They do for colleges/universities anyway, similar to how football/Gaelic football/hurling do.

EDIT - I mean like Collingwood, Sigerson, Fitzgibbon, etc.

Edited by The Huntacha - 28 Jan 2021 at 12:54pm
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2021 at 1:01pm

Was in UCD for a hurling game one evening about 2 years so. Before the game started there was a group  of at least 20 playing ultimate frisbee on the green beside the pitch. Looked strange as you could imagine, they done a full warm up before like you would do before a gaa, soccer game. Their game must have went on for about 2 hours 
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2021 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I could imagine it being popular with Irish students, with everyone wanting to show what mad craid they are altogether! It's the singing at babies on trains mentality.
My mates played as an excuse to get with the women....Used to train before us up in DCU. Terrible sport, plenty of fit women involved though!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 128129130131132 182>
  Share Topic